Tesla S

Rangerover10

about to be banned
Cars owned: Pedal car, electric car, diesel car
Got a test drive on Sunday, apart from 0 -60 in 4 seconds what else is there to know?

Is this the future of mass population vehicle transportation ?

Anyone driven one, what's the build quality like, range ( quoted 300 mls ) charging facilities etc......?

Funnily enough I was behind one of these near Tring yesterday, it was a black one on Dutch plates.

He was really flying!

Looked great from the rear side (didn't see the front) with big rims on it etc.

I think they're great, I love the interior space, two boots and the ipad style controls. Good range too. When they introduce their new models (SUV and smaller car) they'll be a force to reckon with.

Only downside from reviews is that the damping is not well setup for UK roads (underdamped).

They got from Dover to Paris in one on a charge in Autocar, think they look very cool, remind me of the mazza ghibli a bit ?

I drove Christian Von Koenigsegg's one earlier this year and it was a bizarre experience... Couldn't believe how fast it was to be honest, stupidly so! I'd certainly buy one if I lived in or just outside London (and had money). The range issue (if you're doing long journeys) doesn't bother me to be honest, if you need to do a really long journey infrequently hire a car for the occasion

Funnily enough I was behind one of these near Tring yesterday, it was a black one on Dutch plates.

He was really flying!

Looked great from the rear side (didn't see the front) with big rims on it etc.

You sure that wasn't a fisker ?

Looks like a Jag...

So you have a crash with another high-output high storage leccy car ... and you survive the crash only to be electrocuted as you get out and ground yourself with opposing charges from the pair of them.

In a crash any Gaussian barrier has the potential to break or split.

Or your crash involves a conventional car and it catches fire (thanks to your electrical potential), they spray the damned thing with foam, but foam conducts electricity and you die that way. The bloody things dump all there in-line charge in a crash... inferno time folks.

Just call me Mr Cheerful, but I think electric cars are for the disabled... sooner or later.

"Don't have nightmares"...
:)

"Don't have nightmares"...
:)

So much safer to drive a car full of a volatile combustible fuel, it's not as if they ever catch fire after crashes is it.....?

Or should we only drive diesels?

i went out in one in California last week. Performance is excellent and the tech level is something else. The centre console is just one large screen that lets you control pretty much every aspect of the car. Telsa are always sending updates over a 3g signal improving the car. It's almost like the car is completely setup and controlled by software. I really admire what they have done.

So much safer to drive a car full of a volatile combustible fuel, it's not as if they ever catch fire after crashes is it.....?

Or should we only drive diesels?

I can walk around with a stick of dynamite tucked down my pants (regular comment from my girlfriends:) but setting that aside) and it won't do anything to me, what I need to do is provide a spark or means of ignition.

It is the coming together of two intrinsically safe items that when combined create a greater risk of something going wrong that I'm alluding to.

Check out the dashboard of the Tesla S

Pretty cool I reckon

Attachments

• Tesla1.jpg
    Tesla1.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 92
Check out the dashboard of the Tesla S

Pretty cool I reckon

Yes it's like a massive iPad. Is it not a little distracting in the road ?

It's the future that's all I can say.

Once the products become more mainstream, and prices drop like LCD tvs have over the past 3 yrs, these things will be awesome.
The drive is superb, build quality of a Chrysler, it can only get better.
I think it was Guy who said the suspension isn't set up for uk roads, have to agree. However I haven driven the air suspension one ( it's an extra )I guess that's the one to get.

77k for a half decent speck, a bit pricy me thinks.
The next model the x, looks the dogs with proper gull wing doors, also got the higher driving position.
By the time it's launched they should have the uk network of fast free chargers in place by then.

Certainly one for the future.

I think the BMW i8 is awesome...probably better built than this yank tank, although not as practical

Back