Cheap motors

Hud

Stutt9art VIP
Cars owned: Bike
Sometimes dont understand how lease deals can stack up.

Some deals last week on new LR Defenders, short wheelbase for £129+vat a month with a £1600 depisit on a 2 yr deal.

How does that work? This was a genuine deal from the people i do my van fleet leases with, not a case of non existent stock

I got a BMW 420d M-Sport for one of our employees (with the right options) on a 2 year lease / 15k miles pa / Servicing and Tyres included for £305 a month (no deposit, just a £295 admin fee) the other day. Brand new car. I thought that was pretty decent too.

I got a BMW 420d M-Sport for one of our employees (with the right options) on a 2 year lease / 15k miles pa / Servicing and Tyres included for £305 a month (no deposit, just a £295 admin fee) the other day. Brand new car. I thought that was pretty decent too.

I didn't know you employed photocopier salesmen!

I didn't know you employed photocopier salesmen!

Yeah, we needed someone to take toner around all the offices. This car was perfect for that job.

Where from Moz? Local dealer?

Lease deals always seems to work out to cost less over 2 years than the depreciation of the car.

eg Moz's deal - will cost £7615 over 2 years. What do we seriously think that car, probs close to £40k new would be worth in 2 years? £25k? £30K? less?

I agree that it's hard to understand how they make it stack up, the only explanation I reckon, is that the large lease companies negotiate massive discounts from the manufacturers, so maybe the £40k car we buy in the showrooms, costs them £35k. Take out the £7615 spend and they have a car worth £27k ish which might be the trade value in 2 years.

Surely you will have paid a few month's rentals, so 2+24 or something like that.

Either way, that is a cracking deal.

Where from Moz? Local dealer?

Nope, I always use a car lease broker (there are loads) and get them to find a field full of pre-registered cars (usually BMW's or Mercs) that the manufacturer or dealer group has already registered to hit sales quota's or fudge their figures (they all do it). These are usually massively discounted for some reason (I presume some sort of factory support to get cars on the roads comes into this somewhere), therefore the lease deals are good.

Basically means my staff don't have much choice on the car they get, but if you are looking for cooking versions of 3/5/5 Series Bimmers or C/E Class Mercs there are good deals out there.

Saw the Defender deals - unusual because I can't see LR backing them given they can't make enough of them at the moment.

Majority of on tick deals don't work out better than buying - for every £150 Golf R there must be a hundred £400 GTDs.

Couldnt help myself, incoming. :D::D:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    159.1 KB · Views: 250
Cracking deal that Rob as long as it's the same model as in the picture. 8k miles per year not much though. Is this for local commuting only ?

Cracking deal that Rob as long as it's the same model as in the picture. 8k miles per year not much though. Is this for local commuting only ?

Nothing like the picture Nick, steel wheels, swb, commercial model.

SWB yes, 18" wheels are £1500 from ebay incl tyres.... Not the commercial model Chris.

Might get twisted wheels, grill and side bars

Using it for work on occasions, trailer towing for track car and occasional dogging :)

Its a Defender 90 XS with alloys, aircon etc

Last edited:
SWB yes, 18" wheels are £1500 from ebay incl tyres.... Not the commercial model Chris.

Might get twisted wheels, grill and side bars

Using it for work on occasions, trailer towing for track car and occasional dogging :)

Its a Defender 90 XS with alloys, aircon etc

If it's an XS I'm having one, can you pass on your contact at alpha please.

If it's an XS I'm having one, can you pass on your contact at alpha please.

No probs Chris, have passed your details on ... lady called Sam should be ringing you in a bit (She's a good mate and also have been a fleet client of hers for last 20 yrs)

Bloody hell that's cheap, only problem for me is I am not a business user :(
We have a 12 year old 90 CSW that we have had for years they are great to have around :) But shit to drive :)

Bloody hell that's cheap, only problem for me is I am not a business user :(
We have a 12 year old 90 CSW that we have had for years they are great to have around :) But shit to drive :)

She can do them on a personal Neil, not many left now 6 people i know having them from her allocation

Great deal just hit my desk for an E63 AMG saloon is anyone is interested;

Mercedes E63 AMG Auto Saloon

Designo Diamond White
Nappa Leather – Black

Panoramic Roof (std)
Comand On Line (std)
19” AMG Alloys (std)
Speed Limit Assist
Key Less Go Package

**Must be taxed & delivered by the 31st May 2015**

Contract Hire Business User

Car: E63 AMG Auto Sal
Profile: 9 + 23
Mileage: 10,000
Rental: £485 + VAT
Excess mileage charge: 9ppm + VAT
Maintenance: N/A

Let me know if you want it :(y):

nothing to see here ...deleted as in public area :(wasntme):

Last edited:
its all to do with VAT mostly and the fact the hire companies can buy way cheaper than we can

just doing a new deal on a replacement defender 110 utility with good spec - £310/month 2 years 10k miles a year

the offer here makes that look pricey ?

they are not always cheap deals though - quoted to compare buying a 991 turbo s vs buying and they wanted £1800pm for 2years and I reckon you can buy it for less ? £1450 for a i8 3 years again seemed a bit steep to me ?

Last edited:
Back