Audi Headlight shocker

I went to a Valeo Tec meeting last week, & apparently condensation or misting is quite normal in modern lights & will clear when the light is on .
Hence no warranty you moaning fookers 😊

In fairness, that is beyond misting.

But yes, you are right, lots of modern cars have a slight misting which dries when the light is on.

JLR policy is to to use an anti mist coating on all lamps. It costs ALOT. Reduces the misting most of the time to nothing but sometimes not completely.

Most other manufactures have stopped using it, to decrease costs.

Mine aren't misting that bad just a few inches I. The lower corners.
They are bloody good lights though. The way the dim individual parts rather than the whole light is fantastic. Not sure how much it dazzles others though but no one has flashes their lights yet!

Ditto here :)

All done!.. new headlight fitted under warranty.....so they must have though it was fucked

All done!.. new headlight fitted under warranty.....so they must have though it was fucked

Probably the Dunn family reputation for being so fecking moany has spread nation wide. I did see a picture of you on the wall at MTC saying " do not sell to this man or his family " ;) ;)

Seriously, if it ain't right they should fix it, good luck with your 12C soon. :)

Pmsl!!!...nearer the truth than you can imagine mate!

Probably the Dunn family reputation for being so fecking moany has spread nation wide. I did see a picture of you on the wall at MTC saying " do not sell to this man or his family " ;) ;)

Seriously, if it ain't right they should fix it, good luck with your 12C soon. :)

Seen that pic in Lambo Manc to!

My new RS6 (actually its 18 months old) has a foggy headlight which manifested itself in the heavy rain last week.

Off her in doors went to Audi today - "No problem Mrs Dunn, we will replace the headlight (list price about £2.5k) on Thursday this week : very sorry for the inconvenience - please have another coffee if you have time and we'll wash the car while you're here"

Contrast that with McLaren:

"Yes Mr Dunn your headlights are foggy...bear with us and we'll replace them under warranty in a year or so..."

a year later...

"I'm sorry Mr Dunn we won't deal with that under warranty, but we have fitted 2 bags of silica gel inside the headlights(of your £217k car) - that might help a bit"...now fuck off back to Lincolnshire. (you daft cunt!)

Hold on - that's an "official" Aston Martin fix for foggy headlights! I have had it done, twice - they even have a little space just behind the headlight for the silica bags I hear. Must be a "British" thing

JLR policy is to to use an anti mist coating on all lamps. It costs ALOT. Reduces the misting most of the time to nothing but sometimes not completely.

Most other manufactures have stopped using it, to decrease costs.

It's called washing-up liquid!

Seriously.....it lowers the surface tension of the water so droplets can't form and a clear film forms instead.

(Dental students used it when practicing before being let loose on patients, the washing up liquid stops the dental mirrors misting up )

Seriously.....it lowers the surface tension of the water so droplets can't form and a clear film forms instead.

(Dental students used it when practicing before being let loose on patients, the washing up liquid stops the dental mirrors misting up )

If only we could easily remove our Aston/McLaren headlights with a Phillips, 20 minutes effort, and apply a bit of Fairy eh..? Job done!

If only we could easily remove our Aston/McLaren headlights with a Phillips, 20 minutes effort, and apply a bit of Fairy eh..? Job done!

And a sachet if silica gel to be on the safe side!

I reckon we could charge £500 per headlight......and that's just for the "kit", fitting is extra!

Wash your mouth out with said washing up liquid theses are super cars so it has to be

image.jpeg

Wash your mouth out with said washing up liquid theses are super cars so it has to be

View attachment 12928

This stuff is amazing. I've used it on all my house windows - no longer need a window cleaner. And my shower door AND tiles. No longer need to viakal my shower! You can thank me later for this wisdom! ;-)

Back