Ollie Webb

Hud

Stutt9art VIP
Cars owned: Bike
Did Silverstone yesterday with the Speciale sharing my garage with a mate and Ollie Webb.

I've heard Ollies name but never followed his career https://www.oliwebbracing.com/

I was having a crappy day and unable to get into a rythm mainly due to getting a bollocking for noise (105db on driveby) which meant i was backing off and short shifting past the sound meters, I was also tired and generally not enjoying myself.

Ollie kindly offered to help out and jumped in the driving seat to take me for a few laps ... Having had an instructor myself for the last year or so i just thought it would be the normal fast lap, lines etc.

BLOODY HELL !! What a driver, i really cannot describe in words what i witnessed. Totally committed to every corner, braking like i have never seen, car literally dancing around the bends .. I was just gobsmacked. Best track day experience ever and truly in awe of seeing a true professional drive. Ollie mentioned that his work with Top Gear had now come to an end, I assume he was one of the Stigs. He won European Le Mans last year, Abu Dhabi this year and loads more stuff .. chatted and he said no aspirations for F1.

Now got his business card, i'm binning my current instructor and moving on to Ollie ..

Attachments

• s11.JPG
    s11.JPG
    172.1 KB · Views: 166
Last edited:
Did Silverstone yesterday with the Speciale sharing my garage with a mate and Ollie Webb.

I've heard Ollies name but never followed his career https://www.oliwebbracing.com/

I was having a crappy day and unable to get into a rythm mainly due to getting a bollocking for noise (105db on driveby) which meant i was backing off and short shifting past the sound meters, I was also tired and generally not enjoying myself.

Ollie kindly offered to help out and jumped in the driving seat to take me for a few laps ... Having had an instructor myself for the last year or so i just thought it would be the normal fast lap, lines etc.

BLOODY HELL !! What a driver, i really cannot describe in words what i witnessed. Totally committed to every corner, braking like i have never seen, car literally dancing around the bends .. I was just gobsmacked. Best track day experience ever and truly in awe of seeing a true professional drive. Ollie mentioned that his work with Top Gear had now come to an end, I assume he was one of the Stigs. He won European Le Mans last year, Abu Dhabi this year and loads more stuff .. chatted and he said no aspirations for F1.

Now got his business card, i'm binning my current instructor and moving on to Ollie ..

Excellent! It's amazing how much a good instructor can bring you on. It's also worrying just how many people pass themselves off as instructors too, not only this, but it's also pretty easy to become one.

Glad you had fun & enjoy getting to grips with it even more with Ollie.

Last edited:

Ollie,is good friend, he's good enough for F1 imv.......top chap also, Sam he's with us at Anglesey...I believe.

Ollie sounds a top chap.

Rob, has your car got a stock exhaust? If so I am surprised it popped the noise meters for a 105db drive by!!

Ollie sounds a top chap.

Rob, has your car got a stock exhaust? If so I am surprised it popped the noise meters for a 105db drive by!!

Yes Stock exhaust

Ollie sounds a top chap.

102 oe 103 at silverstone for drive by isn't it?

Met Ollie a couple of times, top guy and insanely fast! Was riding shotgun Paul Baileys P1 and Ollie went round the outside of us around a couple of corners! He was in the BAC mono mind but still.

Follow Ollie in Instagram living the dream that man.

Car's looking good Rob.

Back