Hello! New member burnsy210

burnsy210

Stutt9art VIP
Cars owned: 2007 BMW Z4M Coupe; 2016 Caterham 620+S SRM Edition; 2013 MP4-12C; 2020 GR Yaris
Hi all

Thought that I'd better introduce myself before joining you in France in July! Will be bringing my Riviera Blue Caterham 620S that some may remember (passing, repeatedly) from Spa last November. Also in the garage is a black 2007 Z4M Coupe (Spa '14), with a Golf R for every day duties. The (slightly bipolar) future includes a golf-replacing Model 3 whenever Elon sorts out the RHD dual-motor version and continuing to try to shake off the fact I don't have a 650S in the garage. Yet.

Referred by Nick and Ralf and looking forward to meeting some of you later in the year.

Cheers

burnsy

Hello :wavey:

Welcome !

Look forward to meeting you in France.

Hi Chris, and likewise, will be great to meet in France. Many Catherham fans on here too. :(wasntme):

Just be kind to us in your 620 on your first outing please..:(whew):

Welcome :(y):

Welcome, how you finding the 620S? I think I'd quite like one as my next car, had a Caterham before with 150hp and it was just too slow!

Welcome Chris... 620R on the France trip, you will hurt pride across the board. Quite like them for TD's, having nose around :)

Welcome Chris... 620R on the France trip, you will hurt pride across the board. Quite like them for TD's, having nose around :)
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome :). Hoping that a smaller layout than spa will make things a bit more interesting - it's great getting to 100ish in a blink but less fun sloooowly smashing through the air to top out at about 140! More corners please :D.

Overall the caterham experience is very good. Feels a little bit experimental at times - the fancy carbon coated diff lasted all of two days on track and I wasn't really pushing it too hard first time out - but in fairness they swapped it out for a more robust unit with zero fuss. Feels (and sounds) like a proper little racecar now.

Are you looking at anything in particular?

Last edited:
Welcome Chris.

Get stuck in and I hope you're looking forward to France as much as we are. There'll be a good few of you guys in Caterhams there. You may want to think about joining us at Zandvoort in Sept too...?

I have opened you up with full S9's access now too.

Nick

Hi ya and see you in France :(hi):

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome :). Hoping that a smaller layout than spa will make things a bit more interesting - it's great getting to 100ish in a blink but less fun sloooowly smashing through the air to top out at about 140! More corners please :D.

Overall the caterham experience is very good. Feels a little bit experimental at times - the fancy carbon coated diff lasted all of two days on track and I wasn't really pushing it too hard first time out - but in fairness they swapped it out for a more robust unit with zero fuss. Feels (and sounds) like a proper little racecar now.

Are you looking at anything in particular?

Yup pondering over 620R with a full cage, drove with a couple of chaps on Spa with BaT, I was in my race car having a blast with them. Quite like the lightweight and simple concept.

France will be great in a Caterham and same goes for our private S9 days in Sep on Zandvoort, come join us there as well. Keen to have a closer look at your 620.

Welcome aboard Chris, fellow Caterham owner!
Look forward to seeing you on the France trip. Fingers crossed I shall have mine there too.

Hi & welcome :wavey:

Yup pondering over 620R with a full cage, drove with a couple of chaps on Spa with BaT, I was in my race car having a blast with them. Quite like the lightweight and simple concept.

France will be great in a Caterham and same goes for our private S9 days in Sep on Zandvoort, come join us there as well. Keen to have a closer look at your 620.
Very nice - that sequential box makes such a difference and of course the cage makes slicks feasible which must be mind blowing. I'm keen to get hold of a set of 13"s with the Avon ZZRs as per 620R spec for the summer, the ZZSs are brilliant road tyres but start to struggle quite quickly on track.

@Nick - thanks! Zandvoort looks like a distinct possibility.

@LaSource be assured I'm certainly not a lightweight driver :) "Sir may be more suited to our SV chassis, perhaps..." :)

Quick pic for interest
bf0de1a29198260f569b7dbc62828a46.jpg

Very nice - that sequential box makes such a difference and of course the cage makes slicks feasible which must be mind blowing. I'm keen to get hold of a set of 13"s with the Avon ZZRs as per 620R spec for the summer, the ZZSs are brilliant road tyres but start to struggle quite quickly on track.

@Nick - thanks! Zandvoort looks like a distinct possibility.

@LaSource be assured I'm certainly not a lightweight driver :) "Sir may be more suited to our SV chassis, perhaps..." :)

Quick pic for interest
bf0de1a29198260f569b7dbc62828a46.jpg

I remember this little puppy on track!

I was in the Red Exige!

Great two days that was at Spa

See you in France!

I remember this little puppy on track!

I was in the Red Exige!

Great two days that was at Spa

See you in France!
The 350? I remember being surprised at how quick that thing was! So *you're* the reason I've been lusting over the Cup 380 recently...

Great days indeed.

Back