mini euro trip : war graves or similar

redfive

Forum moaning cnut and organiser of shit events
Cars owned: some
Ive always wanted to do a driving trip to either the war graves in France and/or Auschwitz, but for my sins, I don't really have a clue which route(s) you'd take.

Has anyone here organised/been on/got a clue where you can find predetermined routes/guides on such a trip? There must be such a thing somewhere??

Also, who's up for such a trip??:8):

Sounds a bit depressing to me.

Not on my bucket list really.

We do a trip each year, so much to see and do...... so many stories.

You really need to narrow it down a little, even if its only WW1 or WW2

Ive always wanted to do a driving trip to either the war graves in France and/or Auschwitz, but for my sins, I don't really have a clue which route(s) you'd take.

Has anyone here organised/been on/got a clue where you can find predetermined routes/guides on such a trip? There must be such a thing somewhere??

Also, who's up for such a trip??:8):

I planned a route from Bilbao/Santander - starting in Biarritz staying in some nice hotels and Relais Chateaux doing the submarine pens and all the battle emplacements on the way up including Normandy etc

Steve - might not be able to help much on the driving route, but can certainly give you a steer on where to go/see.

The WWI areas in Eastern France/Belgium are not to be missed...

I spent some time last year at a war grave, it does move you massively and it truly makes you think.
But
I'd rather not do this again for a while.

Back