Time to relieve myself from the helm (not ON the helm)

Blow Dog

Godking
Cars owned: 1987 Alpina C2 2.7, 911 GTS
Most of you are aware now that I've passed on ownership of this place to someone who I'm positive is going to do a far better job than I have been able to do of recent times.

1st Feb 2004 - that was the date of the first thread on this site, pretty much exactly 11 years ago now. A lot has changed since then - mainly that my eldest girl is now 11 years old too. And that's been my focus of my past few years, with family and kids and my business. I have a start up company that is doing absolutely wonderfully at present and it's very important I dedicate my entire energy towards it (www.eventogy.com) as it needs me.

Steve is probably the best person I know who has already proven his ridiculously competent capacity to network and bring people together. He really is a social butterfly.

I've seen a few notes from good people asking me to hang around still and I can't tell you how much those comments brightened my day - I know I've faded into obsurity over the years but it will always be a pleasure to be in the proximity of those who helped give me so many years of fun and joy.

I put this forum together after I sold my Nissan R34 GTR (one car I wish I'd kept hold of)

Nur supporting Falken Ring 24 2003 by Blow Dog, on Flickr

When I bought a replacement, I simply did not fit onto the GTR Forums anymore, so I had to create something else:

192.jpg

Since then, I've been able to enjoy a vast array of absolutely magnificent cars but most importantly, enjoy it in the company of some wonderful people - the memories I've had have been incredible. From tussling with Baf at Silverstone,

Screen Shot 2015-02-20 at 15.20.22.jpg

To trying to match Moz's road bravado in our Gallardos:

Untitled by Blow Dog, on Flickr

To a magnificent life affirming trip to Monza:

h0719_00_5947 by Blow Dog, on Flickr

To the endless tussles with Glenn at a plethora of race tracks across the world:

Two Viper Green GT3RSs at Oulton Park by Blow Dog, on Flickr

And learning to play with the best cars I've ever enjoyed:

DSC_0133 by Blow Dog, on Flickr

Untitled by Blow Dog, on Flickr

hardcore by Blow Dog, on Flickr

My priority now is to my two girls who are giving me so much joy and pride in equal measure by being at one of the best schools in the country and that is a lifestyle commitment I've made which makes much of my previous pastimes a little impossible to enjoy with conviction.

Moz, Henry and Nick are probably the most well known of all of us here and I can honestly say it makes complete sense that these three mould the shape of this community to something I would not have been able to achieve with my committments.

So thanks to everyone. I will be around (no doubt coz Moz will end up nuking every single database entry on the forum by mistake).

Enjoy and salut.

Well said and best of luck with the business Cem. I hope you don't spend that £15m all at once! :)

Thanks for starting this forum.
Like your tread :(y):
Enjoy your girls they grow up all to fast!
Stay in touch with the place, please.

Lovely post Cem, thanks for everything. You ain't going anywhere either. Get that business rockin and rollin and you will be plonked back in an exotic ride in no time (it's in your blood), and you need somewhere to come talk about it. Catch you soon for that dinner I owe you too.

Thanks or your thread Cem and I reiterate from the three of us again, how much we appreciate you keeping the wolves from the door of this place in the darker years to enable this all to happen now. You are always welcome here so please do stick around. This site is not only about cars. It may have started that way but now it's more about friends, of which you are one of very many that I have personally made since first joining this forum many years ago now.

Your girls are and should be the most important thing to you and what you are doing is both selfless and the right thing. Forced to make a similar decision I would do exactly the same in a heart beat fro my boys. Your girls will be beyond school in the blink of an eye and you will be screaming around the many tracks, and hooning across the European roads once again if not before so don't be a stranger and pitch in when the mood takes you.

Regarding Moz nuking the site, I think it's both Henry and I that will likely be the culprits for that !

Regarding Moz nuking the site, I think it's both Henry and I that will likely be the culprits for that !

Ain't that the truth. Cem, I am the technical authority in here compared to those two knuckle draggers. We are doomed!!

Great post Cem! All the best, good luck with your business, hope to meet you some time and thanks for setting up the forum! I am really liking this place...

Cool Cem. Stick around and show your face a tad more, you are extremely welcome.

Ps that's me driving your white GT3 at Monza. Lol

Well done Cem and it's a good handover to good people. Plenty of good memories on here. Damn that R34 Nur was gorgeous......

Nice words Cem and some good memories of how it was. It's been quiet without you on here of late and of course your family must come first.

Give me a shout next time you are in the island. :)

Top bloke Cem, top bloke - hope to catch you soon matey :)

Best wishes
Pete

Big up all you dudes!!....just for even understanding all this internet-forum shit!

When's the next night out!!:8):

Last edited:
Well done for running this place Cem, enjoy your daughters, life's greatest gift.

Some great cars and memories. For the short time this site remains live before moz gets pissed and drops his kebab all over it and breaks it, I hope you stick around.

Some great cars and memories. For the short time this site remains live before moz gets pissed and drops his kebab all over it and breaks it, I hope you stick around.

:(rofl):

I get unfairly tarnished in this place

For the record I haven't been out at the weekend for three weekends now, stayed at home not touched a drop

I'm a bloody hermit these days, and I cannot remember the last time I had a kebab

You lot are horrible to me

Nice post Cem - enjoy the family and all that brings 😆
Remember me when you need that colonoscopy 😎
Looking forward to the new smileys here too steve 😵😴😖😐

I get unfairly tarnished in this place

For the record I haven't been out at the weekend for three weekends now, stayed at home not touched a drop

I'm a bloody hermit these days, and I cannot remember the last time I had a kebab

You lot are horrible to me

The key word in that is "remember"

Back