Have I found a new home for cars?

P

Pixel-Snapper

Afternoon all,

After living most of the last 7 years over on that other forum for like minded car nuts, one in which has slipped over the years from what it once was (pistonheymarketheads) I thought I'd try and find a new home to fulfil my quest for knowledge and banter.

I maybe a lowly classic car restorer but love a supercar as much as the next man. Heck the amount of money I've spent on classic mini's I probably could of had a supercar by now.

Anyway I look forward to reading, looking and day dreaming some more.

Regards,

Pixel-Snapper

Welcome! Nice community here, enjoy and post up some photos of your Minis.

Yes, pics please, we like pics here.

How did you find us. Were you referred ?

Last edited:
Welcome along :)

Hi and welcome.

Hi PS, welcome over here. We havent got any classic car restorers in the place yet, your timing could be quite apt as there are a few fannying around with classics on here.

This is the part of your initiation on here where you get asked a load of questions and pic uploads requested. Once we suss out you are not a Martian sent here to bend our minds, private member access awaits you once you've got stuck into the public areas :) stick around, there is more to this forum/club than initially meets the eye

Hey KnickeRS

I've known about S9 for sometime back in the day when it was more public and used to lurk on the odd occasion. I somewhat remember following a thread on here of Moz's when he had a white Scud and a few of you we're over on the Island of Man. I lurk around on the Supercars section on that other place a lot, so recognise quite a few forum names on here that used to post a lot over there. A few of them have mentioned this place in the past.

Hey KnickeRS

I've known about S9 for sometime back in the day when it was more public and used to lurk on the odd occasion. I somewhat remember following a thread on here of Moz's when he had a white Scud and a few of you we're over on the Island of Man. I lurk around on the Supercars section on that other place a lot, so recognise quite a few forum names on here that used to post a lot over there. A few of them have mentioned this place in the past.

Great, let's see some pics then?

Minis... well where do I start!

I have a 1982 commercial van I'm restoring at the moment, by at the moment I mean the last 12 years! It's a labour of love and a car that I will never sell on.

Finally it'll be going off for paint hopefully over the next few weeks then it's case of remembering how it all goes back together.

There is pretty much nothing left of it that hasn't been welded, bent, bashed, sworn at or lost blood over.

Pictures you say... I have hundreds spanning 12 years!

Aw I also look after this one.

Genuine 1275GT Clubman, never painted and only the one half the seat tunnel replaced.

Also running Stage 3 1330cc MED engine, Kent 286 cam, highlight rockers, 1.5" SU and race balanced.

105bhp at the crank, to say it goes is an understatement.

That's a cool little ride that. I remember these back in the day. Super small and so chuckable. Total fun.

Right ok then so this is how it started back in 2003.

It then got stripped down and left in the garage for 3 years while I went off the get drunk and party at Uni.

Over the next 5 - 10 years it slowly lost more of its undercarriage to the grinder.

It then went off to have some welding done as I couldn't weld at the time.

This didn't go so well and in the end I decided if you want a job doing well, do it yourself! So I learnt to weld myself.

I then found that the floor was completely rotten.

Piles of rust became a weekly occurrence.

I rolled it over to find a patchwork quilt of repairs.

So out that came.

Passenger side wasn't much better so that came out too.

New floor in.

With the floor finished I then bought a compressor and learnt to paint.

My colour of choice to be AA Yellow.

Once the floor was finished it was time to get it rolling and the frontend on.

The front is made front metal panels welded together so that the whole front can come off in one piece.

With most of the major bodywork done I moved on to the engine.

Again like the Clubman above the engine is to be a 1330cc, stage 3 head, race cam, 1.5" SU and balanced internals.

Once the block came back from the machine shop I set about lobbing it back together.

And in it's current state waiting to go off to the paint shop.

So there we have it.

Back