The Yorkshire Motorsport Festival 2021 - 25th-27th June

max veloce

Having fun with horsepower
Cars owned: Just my cars
Now here's a bit of good news for some of the Northern folk here on S9s or those that don't mind a bit of travel, an actual car event that looks likely to be going ahead this year, TFFT!!!

“The Most Spectacular Day Out in The North”

For motorsport fans, vehicle enthusiasts, families, music lovers and foodies alike, the Yorkshire Motorsports Festival provides an unforgettable 3-day entertainment extravaganza.

With the first ever closed-road Hillclimb event to be held in the North of England; vintage stock, rally and supercar displays; a truck, tractor and plant machinery show; fun fair; fashion shows; live music; Yorkshire-made shopping village; over 40 Yorkshire-based artisan food and drink vendors, and much much more, this Festival is truly one-of-a-kind.

https://ymsf.net

Set within West Yorkshire’s scenic countryside, we are proud to be Britain’s greenest motorsport Festival; recycling a minimum of 90% of waste generated, using electric park and ride buses, and offsetting the event's carbon emissions through local environmental projects.

Our action-packed line up is constantly growing. There’s already more to see and experience than you could do in one day.

Don’t miss out on 2021’s biggest event in the North. Book your early January!

Promo video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TsbKPtEvesA&t=6s

View attachment YMSF_Festival_Plan_hi_Result_f4e1cb6fbc.jpg

Last edited:
I can’t wait to actually get out doing stuff again Max, but I am struggling making plans for anything as I just don’t think these things will actually happen. So much stuff just never happened in the last year (7 holidays / breaks of mine just evaporated ), Until I actually see things really happening I just dont want to plan anything

Looks a good day out.

I can’t wait to actually get out doing stuff again Max, but I am struggling making plans for anything as I just don’t think these things will actually happen. So much stuff just never happened in the last year (7 holidays / breaks of mine just evaporated ), Until I actually see things really happening I just dont want to plan anything

Got to be in it to win it. I've got dozens of things booked this year. Have cancelled dozens of events over the past 12 months but attended dozens of others. Swings and roundabout. If you don't have plans then its all last minute when we are allowed out, if you can book at all as things sell out so fast now.

Have got 2x enduro days, 3x track days, a trials day, 8 days in a farmhouse in the Dale's, and 3x SCD drives booked or pencilled in for the next month alone.

Looks a good day out.

Got to be in it to win it. I've got dozens of things booked this year. Have cancelled dozens of events over the past 12 months but attended dozens of others. Swings and roundabout. If you don't have plans then its all last minute when we are allowed out, if you can book at all as things sell out so fast now.

Have got 2x enduro days, 3x track days, a trials day, 8 days in a farmhouse in the Dale's, and 3x SCD drives booked or pencilled in for the next month alone.

Now that’s good going!!

Now that’s good going!!

Aye, determined to have a great year. Enduro yesterday, Donny today. Being on the bike yesterday killed me, I ache so badly. Only way to deal with that is to ride more so I've booked in again for Saturday. Croft first on Friday.

20210329_113551.jpg

20210330_103623.jpg

Aye, determined to have a great year. Enduro yesterday, Donny today. Being on the bike yesterday killed me, I ache so badly. Only way to deal with that is to ride more so I've booked in again for Saturday. Croft first on Friday.

View attachment 40456

View attachment 40457

Good job! In my younger days I used to race motocross. Even back then after racing on a Sunday I didnt stop aching until Wednesday!

I still ache from my motocross days, had lots of falls, wasn't any good at it really, did my ligaments in my knee, still bloody hurts when it's cold outside many years later.

For me cars are safer fun these days although I still have 3 KTM's and 2 old school Honda CR's that I play around on, but no more racing, those days are well behind me now.

Bikes are such hard work. You'd not think it unless you experienced them. I'm sure motorcars comes second after boxing as one of the the most exhausting sports. Enduro is a lot easier but still a killer when your old, fat and unfit!

My right shoulder is finally subsiding today, was playing up after Monday. Damaged both rotator cuffs from riding years ago, seems they're still fragile. Will see how I go but if they continue to complain significantly after riding then it might be time to hang up the off road boots. Takes way too long to heal shoulders and they're never right again. Would be a sad day.

Which CRs? I had an absolute shed of a YZ465 when I was 14 that we used as a field bike then a decent 89 and 90 CR500 a few years later. Keep looking at them for sale, really want one again.

Bikes are such hard work. You'd not think it unless you experienced them. I'm sure motorcars comes second after boxing as one of the the most exhausting sports. Enduro is a lot easier but still a killer when your old, fat and unfit!

My right shoulder is finally subsiding today, was playing up after Monday. Damaged both rotator cuffs from riding years ago, seems they're still fragile. Will see how I go but if they continue to complain significantly after riding then it might be time to hang up the off road boots. Takes way too long to heal shoulders and they're never right again. Would be a sad day.

Which CRs? I had an absolute shed of a YZ465 when I was 14 that we used as a field bike then a decent 89 and 90 CR500 a few years later. Keep looking at them for sale, really want one again.

You had a YZ465 as a field bike, holy shit they were aggressive fuckers those were!!

78 & 79 Red bullet and Red Rocket, see below.

My race bikes were RM250, KX400 and YZ250, all two stroke back then as you'll know.

Tried the later 4 stoke bikes, they were nice and torquey but dull as fuck, no power band to speak of, love blasting around in the fields from time to time on these red devils.

IMG_4675.JPG

IMG_4670.JPG

1978-honda-cr250r-elsinore-brochure-page-1.jpg

Last edited:
They're stunning.

I know exactly what you mean about the new 4Ts. I sold the 500s and a few years later wanted another. The 500s were long gone by then so I bought the next best thing, a CRF450R. First rode it and bang, straight into the limiter. Just like a diesel. No real greater bottom end than a 500 but what felt like half the rev range.

I did a few enduros on that. A 450 4 stroke kick only motocross bike with sod all flywheel. Not fun on the slow technical stuff, especially when it threw the teddies out at crawing through the knarley stuff and stopped dead. Kicking it back to life 2.5 hours into a 3 hour enduro was not fun!

Stick to 300 2 strokes these days. Best of all worlds.

FYI Just a wee update, these flyers are going around now.

IMG_8132.JPG

The show was good, spent a few hours there yesterday, had to do a flow-test before entering, not super busy but that worked well as we could see the attractions without long ques.

Met up with various peeps, even some from on here which was nice. Alpine and McLaren/Lambo have large stands, tractors/classics and plenty of metal old and new on show, lots of foody stands also, worth a visit if you're nearby.

Back