Audi Headlight shocker

redfive

Forum moaning cnut and organiser of shit events
Cars owned: some
My new RS6 (actually its 18 months old) has a foggy headlight which manifested itself in the heavy rain last week.

Off her in doors went to Audi today - "No problem Mrs Dunn, we will replace the headlight (list price about £2.5k) on Thursday this week : very sorry for the inconvenience - please have another coffee if you have time and we'll wash the car while you're here"

Contrast that with McLaren:

"Yes Mr Dunn your headlights are foggy...bear with us and we'll replace them under warranty in a year or so..."

a year later...

"I'm sorry Mr Dunn we won't deal with that under warranty, but we have fitted 2 bags of silica gel inside the headlights(of your £217k car) - that might help a bit"...now fuck off back to Lincolnshire. (you daft cunt!)

Not cheap stuff that silica gel you know.

Makes me laugh how you McLaren fanboys bang on through gritted teeth for so long about how fucking amazing McLaren is....then the cracks appear once you've lost your minds being fucked about. LOL

Holy crap - did Mcl really do that? That's fecking ridiculous

Not cheap stuff that silica gel you know.

Makes me laugh how you McLaren fanboys bang on through gritted teeth for so long about how fucking amazing McLaren is....then the cracks appear once you've lost your minds being fucked about. LOL

Mega Mega car but epically poor aftersales

yes. they also damaged my car at service and have only today (2 months later) finally intimated that they will do the right thing and put right the damage by replacing (rather than repairing) the damaged parts

Frarri just as shit, I'm suing them for misty headlights on 16M at the moment

Frarri just as shit, I'm suing them for misty headlights on 16M at the moment

wish i had the time (and resources)...I'd do Macca for Iris! as well...its shit - they know it and wont do fuck all about it!

I design unique things every day and have to (but would under any circumstances) stand-on every bit of my work and put right any/all fuck-ups!

My new RS6 (actually its 18 months old) has a foggy headlight which manifested itself in the heavy rain last week.

Off her in doors went to Audi today - "No problem Mrs Dunn, we will replace the headlight (list price about £2.5k) on Thursday this week : very sorry for the inconvenience - please have another coffee if you have time and we'll wash the car while you're here"

Contrast that with 80's TVR:

"Yes Mr Dunn your headlights are foggy...bear with us and we'll replace them under warranty in a year or so..."

a year later...

"I'm sorry Mr Dunn we won't deal with that under warranty, but we have fitted 2 bags of silica gel inside the headlights(of your £17k) - that might help a bit"...now fuck off back to Lincolnshire. (you daft northerncunt!)

Holy crap - did TVR Wokingreally do that? That's fecking ridiculous

Efa

Yep they are drilling the lights and putting in silica moisture bags which I presume they change every year.
It's the heat of the bulb and poor ventilation for getting rid of the misting and ultimately the moisture created.
They just gave me new headlights. They possibly do this with many different brands, Ferarris do this.
It's probably the only solution.

I was told the led matrix lights do mist up when off and it's damp air as they are vented apparently? As soon as they are on they clear.
Mine do a bit anyway but read that from forum experts! Should I call Audi and ask for new ones??

I was told the led matrix lights do mist up when off and it's damp air as they are vented apparently? As soon as they are on they clear.
Mine do a bit anyway but read that from forum experts! Should I call Audi and ask for new ones??

That's what they said today apparently (wife went I didn't) but they intend to replace the whole unit....will let you know the outcome. Also gonna mark the existing one so I can tell if they actually replace or just repair - I'm not bothered what they do as long as they solve the problem!

pic

Attachments

• IMG-20160125-WA0010.jpg
    IMG-20160125-WA0010.jpg
    124.2 KB · Views: 176
Last edited:
I went to a Valeo Tec meeting last week, & apparently condensation or misting is quite normal in modern lights & will clear when the light is on .
Hence no warranty you moaning fookers 😊

That's what they said today apparently (wife went I didn't) but they intend to replace the whole unit....will let you know the outcome. Also gonna mark the existing one so I can tell if they actually replace or just repair - I'm not bothered what they do as long as they solve the problem!

Steve,
Out of curiosity, is there any mention of this misting within the handbook ?

It's a big problem with lots of modern cars. I've shot 5 audis in the last few months and every single one has had steamed headlights. As did a Jag XE

If your referring to the 'local' dealer Dunny, I totally agree!

I knocked the towing eye cover loose when jet washing my car and it must of popped out when I was driving. Off down to Audi... "No problem, we'll replace that under warranty. Clearly we did not put it back in correctly." :(y):

Mine aren't misting that bad just a few inches I. The lower corners.
They are bloody good lights though. The way the dim individual parts rather than the whole light is fantastic. Not sure how much it dazzles others though but no one has flashes their lights yet!

Back