New member XRS

that's the best colour 991 gt3 Richard and 4 litre . fantastic

Yes. I'd initially chased the grail for the Mexico blue car until I saw it in the flesh at which point, I just didn't think it looked right. The voodoo however couldn't be more right for this car.

It is indeed....

Very nice. :(y): Seen one a few months ago in central london (not sure if it's the same car) and thought voodoo was much better than mexico/rivieira for the pts blues.

Ditto this , it truly suits the car and I wouldn't hesitate having my next Porsche sprayed this colour.
4.0litres are awesome, another car I should of had but didn't due to circumstances at the time.

Very nice. :(y): Seen one a few months ago in central london (not sure if it's the same car) and thought voodoo was much better than mexico/rivieira for the pts blues.

Quite possibly the same one. I don't know of any others. It was originally supplied by Hatfield and I picked it up when the original owner decided they'd scratched the itch. It's a keeper for me and the only thing I think I would trade it for would be a 991 RS but I'm not paying silly money for one.

Welcome Richard :)

Thanks for the kind welcome everyone.

The M3 is uhmmm, OK but I just came from nearly 3 years in an F10 M5 as a daily so that's a tough act to follow. The M5 was epic in every way but I just didn't fancy another one, so thought I'd give the 3 a go. It's a good car and feels a lot smaller and lighter than the F10 but doesn't have that feeling of invincibility you get with the M5. Anyone that's driven an F10 will know what I'm on about! M3 is plenty fast enough and great in the dry but feels a bit twitchy in the wet and the sound is a bit "take it or leave it". I'll give it a year and see how it goes. It's a good car by any standard but I don't love it like I did the M5, even though it's obviously lighter and more nimble and in some ways a bit more "M". You actually also feel like a bit of a hooligan in the M3 which you never really did in the M5, it was a bit too below the radar. So, pluses and minuses for the M3 but nothing to really complain about!

Anyhow, here's my other two 911s just to complete the set.

I had a very brief test drive in the wet and thought the same. Bet they catch a few people out. I dont need anything until later in the year so im keeping my order in for an M2 for now and ill decide later. Ill see what offers there are on M3 once I have to confirm M2 spec and Ill decide then.

Lovely GT3's. Drove a 4.0 at PEC. Sad to think ill probably never own one. My 3.6 felt flat after. :=:)

I'm trying to bond with it, I really am. I even washed it today and it looks great when it's clean. (For the first time since I picked it up in October):(blush):

It's actually fine for 70 miles a day round the M25 and it's a better car in many ways than the e90 but I don't think it will ever receive the kind of appreciation everyone has for the F10 M5.

Yes the 4.0RS is fab and in the right hands (not mine!) it's a seriously quick car on the track. Still, all the GT3s are great and I have a real soft spot for the 996 as it's such a "basic" drive compared with the modern stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm trying to bond with it, I really am. I even washed it today and it looks great when it's clean. (For the first time since I picked it up in October):(blush):

It's actually fine for 70 miles a day round the M25 and it's a better car in many ways than the e90 but I don't think it will ever receive the kind of appreciation everyone has for the F10 M5.

An I nteresting read this Richard. You were really looking forward to getting this car and I wasn't aware that you were anything other than smitten with it. But then when I think about it now, you've not actually mentioned anything about it since you've taken delivery.

Yes Nick, to be honest it's a great car by most standards but it's only when IanP asked about it that I actually gave it some thought. Everything's relative and I'll probably just get used to it but the M5 is a hard act to follow. I only passed on a second one as I fancied a change. I thought about the new C63 briefly as that seems like a great car but I really don't like the looks.

Yes Nick, to be honest it's a great car by most standards but it's only when IanP asked about it that I actually gave it some thought. Everything's relative and I'll probably just get used to it but the M5 is a hard act to follow. I only passed on a second one as I fancied a change. I thought about the new C63 briefly as that seems like a great car but I really don't like the looks.

When you've had such a cracking tool for the daily grind it's difficult to accept a lessor product. Can you see yourself stepping back into an M5 at some point sooner rather than later ?

I'll probably just stick and wait for the next M5 which I guess is a couple of years away. I'd have a 991 as a daily if I could get away with it at work!

I'll probably just stick and wait for the next M5 which I guess is a couple of years away. I'd have a 991 as a daily if I could get away with it at work!

Yep, that can cause issue and usually does !

Back