Weekend Fun Car

For me, the car needs a purpose, otherwise it just becomes a glorified trinket.

I am really looking for a track focussed car.

The 650s spider was a great car, but just too costly to track.

All roads seem to point to Porsche, sub £200k.

So it boils down to 991 RS or 997.2 RS.

I am leaning towards the latter - last of the mezger, manual and limited numbers.....

I am leaning towards the latter - last of the mezger, manual and limited numbers.....
Of the above I'd get a 997.1 RS , dump the pasm and away you go . Less going on than the .2, cheaper and arguable more fun

Of the above I'd get a 997.1 RS , dump the pasm and away you go . Less going on than the .2, cheaper and arguable more fun

That one wasn't mentioned though.

That changes things a lot. 997.2 RS would be where my money would go, for the reasons you mention above.

991 GT3, my fav porsche of the moment. Will do everything you asked of it without shouting it out.

Or you could go entirely left field and have one of these...(Sorry Nick couldn't resist blinging it up a bit. This car is anything but subtle really so I figured might as well put my stamp on it and make it even louder....!)20170220_145526_resized(2).jpgviper ap.jpg

Or you could go entirely left field and have one of these...(Sorry Nick couldn't resist blinging it up a bit. This car is anything but subtle really so I figured might as well put my stamp on it and make it even louder....!)View attachment 19628View attachment 19629

Lovely. I had one just like it Alex !

Btw, I have found a few other elements which you might like to have too, plus the Window Sticker from when it was in the US.

991 GT3, my fav porsche of the moment. Will do everything you asked of it without shouting it out.

Ah but if tracked a great deal, would you want to own one long term Kam? I know I would be worried about that with their engine history regardless of whether it has been changed or not.

Possibly the best looking car of the GT3 lineage though, that is IMO of course.

Lovely. I had one just like it Alex !

Btw, I have found a few other elements which you might like to have too, plus the Window Sticker from when it was in the US.

Yes you did have something vaguely like this Nick ; ) . Hey its a fun car and might as well have some fun with it right? I can't do this sort of personalisation with my F40, 959 or other Porsches and cars, so why not do it with the Viper- a car that is so un-pretentious? I actually enjoyed doing all the vinyl myself too-first time! First track test March 6th Silverstone. Are you in?
Btw love to have the window sticker and anything else you may have on it. The car was also crying for a bit of CF love too so had to indulge it !engine.jpgvent.jpg

I think for the best bang for your buck in terms of fun and capability imo a 997.1 GT3 is hard to beat. I really don't feel it is that much inferior to a .2 and with some mild modifications and upgrades you can make it perform 90% of a 997.2 RS but for about 50% of the money.....

Best fun weekend car I have ever tried. Great size for uk roads

IMG_3875.JPG

Back