New member checking in...

barchetta_boy

Stutt9art VIP
Cars owned: 991.2 GTS, '79 928 5-spd, E46 M3 manual, 996 GT3 Manthey, 1992 VW T4 camper, '89 928 S4 manual
Hi everyone,

I was recommended to check this site out by Wilmslowboy... funnily enough i am originally from Wilmslow myself but I now live in Kent/Sussex border area.

Cars are a long-standing passion, currently have a somewhat eclectic fleet including Elise S1 Sport 160 with a DVA head and Jenvey ITBs, big brakes and proper suspension, 180bhp @ 7300rpm. Great on circuit well great full stop really but not a car for motorway cruising. Also an old Porsche 928 manual 'hot rod' with a later motor, headers, GT brakes and suspension... and the most recent addition a volcano orange 12C which I pick up tomorrow afternoon :D:

plus daily drivers, camper van etc.

Hope to get to some meets etc soon

Cheers

Joel

229914A9-F75C-4AFD-9FBF-5F96050AEB04E845D2BC-DEBB-4C38-95FA-01719FEE11B0.jpg here she is...

Welcome Joel, getting like McLaren Life on here :)

Welcome.

A lot of people hoovering up 12Cs nowadays.

Hi guys, yes... I was considering a new AMG GT-S, 997 GT3 or even a 90s Bentley Continental R (maybe when I'm pushing 60 rather than 40!) but in the end the bespoke nature of the McLaren and the rarity and performance of the Macca drew me in... I've had a lot of time in Porsches and fancied a change. Hope it works out, I haven't driven the bloody thing yet! Pick it up tomorrow / Friday

That 12C looks th ebollocks.

s9s is becoming Mac12s

When we went to view it at Romans the kids immediately christened it the baked bean. I was torn between volcano orange and volcano red, glad I went with the orange now but they both look awesome.

Welcome Joel.

I've opened you up full site access so please do get stuck in. Simple rules, we don't like lurkers on S9's. So if you don't put in, then the bar gets dropped :)

If you can, get yourself onto our meet at OPC Portsmouth on March 5th and you'll get to meet a good few of us too.

Enjoy.

welcome (fellow 12c fanboy) - love the colour...

I'm Wilmslowboy on PH, on here I just referred to as the boss or perhaps its something else...

as above post, be friendly, many of us here have corporate / client relationships - so we need to keep the forum private

cheers

Welcome! S'pose I'll have to buy a Macca soon to fit in!!!

Welcome Joel, as Nick says, get stuck in, we are a good bunch here. Enjoy.

Welcome Joel. Enjoy that 12C. Great cars!

Welcome! S'pose I'll have to buy a Macca soon to fit in!!!

Well, you will if you want access to the VVIP Mclaren owners only section within S9's Pete.

Welcome chap, you'd enjoy it here, good bunch.

While at it, we are being over run with you Mac fanboys :)

Well, you will if you want access to the VVIP Mclaren owners only section within S9's Pete.

Hmmm! I think I can live without that but do fancy a 4C or a 650s...kind of fell in love with the 650s spider at Alistair Bols as it happens

Hmmm! I think I can live without that but do fancy a 4C or a 650s...kind of fell in love with the 650s spider at Alistair Bols as it happens

And he's a very decent chap too Alastair.

another MCL!!!!!!! right...we need more Porsches.

welcome. I do love the VO colour on these macs

Hi Joel, that's the car I almost bought, as you know :) welcome, i am new too, along with all the other new 12C owners. I take it you have picked it up now?

Back