BMW i3 advice please

jedi-knight83

Stutt9art VIP
Cars owned: 430dGC / 172 / XKR
My father in law has just put a deposit on a 1yr old 34 mile.. yes just 34 miles! i3. No range extender. £19k

I know nothing about these cars!

Its a private purchase.. not through a business.

Is it a really bad idea?

Dont see why? What sort of trips,does he do?

Wifeys getting one later on this year

Mainly for my mother in law around town, school run etc. They will hire a bigger car for weekends away to Cotswolds etc.

I see a new one is coming out this year but I guess at £19k it's not a bad deal for basically a new car.

Labrit had one and said categorically it was the worst car he ever experienced ?

Ask Maxine over on the other channel. She has, or had, an i3

I've got a 2014 REX and love it. The non REX would not work for us but they are a brilliant little car.
I bought mine when it was a year old and it had shat 50% of it's value - An intelligence test if you ask me.
Push for them to give you the 5 year service pack if it's not got it already but we're up to 7k miles in ours and totally faultless.
If you're trapping on it's a little under sprung and under damped but I am being picky here :)

I've got a 2014 REX and love it. The non REX would not work for us but they are a brilliant little car.

How is that possible, you'd be in the sea well before you could run out of battery power....?

How is that possible, you'd be in the sea well before you could run out of battery power....?

:) - Are you coming to grace us with your presence next month pal? Would be good to see you

Back