Incoming !!

Nudenut

Stutt9art VIP
Cars owned: Porsche GT4
New member intro....

Hi there, my name is Nigel and I currently reside in Hadliegh, Essex (preferred known for the Olympic MTB course, not Man Buns, Fake Tan and Stiletto's (that's more Brentwood))

Current car McLaren 650S Coupe in Tarocco Orange:

170505-PURE_Silverstone-1774.jpg

170505-PURE_Silverstone-2501.jpg

Previous was McLaren 12C Coupe in Volcano Red:

#6_002 1900.jpg

and before that my R8 V10 that I had Jason Heffner Twin Turbo for me:

10340511_10152218624774209_886819296_o.jpg

IMG_0536.JPG

and last of any note my wagon RS6 V10, MRC tuned:

228200_10150235690225579_609375578_8750953_2197102_n.jpg

Have a pasion for all things mechanical, am a Civil Engineer by trade working as a PM at London Underground and main hobby is running, MTB and model Heli's.
Love my track days Spa then Brands GP Fav tracks and a real big 'Ring fan (Ooooo er) with a 7:46BTG in TF best lap.

Am currently 1 week into recovery from a Toe Fusion Op (RH) that will keep me from driving for the foreseeable, hence much time on my hands, this Intro and now grabbing for a bottle or Red.

I know a few of the guys here, none of them will be sympathetic in any way to my current laid up state (that's you Claxton) but happy to be here, took a while !!

Welcome.. and I'd like to point out that you are wrong about Brentwood... except I can't as you are pretty spot on.

Welcome.. and I'd like to point out that you are wrong about Brentwood... except I can't as you are pretty spot on.

Hi Martin, sorry, knew I'd set myself up for that... was going to use Bas but wasn't brave enough :(rofl):

Evening Nigel!

Welcome and look forward to meeting you one day on track or a meet 👍

Nice current car too.

Drew

Ps when is your habiturory out after that great intro 😜

Hi Nigel, you getting better ?

Months away from work for a toe op, well played :(bow):

Come join our Zandvoort S9 days in Sep ?

Cheers Henrik

Welcome Nigel. I hope somebody is walking Trevor while you're laid up [emoji1]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No need to go on The McLaren Facebook page now, with you lot all over n here... nice cars and welcome ;-)

Evening Nigel!

Welcome and look forward to meeting you one day on track or a meet 👍

Nice current car too.

Drew

Ps when is your habiturory out after that great intro 😜

Thanks Drew, hopefully not too long.

Hi Nigel, you getting better ?

Months away from work for a toe op, well played :(bow):

Come join our Zandvoort S9 days in Sep ?

Cheers Henrik

Hi Big Man, Op last week so likely not driving till Sep.... Spa could be an option for sure !!

See you smashing out some sub 2:40s yesterday.... may have to find a second or two :8):

Welcome Nigel. I hope somebody is walking Trevor while you're laid up [emoji1]

Well, as it happens there's a story there.... new wheels had to be added to the fleet yesterday as I was going nuts....

Meet the Shoprider Cadiz in Volcano Red:

IMG_5534.JPG

Last edited:
Welcome properly from me too Nigel.

Niven cars and the VR 12C looks stunning in that hue. It's possibly my fovourite Mac colour actually as JBakes will be pleased to hear as he has the LT in it.

I hope you can make our Sept Zandvoort trip as there you'll find some fast peddlars (not me), at a truly great circuit too !

Welcome along, this place is becoming a MAC owners club 😬

Welcome Nigel

Welcome. Nice current and past fleet! I would be interested to know more about the RC helis you have? I've got a couple of Align Trex's that have been sat on a shelf a while. Damn hard things to fly!

Thanks Drew, hopefully not too long.

Hi Big Man, Op last week so likely not driving till Sep.... Spa could be an option for sure !!

See you smashing out some sub 2:40s yesterday.... may have to find a second or two :8):

Well, as it happens there's a story there.... new wheels had to be added to the fleet yesterday as I was going nuts....

Meet the Shoprider Cadiz in Volcano Red:

View attachment 21082

LOL! That VR gets everywhere

Welcome love tha Mac oranges ,great choice Brands GP way to go

Slight off topic Craig. I hope you and Lee have booked to do Brands with us on the eve of the 20th June ?

Slight off topic Craig. I hope you and Lee have booked to do Brands with us on the eve of the 20th June ?

Didn't know anything about it mate but now I do will deffo be there will talk to him tommorow I havnt had the Rollerskate since the beginning of March massively long story but to cut it short I won the battle and also helped Albert out with his car.

Second gear was almost unselectable and after just over two thousand miles the only way to find the gear was very aggresive hi reving heel and toe and that in traffic etc. just isn't an option.The wankers from Abarth technical tried to brush me off brining down there own Dog Ring boxed demo with 9000 miles saying its a characteristic I of course countered with have you not paused to think that maybe it's fucked the same and my own...

Anyway behind the scenes as it was clearly political and budget driven the option was around 12,000 Euros from memory. I found out who the manufacturers were and started emailing them directly they completely contradicted what the Abarth CEO was quoted as saying at the Geneve launch he said clutch less changes were possible they stated you must never change without the clutch so I came to the end of my tether and emailed all of the facts to every member of the main board in Italy and copied in the UK board.I also had a lot of help from Quiafe who are very local and the Italians hated this when I threatened to get them to rebuild it and modify the design flaws.

Twenty minutes after the mail went the head of UK,s PA rang me I was given a loan car having been offered nothing for eight weeks and the box was out and off to the manufacturers in Italy the following week.It has had a full rebuild and various mods the dealer found that the tiny copper race clutch had a spring completely missing so that's been renewed and Abarth have agreed to fit the full Sabelts race harnesses FOC as a gesture of goodwill.I love the car and just want to enjoy it so hope to see you all on the 20th now thanks for the Heds up mate.

Morning Nigel, thanks for registering and getting involved.

Stick around

nothing wrong with your foot....you were just hankering after an excuse to get a Volcano Red invalid machine.....stop posting pictures of it !!!

Back