Maccan Turbo PP : Thoughts?

Henry, Ive briefly test driven the 'standard' Turbo and liked it enough to trust that the PP will deliver the goods...

Small world Rich - we've been talking about this you and I on the Mclaren owner's fb page! (Tony Rodriguez)

I love my GTS so much I'm intrigued to step up to a turbo PP. So, for me must have options were :-

Alcantara trim
Pan roof
Illuminated carbon door sills (look mega)
Bose at least - Burmester isn't needed.
LED lights
Air Suspension
Sports Exhaust
Carbon interior package
Rooflining grab rails in Alcantara
Steering Wheel in Alcantara
Heated steering wheel
Park Assist with surround

Do not get the Power Steering Plus. I can't see the need for ceramics although I would of course want them :D Likewise PTV Plus - it would be cool but just not well spent money.

Towbar a useful add-on but (can easily be retrofitted)

Hi Tony! Thats a good spec and very similar to my draft spec that I went for just to get my order in their system. Having been completely spoilt by McLaren's superb range of colour options I was a bit dissappointed by the lack of colour choices on the Macan. They're a bit dull IMO. I'll probably go for black or wait for a special colour when available ;-)

I've just ordered a PP for the Mrs and specced it very similar to yours above. May/June build. Had a turbo for 12 months and its great! Hopefully won't lose much when it goes back. The current one has the electric tow hook that folds out of sight, very cool. The Mrs says its a great tow car for her nags too, much better than any of the LR products she's had before.

GT3, you did very well getting May/June!

What is the lead time from order?

Rosco, given by the answers so far if you were to order one next week you would likely get it between June and September depending which dealer you used :)

I like the idea of one of these, but i just cant get over the extra options list of stuff that is standard on every other brand on a high end model i got to 15k without going crazy

ccb and stuff like that is fair enough as its a special thing but keyless entry and park assist and stuff like that really should be standard

WTDoom, Is the Burmester really that good?

I've got Burmester in the 911 and Bose in the Panamera and they're much of a much. Having said that the Panamera is a much quieter car than the 911 so maybe that's accounting for some of the lack of quality differentiation.

On a side note how have you found OPC Leeds?

Makes a massive difference Like for like . Try a cayenne with Bose and with burmester and you will never go back

I've got Burmester in the 911 and Bose in the Panamera and they're much of a much. Having said that the Panamera is a much quieter car than the 911 so maybe that's accounting for some of the lack of quality differentiation.

Incomparable really , the panamera has better acoustic variables and is more refined as well as having more physical space . Listen to a cayenne with Bose and burmester am deathly the difference is massive . Especially with higher quality recordings

The sound quality of the Burmester has a lot to do with the car its in. In the 918 its the best sound I have ever heard, to reproduce the acoustic ranges would cost 30kEu in home system. In a 911 its not so good as the 918, just no room to put all the woofers in the rear etc. In the Cayenne its about on par with a 918, due to the boot space allowing the speakers etc. Sorry don't know about the Macan, but I would ask if its on par with the Cayenne, I would go with it.

Rosco, given by the answers so far if you were to order one next week you would likely get it between June and September depending which dealer you used :)

Thanks Rich. I shall speak to my local and see what they say. Wouldn't want to take delivery until next year anyway. Will be a nice car between our SVR and my 911 for my wife. We had a turbo for a month or so when they first came out and she loved the way it drove. They just do not have the road presence of the RR. Specced one up the other night to £82k.

Ive got Bose in the Macan and it is great. Burmeister probably overkill in that car but I can see how it would be needed in teh Cayenne

Bren, I have mixed feelings about JCT - Not bad enough to stop me doing the Macan with them

Last edited:
Thanks Rich. I shall speak to my local and see what they say. Wouldn't want to take delivery until next year anyway. Will be a nice car between our SVR and my 911 for my wife. We had a turbo for a month or so when they first came out and she loved the way it drove. They just do not have the road presence of the RR. Specced one up the other night to £82k.

Yep. my draft spec is about that too

Blade, Ive got long enough to wait so will try both back to back in Macan if I can make it happen

Bren, I have mixed feelings about JCT - Not bad enough to stop me doing the Macan with them, but I've learned to be careful... Probably enough said until we can talk live.

I would only ever deal with James Simpson from JCT.

I feel the burmeister is wasted in the confines of the 911, my new incoming has Bose, in a larger car I wouldn't have the Bose.

Back