Mission Motorsport at Goodwood this Thursday

benjj

Stutt9art VIP
Cars owned: Porsche 944 Rally Prototype, 1957 Land Rover 2.25l, BMW 530i, shopping for something new
Hello gents,

I'm new to the forum, was introduced by Tony R.

Amongst other things I work with Mission Motorsport (www.missionmotorsport.org) whom some of you may have come across over the last few years.

Each year we have 3 big events; The Race of Remembrance, the Anniversary and the Invitational. This week is the week of the Invitational - Oct 8th at Goodwood.

It's essentially a track day, albeit a pretty special one. We have 5 paddock groups of cars (Pre War, 50s, 60s, Specials, Supercars) - each and every car has a Mission Motorsport beneficiary passenger on every outing.

The cars are rather formidable, 60 in total. We've got everything from an original Lagonda Formula car and an Alfa 6C Zagato through to a P918, Carrera GT, F40 and more. In the middle are all the cars you will have seen if you went and watched the TT at Goodwood this year.

A cheeky video link here to some stills of the first event in 2013: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMVlFHs7H7w

Given the nature of some of these cars we've had a few dropouts this week due to mechanical snafus. So, with 2 full days to go I've got the task of trying to find a few replacement for the supercar class!

If any of you are interested in attending I can assure you of a very warm MM welcome, lunch included, a covered paddock and the opportunity to get up close and personal with the beneficiaries that we work with. The weather even looks dry!

Each paddock group will get 4 or 5 sessions of c.30 minutes on track and the rest of the time the paddock is completely open with some very interesting people attending.

Please feel free to drop me a line if you can make it. Apologies for the almost non existent notice.

Ben

Welcome and well done with all the effort put in for a good cause. So is the invitation to come along and see what's going on or is it more. Sorry if I've not understood your post.

Welcome and well done with all the effort put in for a good cause. So is the invitation to come along and see what's going on or is it more. Sorry if I've not understood your post.

Sorry Trev, I'm a div!

I'm looking to add 2/3 cars after a few have had to drop out today. Specifically I'm looking to add to the 'supercar' group.

I've room for 12 cars in that specific group and so far have confirmed:

Ferrari F430
Ferrari 458 Speciale
Ferrari F40
McLaren 12C
Porsche 918
Porsche CGT
Porsche 991 GT3
Porsche 993 GT2
Porsche 964 RS
Porsche 997 GT3

I've got irons in the fire but really want to see this back to 12 to maximise opportunities for the lads on the day.

Cheers,

Ben

Ok understood but if anybody wanted to pop down and add a few dollars to the pot would that be permitted? Not looking to do anything other than drop in if I get the chance.

Ok understood but if anybody wanted to pop down and add a few dollars to the pot would that be permitted? Not looking to do anything other than drop in if I get the chance.

Certainly can. If any of you fancy it just feel free. I'm there managing the paddock groups, just ask for Ben!

Ok Ben thanks and hope to get down there at some point during the day.

Will be done there in the Speciale. Can't do all day as out in Spitfire 10.30 to 2pm.

Cheers Andy, got it all squared away and you're out first and then counted out for a couple. Hoping for a low level buzzing of the start/finish line!

I was there for that low level Spitfire pass. Like all these things it was even wilder in person. The main thing was the noise, he was carrying so much speed.

Sure Andy won't let us down!

I'll be there Ben. Looking forward to meeting you and seeing Andy in action.

P

Many thanks for the invitation Ben. A thoroughly enjoyable day and hopefully put a smile on a few faces.

It was good to meet you too Andy and I loved your Speciale and the Spitfire in equal measure. Here are a few pictures...

IMG_1746.JPG

IMG_1749.JPG

IMG_1750.JPG

IMG_1751.JPG

IMG_1752.JPG

IMG_1753.JPG

IMG_1758.JPG

It was just a mega day, delighted everyone enjoyed it.

As sent out via email earlier to all drivers; it has already had a fantastic impact, more beneficiaries engaged and opportunities offered.

Massive smiles all round this weekend at MM HQ!

Back