918, P1, Lafa, How Fast, Part 2

Apolo1

Cars owned: Few Porsches, and others
Sure you all saw the vid of the P1,Lafa,918 going round Silverstone.

Today we filmed the how fast part of the story. Paul asked me to stand in for the 918, as his own car is other wise engaged....

We arrived at V-max and marked a point exactly one mile down the runway. The cars wwere fitted we Data logging equip and Go-Pros.
We then did 5 runs form 0 down to the one mile point.

We then moved down to the home of drag racing. Santa Pod.....

Whilst I do not have the times from the V-max, one car was visibly faster than the other 2 down to the one mile marker. Over all 5 runs.

At Santa Pod, again one car was faster than the other two...

I expect the times and Video to be out some time next week.

Thanks Steve, amazing day

Well I could guess,but I already know and have signed a moral gagging order :D:

Well I could guess,but I already know and have signed a moral gagging order :D:

I also know, but I'm telling any fucker cause your not worthy.

918 would have much better traction off the line I would think that advantage would be hard for the other two to make up later?

I know because David has told me in confidence and I was making a joke of it, so not sure what you are inferring ,care to explain so I understand

918 would have much better traction off the line I would think that advantage would be hard for the other two to make up later?

that's about it, lot of respect for Lafa after today......

You're a bit grumpy for a Friday night, have you dropped a pound coin between your floor boards Yorkshireman ;)

You're a bit grumpy for a Friday night, have you dropped a pound coin between your floor boards Yorkshireman ;)

Yorkshire men are not that bad Henry ,I should know .... Unless of course he is only a Yorkshire man by defaut.... It's a well know fact that it's Scotsmen that are the tightest and that copper wire was invented by two of them fighting over a penny ! ALthough i dropped a penny and as I bent over to pick it up it hit me on the back of my head !!

Last edited:
Yorkshire men are not that bad Henry ,I should know .... Unless of course he is only a Yorkshire man by defaut.... It's a well know fact that it's Scotsmen that are the tightest and that copper wire was invented by two of them fighting over a penny ! ALthough i dropped a penny and as I bent over to pick it up it hit me on the back of my head !!

Lol. :)

I bet the P1 annihilated the other 2.

How about fastest ever time for a standard road going production car over 1/4? at Santa

Is your Sierra 2.3 Derv estate that fast no you have vacuumed the dog hair out?...... Wow! 😎😎

So did the ferrari win the 1/4 mile then? ;)

that's about it, lot of respect for Lafa after today......

I love the laf but the battery conditioning is just ridiculous once you are used to the 918

So did the ferrari win the 1/4 mile then? ;)

after today, I have a lot of respect for the Lafa, but did not like the surface at Santa....The EUC could not cope, ended up doing manual shifts...wheel spun, and kicked back end in every gear, brick wall 5ft to the left...Held a bit back, did not keep planted all the way down....

I love the laf but the battery conditioning is just ridiculous once you are used to the 918

leave that aside, still very very fast, not a lot init, but at this level its all very close..
918, is very special though.....

Back