Nine Excellence (9e) - Surface Transforms

Nineexcellence

Stutt9art VIP
Cars owned: Multiple Porsches
Just a quick note that we are now a main dealer for their products and as such will be offering a discount to s9ers. More information will follow but this will be for all Car manufacturers that they offer ST for, so not just Porsche. As an aside we have a new shop coming in the next few weeks which will cover parts such as Akarapovic, Kline, Girodiscs and so for Porsche and others.

ST is already OEM for some manufacturers including Koenigsegg, Singer, Aston etc.

In the meantime if you are thinking about ST then give me a shout. We will be having some introductory offers as well of course.

I am sure most of you have heard of ST but if not then worth checking out https://surfacetransforms.com/

Nick on here with his Senna is already running ST on the car with great results and certainly for McLaren there seems to be a lot of benefit in pricing and longevity of pads compared to stock.

Whilst some others have jumped on the ST offerings, we had held back because the infrastructure within ST themselves was not sufficiently in place. No point in offering products if you cannot get them in timely fashion etc. We had them visit us from their Liverpool base recently and they definitely have sorted out infrastructure etc.

As to the product, the biggest benefit is that you can refurb these up to 3 times (potentially more) and they will do approx. 5000 track miles each time. Pads are normal pagid situation so you don't have to paid crazy pads prices. Refurbing takes one week, and costs approx. £2k for the full set to be refurbed. These also run considerably cooler to OEM and pad usage is considerably less. They offer better performance from cold compared to OEM.

It is also possible to go from steels to these as well, so not just a replacement from OEM CC Brakes. Lifespan is 10x the OEM.

Their website is being updated at the moment. Ours is already up to date with Porsche but they also have other Porsche solutions not on theirs that covers 996 range.

Ken

Attachments

• 3-1.jpg
    3-1.jpg
    243.8 KB · Views: 528
  • 1+-+Porsche+997+GT3+Full+Kit+wo+pads.jpg
    1+-+Porsche+997+GT3+Full+Kit+wo+pads.jpg
    470.5 KB · Views: 492
  • STB-125.jpg
    STB-125.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 526
Congrats that is good news. It is a well engineered product and much more robust than PCCBs.

I was under the impression that they can be refurbed some 5 times - one would have to do a LOT of mileage to get through that and probably as good as lifetime.

As you say a number of pad options with the Pagid RSC1 and RS29 most often quoted. RSC1 for all round use and RS29 for more track use.
Though one supplier seemed to be advising against RS29 even for track (not sure I agree though). I've got RSC1 at the moment but would like to try RS29 next.

Interesting that they are available for 996s too...hmm

Congrats that is good news. It is a well engineered product and much more robust than PCCBs.

I was under the impression that they can be refurbed some 5 times - one would have to do a LOT of mileage to get through that and probably as good as lifetime.

As you say a number of pad options with the Pagid RSC1 and RS29 most often quoted. RSC1 for all round use and RS29 for more track use.
Though one supplier seemed to be advising against RS29 even for track (not sure I agree though). I've got RSC1 at the moment but would like to try RS29 next.

Interesting that they are available for 996s too...hmm
having spoken to them in great detail, they tell me that 3 times is fine - after that it is on a case by case basis. I have seen the 5 quoted, but on the inside of the company I am hearing 3 for definite.

Yes they have them available for 996 as well but products not on the website. Same for McLaren - they have them all for all models, but not yet published.

BTW, I asked the question whether they could refurb OEM - the answer is no. Only their design of the CB allows for their product to be refurbed.

BTW, I asked the question whether they could refurb OEM - the answer is no. Only their design of the CB allows for their product to be refurbed.

That was going to be my next question to you.
Oh well....that's a shame.
I guess it would undermine their own offering.

That was going to be my next question to you.
Oh well....that's a shame.
I guess it would undermine their own offering.
It is the way the OEM disc is made compared to the ST one that stops them from doing it. It was one of the first questions I asked them, especially with how risky and poor Rebrake as a company is.

Will the 380mm 997 size ST rotor fit the carrera gt? Front and rears are 380x34 iirc.

Would you be able to quote supply only for 991.1 RS please ? Ta

Can you quote for a replacement set of ST for a Ferrari 599 as well ?

You may all recall I have had these on my 675 LT for over 2 years now, done 20 odd track days with them, had them refurbished once and good to run again. They are much better than the OEM equipment, by a huge margin, fitted with endless pads they last .... well ... forever almost.

I have had them fitted on my Senna already.

Can highly recommend.

Last edited:
Ken - would it be possible for them to make discs for my Exige? The lifespan of my discs is pretty awful with track miles due to cracking so ceramic discs would be a great upgrade, assuming they’d work okay with PF or similar pads still?

Ken - would it be possible for them to make discs for my Exige? The lifespan of my discs is pretty awful with track miles due to cracking so ceramic discs would be a great upgrade, assuming they’d work okay with PF or similar pads still?
so there is a process available when they don’t have a disc - they need the disc for 2 days to scan - then they take approx 2 weeks to produce - we are discussing this process as it is very similar to other companies like Kline they don’t have that car.

There has to be a market of course but if there is a market then donor would get a good deal helping out.

Ill let you know

ken

so there is a process available when they don’t have a disc - they need the disc for 2 days to scan - then they take approx 2 weeks to produce - we are discussing this process as it is very similar to other companies like Kline they don’t have that car.

There has to be a market of course but if there is a market then donor would get a good deal helping out.

Ill let you know

ken

Please do, I can get new discs sent to them if needed.

Can you provide a list of cars you (they) can already supply for along with an idea of initial cost? I’d be potentially interested in some for my scud and perf...

I am working closely with Tim who is the head of ST for the UK. Their website was updated a few days ago but still has makes and models that they have missing.

So during the next week there will be three things
1. List of current makes and models with pricing
2. List of work in progress of discs that they are making - for example I know they have the entire Mclaren range but it is not on their website and this includes the p1 and they are close to having pad solution for p1 other than oem.
3. Process and timeframe for makes and models not currently supplied - as I understand this at the moment if there is demand, then if a donor set of discs is provided for 2 days, then they can produce the final product within 30 days.

Will keep you all updated but this is a moving project so please bear with me for answers. This is what I was alluding to in my post about them having the infrastructure in place - the issue has not been making the discs - they have a UK plant in Liverpool which is great, they just not had someone like Tim who can manage UK - he is very keen to get this up and running in weeks in terms of having a proper process in place and I am in conversation each day with him.

P1 would be great. Pads are £8k and disks about £60k from memory

P1 would be great. Pads are £8k and disks about £60k from memory

No brainer to go to ST for that and keep the originals in a box for resale time.

How and why they are so much I can’t fathom. Akibono seem to make brakes mostly for trains and planes I think

Back