silverstone classic2014

Dagdamor

Stutt9art VIP
Cars owned: 1977 Porsche 911, VW golf gttdi 130, Rovercoupe track car, Chevy RV
Hi all, just like to let you know that I will be at the Silverstone classic all weekend with Team DODD Motorsport running the Honda and Nissan super tourers.
We will be set up behind the new pits in our awning.
Please come buy and say hello.
Rik

Going to miss this event :(

Have a good one Rik :)

Hi all, just like to let you know that I will be at the Silverstone classic all weekend with Team DODD Motorsport running the Honda and Nissan super tourers.
We will be set up behind the new pits in our awning.
Please come buy and say hello.
Rik

I'm up there all three days with the GTROC, my cars on display on their stand. I'll try and drop in and say Hi sometime.

If I can blag a freebie then I will be there like a rat up a drainpipe !

great weekend!!
My driver James Dodd won the first SuperTourer race from pole on Saturday and backed it up with a very strong second place on Sunday fighting hard with World Touring car champion Rob Huff. Graeme in the Nissan had some big fights finishing Sixth in both races.
Now looking forward to the last rounds at Oulton Park Gold Cup over the August bank holiday weekend.

great weekend!!
My driver James Dodd won the first SuperTourer race from pole on Saturday and backed it up with a very strong second place on Sunday fighting hard with World Touring car champion Rob Huff. Graeme in the Nissan had some big fights finishing Sixth in both races.
Now looking forward to the last rounds at Oulton Park Gold Cup over the August bank holiday weekend.
sounds great Rik - bet you were well chuffed :)

sounds great Rik - bet you were well chuffed :)
Yes mate over the moon. Curiously I was very very nervous just before the first race, then it got delayed by 30 minutes and I was a right mess!!!.
Second race was all ok.
We are now winning the championship with just two races remaining (oulton park)

Yes mate over the moon. Curiously I was very very nervous just before the first race, then it got delayed by 30 minutes and I was a right mess!!!.
Second race was all ok.
LOL know that feeling :)

Good luck at Oulton

Second race was all ok.

Great achievement Rik, these old girls are temperamental and highly strung, its no mean feat to get them to the end of a race, let alone to finish at the sharp end.
My favourite saloon cars :)

Great achievement Rik, these old girls are temperamental and highly strung, its no mean feat to get them to the end of a race, let alone to finish at the sharp end.
My favourite saloon cars :)
totally agree. I did not expect to find this level of engineering in these cars. I watched them 'in period' thinking they were just highly tuned saloon cars. This is far from the case.
The problem that all the competitors have in this class is trying to complete multiple races with something that was designed to be used once and then rebuilt.

totally agree. I did not expect to find this level of engineering in these cars. I watched them 'in period' thinking they were just highly tuned saloon cars. This is far from the case.
The problem that all the competitors have in this class is trying to complete multiple races with something that was designed to be used once and then rebuilt.

I did a lot of research into running an E36 Supertourer as a replacement for my Group N endurance car, I love the cars and the engineering, but it rapidly became apparent that even doing all the work myself and having contacts with CNC machining facilities etc, that the running costs and sheer amount of hours required to keep one fettled were beyond me, given that I already have a job and need to sleep occasionally.:p:

As Rik said, these cars were built with a performance at any cost brief and a team of guys to strip and rebuild them after each weekend.

Another car that I looked at very closely was a BTCC DC5 Integra, as a step up from my DC2,again doing the work not a problem, but as a rule of thumb I was told for every day on track, there was a week in the workshop required.

I think the sweet spot for these sort of cars was the E30 M3 Group A...great cars, seriously cool, well engineered, but ( relatively) easy to run.

Last edited:
Back