Hello all - new guy here

B

bhatton

Hello everyone,

New member here looking to talk cars and get on with likeminded people who i might have met in paddocks. Last year did my first year of racing in a Ginetta G40 and have just bought a 1964 Morris Mini Cooper S to do historic touring cars in. Generally into nippy British sports cars but open minded when it comes to speed. About to study motorsport engineering to go with the racing and general car obsession. Hope to see some on track soon.

Cheers,

Ben

FYI SimonR referred me so its his fault I'm here...

Hi Ben , welcome to S9’s.

. have just bought a 1964 Morris Mini Cooper S to do historic touring cars in. Generally into nippy British sports cars but open minded when it comes to speed.

Ben that is really cool, it will good to hear of your progress.

welcome Ben

Historic racing sounds great :(clap):

Welcome along

Welcome Ben

Welcome Ben Be good to hear what you think of the G40.

Sorry guys.....

Bang goes the neighborhood!

I have known Ben since birth, really pleased to be associated with his racing aspirations, the Mini looks pretty tasty, will be getting out on track soonest!

Welcome Ben.

Hi Trevsked,

Have loved my time in the G40, couldn't think of a better car to start racing in. Safe, fast enough to really learn in but not so much you'll have something bitten off! Great handling car and toe to toe a better car than a Caterham but not as fast as a 620R, only issue may be build quality I've had silly stuff like fuses go in the assembily area, the door locks didn't work from factory and to be fair the fuel gauge has finally begun to work!

Fun little car though despite the um character...

Evening Ben and welcome, Drew 😎

Welcome on board!

Hi Ben! I remember coming to watch you in the wet at Brands last year in the Ginetta - great stuff. Historics sound like a riot. Welcome, plenty of ex-racers on here to chew the fat with :).

Come on Ben, lets have some pictures of the Mini and a bit about it please.

Good one for the Gallery.

Thanks for all the welcomes guys. And @burnsey210 I do remember that day when it was bucketing down, which I believe was my excuse for starting quali in the gravel at clearways...

I will attach photos of the Mini as soon as I figure out how that works...

hey Ben, welcome to S9,

Good luck with motorsport engineering... I am in Engineering for Motorsport (F1, LMP2, WRC, BTC and F-E), so maybe there is something I can help with.

Cheers

Hi SpaRkzz,

Thankyou for the welcome. I'm very excited to start in the industry and my formal education in motorsport, I'd appreciate any help I can get to get my foot in the door so it'd be great to have a chat about what you do!

IMG_0018.jpgHi Guys, as promised a few pictures of the Mini.

Attachments

• IMG_0012.jpg
    IMG_0012.jpg
    902.6 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_0014.jpg
    IMG_0014.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 131
Last edited by a moderator:
Back