Lamborghini - how to get a wheel off ?!!!

Moz

Administrator
Staff member
Top Poster Of Month
Cars owned: Speciale, SV Roadster, LP640 Roadster, Yaris GR, 991.2 GT3RS, Taycan CT4S, Alfa 1.5 Ti. Citroen AMI!
So, my left hand wing indicator bulb has failed (ref to pic below) which just needs a simple bulb change into the Ford Focus sourced side repeater.

All I need to do is get the wheel off so that I can undo the screws that hold the wheel arch liner in, then I can access said repeater. This will save me half a day of my life (and time off work) taking the sodding thing to Lambo to be fixed.

Simple Sunday morning jobs yes.....

Attachments

• P1010373.jpg
    P1010373.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 257
So, I start rummaging around the boot assuming I will find a jack in there to get the wheel off!

I find a totally gay pair of white Lambo raving gloves, and compressor thing and a tub of that tyre foam gunk stuff.

No jack whatsoever. I refer to the handbook for the first time ever and there is no mention at all in it about getting a wheel off.

Attachments

• P1010374.jpg
    P1010374.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 260
So then I look at the wheels and notice they aren't like normal wheels that you can get off with the normal wheel nut thingymabob....no no....these are special little star shaped thingies that I have no tool for!!!

FFS...I was all set for sorting this today.

Love these practical supercars, they just complicate ones already complicated life further!

Attachments

• P1010375.jpg
    P1010375.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 194
To early for a useful reply.....

If it doesn't have a spare wheel, why would it have a jack

Try something like this

image.jpg

Good luck. Why they insist on doing this is beyond me-money making I know.

You should be able to access that arch liner flap with the wheel on full lock and that corner jacked up, but if you don't have a proper jack and an axle stand for Gods sake please don't attempt it in the driveway and end up missing a limb when it falls on you!

Ok, when I said I have those star thingies I meant for normal size screws, not bolts.

Go to Halfords, if you dare - I bet they have some.

Ok, when I said I have those star thingies I meant for normal size screws, not bolts.

Go to Halfords, if you dare - I bet they have some.

Spoken to Ewy this morning, he has some. Will pop over there to sort.

So in summary, you can't fill it up with fuel and you can't get a wheel off.

Well at least your photos are the right way up, so you're only a partial muppet :)

You should be able to access that arch liner flap with the wheel on full lock and that corner jacked up, but if you don't have a proper jack and an axle stand for Gods sake please don't attempt it in the driveway and end up missing a limb when it falls on you!

I managed to access mine with wheel fully locked.no jack required.

Good luck. Why they insist on doing this is beyond me-money making I know.

They are TORX fasteners, you can get the sockets that fit into them from Halfords.

My take is Lambo wheels are worth a few quid and by using not so common type hex bolts, it is slightly more tricky for the casual wheel thief to get them off.

They are TORX fasteners, you can get the sockets that fit into them from Halfords.

My take is Lambo wheels are worth a few quid and by using not so common type hex bolts, it is slightly more tricky for the casual wheel thief to get them off.

what, you mean plonkers who don't know what torx are ???

Would you not think that the official line is that "Weight has been removed from the mass of the wheel nuts to aid in the reduction of unsprung but rotating mass" ?

what, you mean plonkers who don't know what torx are ???

Most cars do not use torx fasteners, I'm not convinced a would be wheel thief happens to be carrying torx sockets around on the off chance he will stumble across a supercar that uses torx.

Would you not think that the official line is that "Weight has been removed from the mass of the wheel nuts to aid in the reduction of unsprung but rotating mass" ?

That sort of marketing spiel belongs to the sub 100k car segment.

Lambos tend to be parked in northern parts of the UK where people like Wayne Rooney and Luis Nani lives, or on the streets of St Petersburg Russia, hoodie tracksuit opportunists aplenty.

Back