Virgin Trains.

KnickeRS

The spit of Danny DeVito
Staff member
Cars owned: Motorcar, Motorhome, Motorboat, Motorbike,
Virgin Trains - They're really quite good aren't they?

I have got into using these trains whenever I travel north if the stations work out for the destination. This has been made much easier since I moved to within walking distance of a station. I enjoy the speed, the comfort and the full english breakfasts !

With the cost of fuel these days it's easier to justify too.

Agreed.

Been using them for the last two years at approx twice a month.

Chester to Euston in 2 hours and the Milton Keynes service is good too.

Only restriction I have is my client won't pay for 1st class unless I book in advance enough to make it cheaper. Trouble is they are so disorganised I never can!

The key is not having to get the red-eye, then there are more options/seating. The red-eyes are very popular.

I was concerned when they 'lost' the contract. Glad they retained it.

Agreed.

Been using them for the last two years at approx twice a month.

Chester to Euston in 2 hours and the Milton Keynes service is good too.

Only restriction I have is my client won't pay for 1st class unless I book in advance enough to make it cheaper. Trouble is they are so disorganised I never can!

The key is not having to get the red-eye, then there are more options/seating. The red-eyes are very popular.

I was concerned when they 'lost' the contract. Glad they retained it.

Oh yes, the Red Eye, I used it once some years back travelling back from the NEC and it was rammed. I think thats called "Steerage" isn't it ?

I eat my words!

Just booked a First Class return Chester London in off peak tomorrow for £140 returning next Monday! Would cost much more than that in fuel, consumables, depreciation, congestion charge and parking.

Plus I get the time to work or relax with a beer! :D

I eat my words!

Just booked a First Class return Chester London in off peak tomorrow for £140 returning next Monday! Would cost much more than that in fuel, consumables, depreciation, congestion charge and parking.

Plus I get the time to work or relax with a beer! :D

On my way back south now. Coffee, panini, cookies etc. I've done Stoke on Trent and back, first class for 75 quid and ate a good meal each way included.

Can't odds that can you.

I can't fucking believe what I'm reading here.

Sad day this.

Really sad.

I am on the 0935 in the morning Moz...I'll flick the V's as I go past your office!!!!

I am on the 0935 in the morning Moz...I'll flick the V's as I go past your office!!!!

You will be about 200 metres from me as you flick the bird in Berkhamsted.

I will be sure to lob a brick back

Do you still have to be on medication to travel by trains these days?

I can't fucking believe what I'm reading here.

Sad day this.

Really sad.

Would now be the time to post the photos of you travelling in mong class on the train to London?

Would now be the time to post the photos of you travelling in mong class on the train to London?

I should say so Andrew.

Maybe we need to do a Moz homage and get so pissed in 1st we get thrown out, miss our stop, end up in Holyhead so get a cab to his gaff on Anglesey and pretend that was the plan all along! :D

aBJKijo.jpg

Just cos I can't handle my drink....bastards.

Youv'e had even effin practise!!!!

Incorrect actually. Just that my social attendances are always high profile.

On my way back south now. Coffee, panini, cookies etc. I've done Stoke on Trent and back, first class for 75 quid and ate a good meal each way included.

Can't odds that can you.

blimey that's cheap. costs that for 1st return to the smoke from MK

Back