Lambo owners club

SJF

Stutt9art VIP
Cars owned: Lambo Aventador Sv Landrover RR Motorhome Gypo stylee
Anyone a member and is it worth bothering. They seem to have a good social side.
Not one for owners clubs really but thought I'd ask.

Cheers

Steve

I tried it for a year and wasn't for me

It's the geeky end of Lambo Owners (think old school pre Audi stuff)

I have been to a few events with them and have helped them with content for their quarterly newsletter on and off for the last few years. They are a good bunch, lots of interesting stories and happy to welcome new owners. Word of warning though, some of the members are very Lambo centric, i.e. nothing else compares (especially Ferrari) - which I find a bit blinkered at times.

Like Moz says quite a few old school Lambo owners (think Jalpa, Countach, Urraco, Diablo etc) but also a number of Gallardo, Murci owners plus a bit of the more modern. Die hard members that show up regularly tend to be in the older stuff though (in my experience), with exception of the Silverstone Classic club stand which attracts the whole lot.

Absolutely not, tried it for a year, met a couple of nice people but the majority are a bit odd, to be fair it was a long time ago though, the membership may have changed, but somehow doubt it!

Looks like I'll give it a miss then! What caught my eye was a trip down to France they are organising in June. Quite fancied it, £1100 a couple for hotels meals etc over a long weekend.
I've been invited on the ones by the dealers to Italy but to be honest I haven't the time and don't fancy putting 3kmiles on in a week. Not to mention the cost!

All sounds like the Ferrari club.
I stuck that for about 3 years and then one day thought wtf, this is all nonsense. Made worse by the fact that the club is run by non Ferrari owners who were the biggest Ferrari bores of all !

All sounds like the Ferrari club.
I stuck that for about 3 years and then one day thought wtf, this is all nonsense. Made worse by the fact that the club is run by non Ferrari owners who were the biggest Ferrari bores of all !

Yea did the FOC myself, all a bit pompous. Went too a couple of regional meets but half wouldn't turn up in their cars if rain was forecast in the next three weeks!

Looks like I'll give it a miss then! What caught my eye was a trip down to France they are organising in June. Quite fancied it, £1100 a couple for hotels meals etc over a long weekend.
I've been invited on the ones by the dealers to Italy but to be honest I haven't the time and don't fancy putting 3kmiles on in a week. Not to mention the cost!

I have been a member for the seven years or so I have had the 6.0. It is cheap enough, and the comments are right, the owners mainly run the older stuff (nothing wrong with that in my view). It goes though ups and downs as it is run exclusively by volunteers. Last year not much happened as one the main organizers resigned to move over to Lotus, but this year looks better with the Chateaux run. I am taking the 6.0 on it, leaving a day before to spend an extra day in France.

Yea did the FOC myself, all a bit pompous. Went too a couple of regional meets but half wouldn't turn up in their cars if rain was forecast in the next three weeks!

I don't think anyone would consider LCUK to be pompous. Odd maybe (a bit like the cars), but not pompous.

I don't think anyone would consider LCUK to be pompous. Odd maybe (a bit like the cars), but not pompous.

They certainly can be in the FOC. There's very much a "holier than thou" mentality running through the club with as many non-owning members as members themselves and these non-owners are the very worst. They are hangers on but hanging on for what I just couldn't work out.

Bizarre, it was like ground hog day as each month people met and had the very same conversation as they had had, the month before. The events were very similar too and one day I just snapped out of it and thought no fecking way do I want to make this my mainstream social time as many did.

I don't mean to offend any on here who are happily members of this or similar clubs, it all just IMO of course.

Had similar experiences with NL FOC, probably more than 1/2 never owned one nor could ever afford one. Odd listening to how Ferrari this and that are far superior to anything similar when never driven them any of them. Majority of the group looking like sponsored by Ferrari or just walked out a Ferrari merchandise shop. Really odd people. In fairness POC no different to FOC. Only been a few times with each of them, maybe just unlucky, but can't muster energy to give it another go.

I joined the club as they did insurance valuations FOC for members.

Went to the Countach owner's lunch a couple of years ago. Seeing a dozen Countachs on the motorway together was worth it on its own.
An eclectic mix of owners, but pretty much all ok.

Having said that, I met one strange guy. He was called Andrew D, and had come along without his car, because there was rain forecast...

Had similar experiences with NL FOC, probably more than 1/2 never owned one nor could ever afford one. Odd listening to how Ferrari this and that are far superior to anything similar when never driven them any of them. Majority of the group looking like sponsored by Ferrari or just walked out a Ferrari merchandise shop. Really odd people. In fairness POC no different to FOC. Only been a few times with each of them, maybe just unlucky, but can't muster energy to give it another go.

I joined POC many years ago when I had my 928. One meet, and was completely shunned by them all as I didn't have a 911. Never again.

They certainly can be in the FOC. There's very much a "holier than thou" mentality running through the club with as many non-owning members as members themselves and these non-owners are the very worst. They are hangers on but hanging on for what I just couldn't work out.

Bizarre, it was like ground hog day as each month people met and had the very same conversation as they had had, the month before. The events were very similar too and one day I just snapped out of it and thought no fecking way do I want to make this my mainstream social time as many did.

I don't mean to offend any on here who are happily members of this or similar clubs, it all just IMO of course.

Hate to say it, but this resonates. I've been an FOC member for >15yrs, still am, but just can't muster the enthusiasm for it any more. I have tried to do the visits stuff, but the last one to the Rolls Royce Enthusiasts club in Paulerspury killed it for me. Nicola and I both took a day off and went there, in the the pissing rain, to 'enjoy' a tour round the place. Which largely consists of fucking filing cabinets. I'm not joking. What's more, it was so popular they ran it twice. And some people actually went twice! Fuck me pink. And the less said about the Christmas Party and Gala dinners the better.

I've come to the conclusion that owners clubs are mainly for retired people. Another reason why I'll never retire.

I joined POC many years ago when I had my 928. One meet, and was completely shunned by them all as I didn't have a 911. Never again.

LOL... Imagine showing up in a 944, no doubt been asked to leave the premises. Probably gang led by twats that never even owned a Porsche.

Hate to say it, but this resonates. I've been an FOC member for >15yrs, still am, but just can't muster the enthusiasm for it any more. I have tried to do the visits stuff, but the last one to the Rolls Royce Enthusiasts club in Paulerspury killed it for me. Nicola and I both took a day off and went there, in the the pissing rain, to 'enjoy' a tour round the place. Which largely consists of fucking filing cabinets. I'm not joking. What's more, it was so popular they ran it twice. And some people actually went twice! Fuck me pink. And the less said about the Christmas Party and Gala dinners the better.

I've come to the conclusion that owners clubs are mainly for retired people. Another reason why I'll never retire.

I was concerned about my post in case I offended you Kevin however, I am pleased that you are the chap I thought you are.

I did meet a few good eggs through the FOC though, you being one of course but we were both clearly in the twilight zone there and yes, most of the member are/were, waiting for God !!!

I've done some stuff with the LCUK. I supported them for a few years with my race truck at the Silverstone Classic. They run an annual BBQ and party at the event each year...
I have to say I was taken back by how pleasant and warm the main guys are. There are a few 'older' ladies and gentlemen at the helm and I have to say, they are the best of the bunch. They are just a friendly group of like minded people. They were really kind, accommodating and generous with T shirts etc with my little kids. Which I thought was a really nice touch.
Sometimes these events can come across as a bit VIP only without them meaning to. For example, they had my race cars on the stand and they had them roped off, but it was purely to look after the cars that belonged to other people, ie just being careful with peoples stuff.
I would recommend talking to either Lynne Bull (Great name) or Simon. Happy to introduce anyone to them ;-)

Back