Bille in 918 sets Lap Record on Sprint Course

Fair play & well done beating an R500 around a little circuit like that!

Thanks Paul,
The 918 is big lump to pull round there, the torque out of the low speed twisty bits was insane. Some of the entry points are blind, you approach at over 100mph, at one point is about 1.1/2 cars lengths wide, get the braking wrong and you are off....

While you are on, not sure if you are aware one point I forgot to mention on the way your 991 GT3 box works, next time you go out on track keep it manual mode, do about 3 laps and find your optimum gear change points. Then put it in Auto, the box will recall your change points round the track, leaving you to focus on apex and braking.....

The GT3, RS, and 918 does this not the TTS though but it is on the Facelift

Thanks Paul,
The 918 is big lump to pull round there, the torque out of the low speed twisty bits was insane. Some of the entry points are blind, you approach at over 100mph, at one point is about 1.1/2 cars lengths wide, get the braking wrong and you are off....

While you are on, not sure if you are aware one point I forgot to mention on the way your 991 GT3 box works, next time you go out on track keep it manual mode, do about 3 laps and find your optimum gear change points. Then put it in Auto, the box will recall your change points round the track, leaving you to focus on apex and braking.....

The GT3, RS, and 918 does this not the TTS though but it is on the Facelift

Thanks mate, very interesting but I need the interaction, I could not imagine driving it in auto. At least with the paddles it's close to a cup car, just no clutch when pulling away!

Yes, very small track for 918 so a good achievement there, she's in one piece & you set the record so job done!

Yes, very small track for 918 so a good achievement there, she's in one piece & you set the record so job done!

Yes, I have now joined an elite group, with Marc Lieb....we both hold lap records for Circuits in a 918

Yes, I have now joined an elite group, with Marc Lieb....we both hold lap records for Circuits in a 918

I'm thinking Sam is likely to be a member of that set too. At the Holland Park Raceway and possibly the The Circuit de Sloane Square :)

I'm thinking Sam is likely to be a member of that set too. At the Holland Park Raceway and possibly the The Circuit de Sloane Square :)
:(rofl):

lol.....I am only jesting....very lucky lap, there are 8 corners and you have to hook every one up, one is a blind 45d, right hander in the 918 you approach it at about 110, its about 1-1/2 car lengths wide, brake to soon as you loose the speed, to late and you over shoot, lap over.....managed to hook up about 6/7 corners perfect......I actually used rally an RS1600 when I was in my 20s, this helped a lot yesterday.....

The next one is on 29.10. I think I may be able to get about 5-7 on it, if any one would like to come let me know over the next few weeks.......

image.jpg

I would love to come along if you are going again. Are there any noise issues there? (this would decide which car) I want to go as I was thinking about hiring it for half if not a whole day to take employees there, my company is only in Solihull.

lol.....I am only jesting....very lucky lap, there are 8 corners and you have to hook every one up, one is a blind 45d, right hander in the 918 you approach it at about 110, its about 1-1/2 car lengths wide, brake to soon as you loose the speed, to late and you over shoot, lap over.....managed to hook up about 6/7 corners perfect......I actually used rally an RS1600 when I was in my 20s, this helped a lot yesterday.....

The next one is on 29.10. I think I may be able to get about 5-7 on it, if any one would like to come let me know over the next few weeks.......

I did have an interest in acquiring the place earlier in the year, but could not agree, going to meet again soon on this...

today was 30.00 including fish and Chips......

I nearly bought it along with a farm there a couple of years back, couldn't agree either though so never happened

How much is it to rent the place for half a day? Any idea?

£80 on a weekday if you know the owner - it's a bit shit though TBH, wouldn't get out of 2nd gear in a lot of car, also has serious noise issues

£80 on a weekday if you know the owner - it's a bit shit though TBH, wouldn't get out of 2nd gear in a lot of car, also has serious noise issues

Thought it would be good to take the team with the MX5's?

I did have an interest in acquiring the place earlier in the year, but could not agree, going to meet again soon on this...

today was 30.00 including fish and Chips......

It is probably cheap for a reason.

A mate went there a month or so ago. Won't go again. The lack of marshalling etc is no big deal as long as there isn't an incident - but if you compare it to, say, the Harewood hillclimb events I expect the difference is night and day.

I could be 100% wrong (I wasn't there).

Clive Spoke to the chap that runs our events, he says no noise restrictions? in midweek. That lack of adequate 1st aid trained is a concern though........
When PCGB rent the place, they have a fire marshall and proper 1st aid trained person.

Also I can see 130 down the back st, and its about as long as the Autocar handling course, and quite technical in some parts....
Have a look at the R500 Vid
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTuqXPSRa60

For me I have great fun round there......

Last edited:
Clive Spoke to the chap that runs our events, he says no noise restrictions? in midweek. That lack of adequate 1st aid trained is a concern though........
When PCGB rent the place, they have a fire marshall and proper 1st aid trained person.

Also I can see 130 down the back st, and its about as long as the Autocar handling course, and quite technical in some parts....
Have a look at the R500 Vid
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTuqXPSRa60

For me I have great fun round there......

Its fun for sure, the owners son is a good friend and I grew up wrecking all sorts around there, not many cars that you will see 130 from though !

Noise issue is real, if your trying to do a deal on the place look very deep into it as its nearly closed it down a few times (in fact it think it did for a short period about 10 years ago) they have restrictions on engine running hours - some very silly neighbours who know how to annoy LDC !

Also that side of Lichfield is set for some pretty serious development, house are going to get a lot closer which will only make things worse ................however maybe not a long term bad investment a Im sure it's technically a brownfield site :eek::

Overall I reckon it would be easier to build a new place and make it better really was the conclusion I came to

Last edited:
Its fun for sure, the owners son is a good friend and I grew up wrecking all sorts around there, not many cars that you will see 130 from though !

Noise issue is real, if your trying to do a deal on the place look very deep into it as its nearly closed it down a few times (in fact it think it did for a short period about 10 years ago) they have restrictions on engine running hours - some very silly neighbours who know how to annoy LDC !

Also that side of Lichfield is set for some pretty serious development, house are going to get a lot closer which will only make things worse ................however maybe not a long term bad investment a Im sure it's technically a brownfield site :eek::

Overall I reckon it would be easier to build a new place and make it better really was the conclusion I came to

Thanks Clive,
https://www.facebook.com/CurboroughSprintCourse

They have some nice stuff round there, I think run properly it could work...
I am aware of the Council goings on my friends mom sits on.......

sounds fun, want me to have a word ?

Yes! If noise is not a issue lets take the CSL as well and the Sag just to really test the noise issue. If David is right on the noise it would be great and good for some sponsorship next year.

Yes! If noise is not a issue lets take the CSL as well and the Sag just to really test the noise issue. If David is right on the noise it would be great and good for some sponsorship next year.

I don't think they have a limit now just restrictions on days and times, will have a chat, speak later

Back