Grand Prix thread

qureshia

Noon sharing boob spotter (.Y.)
Cars owned: ID buzz, Touring (BMW 5 not 911)
Great race - ????

So last two races have (silverstone and Hungry) been absolute belters...good old European tracks - next the classic Spa.

Great seeing Vettle (Ferrari win)
Shame for Raikkonen

Ham must be counting his lucky stars - gained a further 4 points on Rosberg, when it could have easily been loss of 25....and title lead.

Great race - ????

So last two races have (silverstone and Hungry) been absolute belters...good old European tracks - next the classic Spa.

Great seeing Vettle (Ferrari win)
Shame for Raikkonen

Ham must be counting his lucky stars - gained a further 4 points on Rosberg, when it could have easily been loss of 25....and title lead.

I think Hamilton needs to calm down a bit, he was so lucky to salvage any points. There's something I'm not liking about him at the moment on top of his sense of fashion. If he'd taken his time he'd have been still in a fabulous position after the fist lap instead of chucking himself off track claiming his team mate cut across him??
His driving talent coupled with the Merc is awesome, he truly is the man to beat , however, I'm thinking Hamilton is possibly showing off a bit, he doesn't like being behind and is driving dangerously and desperately in order to get in front ASAP.
Take your time Lewis, in F1 the World is your oyster. Patience is a virtue

My thoughts exactly Henry. Best talent on the grid by far but he needs to calm down, regroup and plan an attack. He seems to go all guns blazing way too quick. He was fast enough that he could have waited and overtook them all in the pit stops like silverstone

I think he feels he has a public reputation to uphold and therefore attacks. Plus he knows it draws the TV cameras in terms of wheel to wheel dicing....

....but I agree it all looked clumsy and brash.

And why the hell should pastor have a drive a part from the millions of Latin American sponsorship money he brings with him :)

And why the hell should pastor have a drive a part from the millions of Latin American sponsorship money he brings with him :)

To add to that Sam..... I'm truly peed off that these cars cannot be driven flat out for the whole race, this is F1, the very best of the best. Unlimited fuel please, no more of this namby pamby malarkey

I think Hamilton needs to calm down a bit, he was so lucky to salvage any points. There's something I'm not liking about him at the moment on top of his sense of fashion. If he'd taken his time he'd have been still in a fabulous position after the fist lap instead of chucking himself off track claiming his team mate cut across him??
His driving talent coupled with the Merc is awesome, he truly is the man to beat , however, I'm thinking Hamilton is possibly showing off a bit, he doesn't like being behind and is driving dangerously and desperately in order to get in front ASAP.
Take your time Lewis, in F1 the World is your oyster. Patience is a virtue

dont agree at all.

its harder than ever to pass and he has always been very aggressive, possibly the most aggressive overtaker in F1 ever, its part of his skill set and from time to time it will go wrong. i have watched every single race since he joined f1 and he has never changed in that area.

To add to that Sam..... I'm truly peed off that these cars cannot be driven flat out for the whole race, this is F1, the very best of the best. Unlimited fuel please, no more of this namby pamby malarkey

if they end up being able to drive flat out then hamilton, alonso and kimi, bottas will all prosper, especially hamilton.

it would be interesting to know the bhp difference the "overtake mode" and normal lap mode......Would love the see the N/As V8s back from 13

it would be interesting to know the bhp difference the "overtake mode" and normal lap mode......Would love the see the N/As V8s back from 13

Not sure about the whole field but I think on the Maclaren it's about 160bhp in normal mode with an extra 16bhp (10%), in "overtake mode" David.

Sound about right ?
:)

Hamilton is very aggressive but he needs to learn when to be aggressive and when to just calm the fuck down and assess the situation for a lap or two.

I agree with you Henry I wish they can just race flat out, none of this part throttle shit, it's F1 !

Saying that I wouldn't want to see v8 old school engines back. I love the fact that the engineers have been given the impossible mandate of making f1 engines based on 1.6l engines,many they succeeded. At first everyone thought it won't be possible. As a by product we now have the p1, 918 and laF. Not same technology clearly but it's now acceptable to have a hyper hybrid.

Hamilton was the meekest of the top 4 into turn one off the line. He was alongside Vettel to the inside and ahead of Rosberg yet he braked earliest and was 4th coming out of turn one. One could argue it was that waryness and lack of attack that put him in the position where he locked up and ran into the gravel?!

Back