Speedtail down!

Ouch, I hope they had trackday cover on the speedtail?
These cars are so expensive.

That P1 looks terrible, I wonder what it hit.

Looks like a significant off, imagine crashing that :(

No wing mirrors makes all cars look odd to me

Whist the above cars may look bad, as long as the Tubs are not damaged they will repair back to as new. They are designed to Just " Scrunch" up at the front in the event of a accident.

MSO are gonna make it all better again.

The owners might want to sit down when the final invoice lands!

No way that speed rail doesn’t have some structural damage
The front looks Donald ducked

All Macs have 2 front subframes one either side of the the Tub, these bolt directly on to the Tub. In the event of a front impact these are designed to crumble to keep the impact away from the passenger cell. Everything in front on these sub frames, rads, ac units, wings, etc is also designed to crumble. Every single damaged part will be replaced and either glue or bolt back on, just like parts from an Airfix model. Works driver Tim Mullen put his 650 GT3 into the wall at SPA at 135, he walked away. Despite massive impact and damage, as the TUB was not damaged car was easily rebuilt. Have seen lots of what looks like very badly damaged Macs including P1s being repaired at local body shop, over the years.F00316FE-0FA0-4F96-A5DF-D3784EA779B7.jpeg

Last edited:
I have more experience of carbon tub crashes than most and the repair of them at all levels .
135 mph into a wall may not have smashed the tub ( I bet it did ) but I can guarantee you at the very least it needed filling with that polymer they use in places and a full and thorough x ray , do not underestimate that cost especially from mso.
It will be eye watering and that’s without body panels that are made in such limited numbers .

That Speedtail is fucked either way you look at it

We've replaced half a dozen front and rear sub frames over the years, only one had any tub damage and we x rayed it and repaired it.

We've replaced half a dozen front and rear sub frames over the years, only one had any tub damage and we x rayed it and repaired it.

Was this at the point were it attaches on to the Sub Frames, I have seen these mounting point areas replaced? I don't see as to why they will not supply new Tubs, its not like they are very expensive like conventional CF Tubs, ie on the 918 its takes just over 5 days to make one Tub, on all Macs, its CF weave over layered with Injected resin takes 4hrs from start to finish and costs 12K USD on 12C and 650s. Mac used to have a chap that used to go round and examine all badly damaged cars for Tub damage.

Was this at the point were it attaches on to the Sub Frames, I have seen these mounting point areas replaced? I don't see as to why they will not supply new Tubs, its not like they are very expensive like conventional CF Tubs, ie on the 918 its takes just over 5 days to make one Tub, on all Macs, its CF weave over layered with Injected resin takes 4hrs from start to finish and costs 12K USD on 12C and 650s. Mac used to have a chap that used to go round and examine all badly damaged cars for Tub damage.

Yeah. Was a cost issue for the owner, new tub was £18k plus 60 hours labour to do the work. repair was £4k including xray charges

Every time we have seen one and it was insured its been written off

Yeah. Was a cost issue for the owner, new tub was £18k plus 60 hours labour to do the work. repair was £4k including xray charges
4K that’s cheap as fuck
A proper x ray takes hours . I’ve sat through one with the Germans . Bloody well done
Every time we have seen one and it was insured its been written off

Exactly this

Back