Add Blue. Porsche D Engines

we have been using it in commercial's for years now

its fine really and especially if you can do 5k miles between fills, we are doing it daily then it can be a PITA !

fact of life for emisions - you will be able to get it removed by a remap if you really don't like it, many truck and tractor operators do, its cheap stuff though so not sure its worth bothering
OPCs charge 75.00 Plus Vat per Top up.....

OPCs charge 75.00 Plus Vat per Top up.....

The mechanics just pee into it ..
They need to find a technician tall enough to reach,but "thin" enough to be able to pop it I to the blue hole

Surely you just get the version of the VW software which stops the Add Blue?

It's fucking awful - had them on half my fleet and am never buying again if the car has it. Caused major aggro - the cars will NOT turn on if they run out of the crap and it's fucking messy to put in VW Sharan's as it's in the side of the boot and the shit goes everywhere.

Sounds like a lot of agg to me, does the RR 4.4D engine need this.....Ken?

I've not heard any chat about it going on the RR.

I'm getting a new one (2016 my) next week, I will report back

All 2016-on diesel Land Rovers have SCR.

Edit - Defender excepted, 'cos they're all classed as commercials.

Last edited:
The devil's urine, I have accused these people of smelling of elderberries for years now...

Interesting. Seems like another pointless EU legislation.

Thanks K
Going to test drive a new RRS V8D later today...

It's fucking awful - had them on half my fleet and am never buying again if the car has it. Caused major aggro - the cars will NOT turn on if they run out of the crap and it's fucking messy to put in VW Sharan's as it's in the side of the boot and the shit goes everywhere.

this what I hear its a lot of Agg...and on the 4.2D, the fill times are not to far between. Can just see this, stuck in middle of nowhere in winter,....

i don't think filling it up is the issue. It's being caught out when it runs out and the engine stops that's the issue. I think on the BMW you get a warning when there's 400 miles left and then again at 200 miles. If you do long journeys it's something you need to watch out for. With that said, i understand adblue is now sold at most petrol stations. I just wouldn't want my wife having to do it (its fecking horrible corrosive stuff and i know if she did it it would be a mess) if the warning came up on one of her many tips up north which are over 400 miles.

Biggest 1st world problem thread on S9 right here

Biggest 1st world problem thread on S9 right here

Lol, well I am not having RRS, V8d, just been out in One, the 4.2D Cayenne owns it in all areas, apart from Looks...
Just Speked up a Red en, with Blk and Red trim...Dec Del..

Lol, well I am not having RRS, V8d, just been out in One, the 4.2D Cayenne owns it in all areas, apart from Looks...

My old man a die hard RR fan, I can't stand them, worst build quality on any car I have seen. I am wearing rose tinted glasses for Porsche for life!

LOL

Thats the same interior as mine - did you spec Air & PTV? if not add them both

LOL

Thats the same interior as mine - did you spec Air & PTV? if not add them both

Have Air, but no PTV have had 3 x 4.2ds this will be 4th, had PTV on last one, did feel the need for it on Dog, Airport car...

Back