Mclaren tuning site now live

Well done John, I think you are onto a winner with this.... all the best 👍🏽

So you are now the ECG agent in the UK.Guess this saves all the hassle of importing and duty risk that I did when there was no agent
Gook luck with this
Actually,i have to give oldDD the credit as he did all the Donkey work

So you are now the ECG agent in the UK.Guess this saves all the hassle of importing and duty risk that I did when there was no agent
Gook luck with this

Yeah, their stuff really is that good. We can get all the other marques as well so if there is demand I will widen it out for all their CF, I'm dead impressed with it tbh.

Well done J, what's your thoughts on Hk and far east.....?

tbh its where I'd like to market and sell but have zero experience of the region in that regard so am outside of my comfort zone. I'd certainly like to promote and move that direction.

Will you be offering brake upgrades and/or suspension adjustments for different wheel geometry (adding spacers/shims for more camber etc) as well?

Will you be offering brake upgrades and/or suspension adjustments for different wheel geometry (adding spacers/shims for more camber etc) as well?

Yep, there are two brake pad upgrades available (I'm testing a third at the moment) and mine is running 10mm spacers as well. As for shims and set up, I have a more track focussed set up all done but not tested in anger yet, some of the yank settings I've looked at are nigh on lethal so I'm being cautious. One thing this car really does demonstrate is the age old issue of car tuning - just because it can be changed does not mean it should, so many people fall into the trap of reading something 'should' be done and then kidding themselves its made the car better when in fact its made it worse, the 12c (the 650 less so, Mcl softened it too much IMO) is a classic case in point.

Yep, there are two brake pad upgrades available (I'm testing a third at the moment) and mine is running 10mm spacers as well. As for shims and set up, I have a more track focussed set up all done but not tested in anger yet, some of the yank settings I've looked at are nigh on lethal so I'm being cautious. One thing this car really does demonstrate is the age old issue of car tuning - just because it can be changed does not mean it should, so many people fall into the trap of reading something 'should' be done and then kidding themselves its made the car better when in fact its made it worse, the 12c (the 650 less so, Mcl softened it too much IMO) is a classic case in point.

Agreed yes but I'm not looking for anything crazy (I think/hope).

Am running pagids on my car already (trying Endless mx72s shortly) but am looking around for something for the rotors (slightly thicker slotted rotors mainly) and some form of cooling ducts given the only existing ones for the 12c are fitted to the larger ceramic calipesr. If you would fit spacers I would potentially be interested as I'm looking to fit cups next year as well as a 245 front and cups never seem to mind more camber as it's maxed out at -1.45 ish currently on the factory setup.

Good luck with this new venture John. It's quite weird that no one has beat you to this for the Mclaren I'd say. Have you had discussions or received any feedback as to whether the "factory" are for or against the aftermarket developing for their cars ? I see this as a good thing, but I'm curious to know what they think.

Good luck from me too, lets hope you can secure a good client base to build from.

Good luck with this new venture John. It's quite weird that no one has beat you to this for the Mclaren I'd say. Have you had discussions or received any feedback as to whether the "factory" are for or against the aftermarket developing for their cars ? I see this as a good thing, but I'm curious to know what they think.

There's a few tuners in US doing McLarens.

Problem here is that whilst they are still in warranty very few people would want to modify them, or go outside the official network for work. Same happens with most supercars.

tbh its where I'd like to market and sell but have zero experience of the region in that regard so am outside of my comfort zone. I'd certainly like to promote and move that direction.

Hi J
Will give you a call this afternoon, we already supply OEM Porsche parts to China...Just Spoke to Mac HK also.

On a plane heading to California at the moment, will be about in 12 hours or so. Ta for help though.

RS29 pads were bloody awesome although i doubt you'll be able to solve the issue of too much rear braking, they may have solved it with the later models but the 12c had too much when pushed to the limit.

Funnily enough I am having the fronts lock too much with RSL1s (higher friction I think than 29s) at the moment and if anything I'd want to move the bias a touch rearwards while I thought on the factory pads the rear braking was too much.

Funnily enough I am having the fronts lock too much with RSL1s (higher friction I think than 29s) at the moment and if anything I'd want to move the bias a touch rearwards while I thought on the factory pads the rear braking was too much.

you put the same pad in rears?

Back