2014 F1 cars....

Moz

Administrator
Staff member
Top Poster Of Month
Cars owned: Speciale, SV Roadster, LP640 Roadster, Yaris GR, 991.2 GT3RS, Taycan CT4S, Alfa 1.5 Ti. Citroen AMI!
They sound totally poo.

I can't be arsed researching it (as Mycroft will have the rights on all Google searching and data anyway), but are they much slower than last years cars around the circuit?

They look slower (not as much drama), but maybe this is the shit engine note removing some of the noise and excitement!

tbh to me they look a little like f3 cars and, as with any car with a turbo wedged in its exhaust, sound really muted and just a little bit crap

ftm they do look good and twitchy under acceleration though

I think they look a right handful & really quick, but sound like a load of lawnmowers :(
Thought we may get some flames & bangs on the overrun, but the fuel management is too precise for that, frankly bored at the min .

Sound ok (bit like Rally cars)

It is now possible to hear the tyres squeal on lock up
Over all my verdict is very good start to the season. (Bit of a shame for Ham)

Fastest lap last year 1:29.2

Fastest lap this year 1:32.4

I think the cars are hitting highers top speeds, but the cornering speeds are reduced.

Edit : Mycroft set fastest laps both times so comparison is valid.

They sound totally poo.

I can't be arsed researching it (as Mycroft will have the rights on all Google searching and data anyway), but are they much slower than last years cars around the circuit?

They look slower (not as much drama), but maybe this is the shit engine note removing some of the noise and excitement!

Are you trying to be mean to me?

As far as I know they are V6 turbos so very like the last Renault Alpines (Lighty will get that immediately, the rest of you are likely too thick to get the connection) I have heard in the media that the Renault drivetrain is prone to overheating or similar, not seen any times but I guess they will soon learn to use the torque and get faster lap times, but I don't know anything directly.

They are racing today or last night so will have a look-see later.

With huge amounts of torque I'd guess that actually there will be more dramatic driving than in recent years, but I am guessing.

Now, stop trash talking me mofo, I don't resort to google unless I need to check dates. (which I do without any shame at all)

You are just trying to make me cry, you are a nasty man and I think I'm going to do an 'Arthur Dent' and flounce off in a huff and go for another drive in the sunshine.

YA
BOO
SUCKS

Do sound shit...the noise is one of the best parts but this year it is lacking

They sound shit. I watched about half an hour this evening and then switched it off. Just don't sound right

They sound shit. I watched about half an hour this evening and then switched it off. Just don't sound right

Agreed, watched on 30x speed on Sky in case there was anything exciting - there wasn't..... they just sound wrong...

I watched the start and woke up about 10 minutes after it had finished.

I watched the start and woke up about 10 minutes after it had finished.

I really wish they would adopt a more prototype philosophy, with just very basic guidelines and anything goes outside of that.
F1 is supposed to be the pinnacle of what can be achieved on 4 wheels and yet it is the Le Mans series that is really pushing that boundary today.
I guess this is what happens when a team is dominantly successful like Ferrari was in the early 2000's with Michael.
I say regulate less and let human endeavour conquer.

I really wish they would adopt a more prototype philosophy, with just very basic guidelines and anything goes outside of that.
F1 is supposed to be the pinnacle of what can be achieved on 4 wheels and yet it is the Le Mans series that is really pushing that boundary today.
I guess this is what happens when a team is dominantly successful like Ferrari was in the early 2000's with Michael.
I say regulate less and let human endeavour conquer.

I get what you're saying but feel that will lead back to the biggest budget boys dominating anyway.

With a level-ish playing field there's more chances for everyone.

I'll be watching F1 either way.

I wish F1 would return the prototype concept where there is a basic guideline and outside of that anything goes.
F1 is supposed to be the pinnacle of what can be achieved on 4 wheels, sadly this is becoming less so. It seems the Le Mans series is picking up that mantle, look what Audi did with a diesel. Then with electricity.
It seems the success of one M Schumacher has potentially spoilt the party, with the governing body trying to establish a fairer play ground.
I think they should let human endeavour conquer, the smartest team will prevail. The sport will become more exciting

Oops, posted twice. Sorry guys.

Back