Pace ward Merger?

AlexA

Kebab Van Owner
Cars owned: ....
Assume quite a few of us are insured with PaceWard.

Whats does this all mean exactly?

I posted a link for I 1st thought this had only just happened, then realised this happened a while ago. Apologies for any misunderstanding.

I got a rather clumsy email from Towergate Insurance (I got sent it 2 times for some reason) this afternoon. I've had 2 calls about it from people I have referred in PaceWard's direction too (similarly confused/slightly put out).

It's badly written and Jez (who's on holiday in Italy currently) needs to get all over it.

People buy from people and organisations spend years building trust/reputation/loyalty from customers, and Towergate have just put a load of noses out of joint with that email that basically says 'We've bought PaceWard and you deal with us now, bollocks to your relationships with anyone else in the old business'

I'm sure Jez will be fuming when he gets off his private jet and puts the champagne down over in Italy.

All good from my point of view, I’m sure jezza will be along shortly to reassure everyone.

I got a rather clumsy email from Towergate Insurance (I got sent it 2 times for some reason) this afternoon. I've had 2 calls about it from people I have referred in PaceWard's direction too (similarly confused/slightly put out).

It's badly written and Jez (who's on holiday in Italy currently) needs to get all over it.

People buy from people and organisations spend years building trust/reputation/loyalty from customers, and Towergate have just put a load of noses out of joint with that email that basically says 'We've bought PaceWard and you deal with us now, bollocks to your relationships with anyone else in the old business'

I'm sure Jez will be fuming when he gets off his private jet and puts the champagne down over in Italy.
I got the same e mail, saying they are moving offices………..and we moved from Towergate to Pace Ward !

I was with Towergate a few years back, utterly awful

Just got in from a boat trip phone battery died trying to connect to a network.

Towergate of old was owned by Peter Cullam - he really fucked insurers over and tarnished the brand.
Ardonagh bought TG and tried to reinvigorate it but it’s a slow process even though PC has had nothing to do with TG for 4+ years
Ardonagh have a mantra that customers come first Peter didn’t, so much so that when Brown and Brown bought his current business it was on the proviso he retired!

There is a rebrand looming and the TG name will go as it’s not great with insurers even today

We have grown by 18% in the past 12 months and need more staff - there is a TG office 1 mile from my office with 35 people in so it makes sense to use their capacity.
The FCA however don’t see it that simply and Ardonagh have so many legal entities they had to clean a few up (read 40+) so it’s easier and quicker for us to get the support needed to move over. My brand known by insurers for over 25 years will continue with the people then potentially resurface as a trading style…
The FCA see black and white only

So no changes bar more people to help with what we do

Jez

@Moz correct, we’re in Capri for Valerie’s 50th (tomorrow)

We got engaged here 10 years ago on her 40th so it’s a special trip and means a lot to both of us

Her 40th was a few first for her - helicopter ride, powerboat trip etc so I had to make this pretty special as we can recount memories. TBH thats what we are focusing on - making memories 👍🏻

Cheers for the update Jez. The email correspondance just wasnt very clear and no real pre-warning - plus I seem to have lost my main contact at the same time which was a shame.

Today's email update from Towergate/Pace Ward is the one that should have been sent first (y)
Jez has sorted it from Italy.
Defcon 5 resumed.

Today's email update from Towergate/Pace Ward is the one that should have been sent first (y)
Jez has sorted it from Italy.
Defcon 5 resumed.
Agreed - wasnt meant to come back on here yesterday but didnt get a chance.

Latest email clear and friendlier approach. Alot more comforting.

Good on you and Al for selling up Jez. And I’m sure that all the folk that PaceWard look after will continue to be looked after very well, especially whilst you and Al remain with the company. It’s a shame that a ham fisted communication got sent out without you being aware but when acquisitions happen by larger groups, such things can and do happen whilst there is a transition to ensure all the right cogs are getting oiled.

Enjoy Valeries 50th and your time in Capri. By coincidence, I spent around three years in Capri from 17-20. It wasn’t all that tbh, but the 2.8i i had towards the end was far better than the 3.0mkII i started with. :)

So is it retirement (congrats) or a Moz thing of earn out, fuck off start again? (Still congrats)

Good on you and Al for selling up Jez. And I’m sure that all the folk that PaceWard look after will continue to be looked after very well, especially whilst you and Al remain with the company. It’s a shame that a ham fisted communication got sent out without you being aware but when acquisitions happen by larger groups, such things can and do happen whilst there is a transition to ensure all the right cogs are getting oiled.

Enjoy Valeries 50th and your time in Capri. By coincidence, I spent around three years in Capri from 17-20. It wasn’t all that tbh, but the 2.8i i had towards the end was far better than the 3.0mkII i started with. :)
Hi Nick

Al wasn’t a shareholder in the true sense it was his Dad i was in business with.

I bought some shares off the family a few years ago to take my holding to 70%

As I said above with the continued growth we needed more people - I’m not going anywhere for a while as I really enjoy what I do despite Insurers really trying to P people off still blaming Covid 4 years on!

Obviously all the HR and other business owner non productive BS has been taken off me - that was a condition of my staying.

They have also rolled me out to host meetings with Insurers and the directors of JLR to try and resolve the issues security wise. Enjoyed that as my suggestions have been adopted by both JLR and insurers.

Jez

What I want to know Jez is” am I still going to get my bottle of Bolinger from you at Christmas now you’ve merged ? “ 😉

Good luck to you Jez, you’ve worked really hard for many years and I wish you all the best going forward.

Congratulations on the merger Jez. And to the anniversary.

Back