GermanWings Airbus A320 crashes.

KnickeRS

The spit of Danny DeVito
Staff member
Cars owned: Motorcar, Motorhome, Motorboat, Motorbike,
Sad news indeed. A "Germanwings" Airbus A320 has crashed this morning over the French Alps.

This I believe is to date, the worst disaster and in German commercial aviation history.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/32030778

My hopes are for some survivors being found however unlikely this is but my thoughts are with the families of those who have died.

Tragic. My thoughts are with all the families and friends of the passengers, cabin and cockpit crew and their colleagues at the airline.

Very sad. This is a route my wife's grandmother regularly takes, so a bit close to home.

Just got back from Vegas this afternoon. Got in to hear this news and was close to tears. I don't know anyone involved but my heart reaches out to the families of the school kids from Germany. The pain and suffering of losing your child will never go away - utterly tragic for everyone concerned.

Terrorism... has to be, nothing else makes sense.

Terrorism... has to be, nothing else makes sense.

Suicide/Murder certainly does.....Unfortunately.

A particularly shitty way to off yourself IMO.

cannot begin to imagine how those in the front rows felt, seeing the captain hack at the door with an axe......

in an A320, it wouldn't have taken long for the whole aircraft to be aware and it pains me to think of what all those people, especially the exchange students on their own, were feeling during those eight minutes of hell. In fact those eight minutes to some must have felt like eight bloody hours !

Apparently another Serotonin Inhibitor related maniacal suicide and mass murder.

Things people should know about psychosis.

If anyone close to you has either of the conditions below and is 'coming off' or is attempting to, or is not taking the prescribed doses at the correct times then the "80% will, 20%" won't rule applies to the following:-

1/. If your son/daughter is bi-polar and taking anti-depressant drugs, they will, at some point, try to kill you.

2/. If you or anyone you know is depressed and taking anti-depressant drugs, they will, at some point, try to kill themselves along with you and as many others around them at the time that they can.

That should be in every Doctors Surgery, pinned to the wall.

Edited... to include that written in red,

Last edited:
Apparently another Serotonin Inhibitor related maniacal suicide and mass murder.

Things people should know about psychosis.

The 80% will, 20% won't rule applies to the following:-

1/. If your son/daughter is bi-polar and taking anti-depressant drugs, they will, at some point, try to kill you.

2/. If you or anyone you know is depressed and taking anti-depressant drugs, they will, at some point, try to kill themselves along with you and as many others around them at the time that they can.

That should be in every Doctors Surgery, pinned to the wall.

Just how the F do you arrive at this....and what experience of mental health do you have,?

Last edited:
As soon as they swap or try to come off, the above is the result.

Once on SSRI's there is no coming away from them without consequences.

I will edit the above as I should have added the proviso in my first sentence here, so thank you, I had typed it but then re-wrote some of it and omitted it.

If you wouldn't mind can you edit your snap-shot too when you see my very important addition.

Cheers.

As soon as they swap or try to come off, the above is the result.

Once on SSRI's there is no coming away from them without consequences.

I will edit the above as I should have added the proviso in my first sentence here, so thank you, I had typed it but then re-wrote some of it and omitted it.

If you wouldn't mind can you edit your snap-shot too when you see my very important addition.

Cheers.

like with any medication there are, can be, maybe, consequences when coming off, My Wife was Dir of Public health for some time, whist no doubt there will be isolated cases, but not the way in which you put it.....
Post edited as requested

It is far more common than Medical Bodies want to admit and the Pharma Co's want to admit or publicise.

Serotonin Uptake and it's various means of inhibition is a far from fully understood process, it is not just chemical, it is Psychological and physical too, it even has an effect on the stomach's 'brain'. (the large group of cells at the junction where the appendix joins the lower gut)

Far more people die from this group of medications than die from all but the entire spectrum of Cancers.

It's insidious and growing.

In some ways a terrorist atrocity is easier to accept than the fact that this person was simply messed up by giving him drugs.

We as a society can then blame 'nutters' for it and not have to look at ourselves and our belief we understand the most complex device on this planet... our own brain.

From BBC website: "A German hospital confirmed he had been a patient recently but denied reports he had been treated for depression."

So it remains to be seen whether the depression tree is the wrong one to bark up, as the ISIS one was previously, Mycroft.

From BBC website: "A German hospital confirmed he had been a patient recently but denied reports he had been treated for depression."

So it remains to be seen whether the depression tree is the wrong one to bark up, as the ISIS one was previously, Mycroft.

Well, that would curb our options wouldn't it???

But there is madness in there...

It has been said that his medical was due up in a couple of months, so he may have feared losing his licence.

Whatever, it is indeed fair to say that a sane person wouldn't fly a plane full of people into a mountain.

It is far more common than Medical Bodies want to admit and the Pharma Co's want to admit or publicise.

Serotonin Uptake and it's various means of inhibition is a far from fully understood process, it is not just chemical, it is Psychological and physical too, it even has an effect on the stomach's 'brain'. (the large group of cells at the junction where the appendix joins the lower gut)

Far more people die from this group of medications than die from all but the entire spectrum of Cancers.

It's insidious and growing.

In some ways a terrorist atrocity is easier to accept than the fact that this person was simply messed up by giving him drugs.

We as a society can then blame 'nutters' for it and not have to look at ourselves and our belief we understand the most complex device on this planet... our own brain.

The good lady has hons deg in councilling, we were discussing this so showed her your post, she agreed 100 %, they are nasty but drug companies won't admit it, there are new drugs being launched but are more expensive , she thinks St. John's wort which was used years ago as a natural fix but has side effects may still be better than the drugs currently used, certainly for short term treatment. But guess that's free so the pharmaceutical industry will have loads of reasons why you shouldn't .

Like many she feels the reaction to what is a really sad event will have negative effects on so many who suffer from what society labels mental illness .

Lady J has a good mind and she is right on the money with regard to SJW. It does work, some discomfort but 'cures' rather than smothers.

There is no money in it.

In my opinion the real mental illness is the continued 'belief' by so many that modern Pharma has 'cures' for the mind, it does not.

When you start having a read on the internet following a tradgedy such as this, it makes you wonder just who is at the controls of each and every aircraft that takes off around the world everyday.

We all see enough car drivers who shouldn't be on the road with their rage and clear unbalanced persona's having been allowed to take charge of such a deadly weapon.

Clearly with the amount of aircraft in our skies these days and with that very role not being considered in the same way that it once was say, twenty years ago, it scares the fuck out of me for one as to just who is holding the stick up front!

Back