Smart development from Porsche for classic owners

estoril

Stutt9art VIP
Cars owned: Mostly German...
http://www.porsche.com/uk/accessori...03_eml&utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email

Nice way to keep the retro look without having to have a modern head unit or separate satnav..

normal.jpg

Not DAB capable though - even through extra modules?

I didn't spec DAB in my RS and I don't use it in my cars I own already.... Is DAB still that desirable, is it a must have?

I quite like that. Good on them for doing this too however, I'm surprised its not DAB though.

Just as well, if it were DAB capable, Doomster would have cornered the market, retrofitting it to loads of old 911s!

I didn't spec DAB in my RS and I don't use it in my cars I own already.... Is DAB still that desirable, is it a must have?

It's not a 'must have' but I listen to Talksport a lot and if I didn't have DAB, I'd be listening on AM frequency and shitter than shit reception and sound. So in that instance it suits and works extremely well.
I was alluding to the fact here, that the product was developed and no though about making it DAB compatible too. Even if you had to spend another £100 on the module IF you wanted it... at least you had a choice.

DAB is a must have IMO Henry. Non-digital compatible radio broadcasts will surely be a thing of the past soon enough.

FM rumoured for switch off in 2018..

DAB is a must have IMO Henry. Non-digital compatible radio broadcasts will surely be a thing of the past soon enough.

DAB won't last long either though. Digital radio broadcasts will very quickly be replaced with things like Spotify over 3/4G (BMW already offer this). That is the future - listen to exactly what you want, when you want to (and the ability to stream all your personal audio from the cloud).

Back