Add Blue. Porsche D Engines

Apolo1

Cars owned: Few Porsches, and others
About to lock in spec for Cayenne 4.2D, Dec Del...

I hear it now comes with Add Blue. Ie. every 3-5k miles you have to add 25ltrs of the stuff in a tank under the boot, along with you get 2 warnings on the dash about 200 miles apart, if you don't add the Blue, then engine shuts down.

Sounds like a lot of agg to me, does the RR 4.4D engine need this.....Ken?

Yes, to pass Euro 6 virtually every diesel needs it - 3-5k sounds a bit pessimistic though.

VW V8 diesel was supposedly going to be discontinued for being too difficult to get through Euro 6, clearly they had a change of heart.

Our trucks have been using it since 2007. Horrible stuff and can be temperamental.

Blimey that sounds like a real pain. Can you buy the stuff at the pump or do you have to go and buy a barrel of the stuff and tip it in?

My current FFRR does not need this - it's a 6 month old 4.4 V8 diesel. When does euro 6 come into force?

Blimey that sounds like a real pain. Can you buy the stuff at the pump or do you have to go and buy a barrel of the stuff and tip it in?

My current FFRR does not need this - it's a 6 month old 4.4 V8 diesel. When does euro 6 come into force?

Think you can get it, but its 25 ltrs, and very corrosive stuff......sounds like a lot of agg.....Think I will keep the one I have.....Only changing cos I want a Red en...

You can buy it everywhere in all sorts of sizes, trucks have been using it for a while (some places have pumps for it). Everything new post-Septmber 2015 has to comply.

Euro 6 compliance started 1st September 2015.
I believe all model year 2016 cars, unless already compliant will need the additional tank-RR sport is in engine bay I believe.
I understand that the 4.4 V8 diesel is gradually being phased out in favour of the Hybrid version.

It is another poison locker... the rules on emissions are set by arseholes, not Scientists.

10+ years ago on the MLR or GTR site I was going on about the huge con surrounding Diesel and the poisons being chucked out by them that were being ignored by the 'mentalists...

This stuff is worse, much much worse as it's a combinant formula, it will take up all sorts of stuff and make it poisonous when later absorbed/consumed.

Many of the combinant permytations will pass an adults blood/brain barrier... it's insane.

It's one-third urea in water.
The resultant ammonia is now realised to be a serious issue to lung disease progression.

Trust me, this is another disaster in waiting.

So much so that already there are moves to cut down emissions of ammonia to counter-act the effects... it's a fucking mess once more.

We have Add Blue on the Sharan. It's not an issue really. Full tank every 10k. Bottle comes with special nozzle and tank has built in funnel. Easy peezy as you'd expect really. The warning come up fast though so I now just top up early, when I think of it really. I certainly wouldn't let it put me off having a car I want.

Suspect that the intended effect of SCR (and the only reason it exists) - the reduction of NOx - will have a net benefit on lung disease. Increase in nano-particle emissions are perhaps a different matter.

Ultimately, breathing IC exhaust fumes of any variety is rarely going to be a positive move.

I was told today that RR 4.4 is changing to ad blue. Just about to order another so will find out any day.

We have Add Blue on the Sharan. It's not an issue really. Full tank every 10k. Bottle comes with special nozzle and tank has built in funnel. Easy peezy as you'd expect really. The warning come up fast though so I now just top up early, when I think of it really. I certainly wouldn't let it put me off having a car I want.

This.

I was told today that RR 4.4 is changing to ad blue. Just about to order another so will find out any day.

As above, everything but the smallest diesels need SCR to comply with Euro 6.

Turbo s for me , fuck that poison shit , Devils urine , slippery , boot fouling , asthma causing , stinking black ichor from Arallus deepest fucking pit

we have been using it in commercial's for years now

its fine really and especially if you can do 5k miles between fills, we are doing it daily then it can be a PITA !

fact of life for emisions - you will be able to get it removed by a remap if you really don't like it, many truck and tractor operators do, its cheap stuff though so not sure its worth bothering

Back