Dear departed friends

This really is shit actually. But lets all remember one thing....'What would Angus want us to do now' ??

Have a fucking big party and a tear up to see the guy off, thats what. Angus style.

As MANY friggin supercars as you can possibly get together and a cracking session afterwards.

Please do let me know whats going on over in the 'other place' wont you.

Will do Steve :tu

Well said James and sorry to hear about the loss of your friend of course.

So, so, so very sad to read this news about Angus on PGT today. He will be much missed by everyone who knew and enjoyed his company/friendship over the years.

As some of you know I lost my Dad on Saturday AM so again as James said life can truly be so utterly shit sometimes......

RIP Angus old friend.

Gareth I knew your dad had issues but I had no idea he passed away this weekend. I'm so sorry to hear that and I can only extend my best wishes to you and your family.
It's been a terrible month in our communities.

Without wanting to give out the wrong impression, I was having a bad day but I then realised that there are others a lot worse than myself today.

This really is shit actually. But lets all remember one thing....'What would Angus want us to do now' ??

Have a fucking big party and a tear up to see the guy off, thats what. Angus style.

As MANY friggin supercars as you can possibly get together and a cracking session afterwards.

Please do let me know whats going on over in the 'other place' wont you.

Of course, and yes, you'll be kept in the loop Steve. I think an epic car gathering somewhere appropriate would be ace, but its more about the people than cars. Angus was a people guy first and foremost.

Gareth really sorry to hear of your dads passing.

So sad to hear the news, i'm shocked. RIP my friend.

Off out on the gixxer to rag the shit out of it, as i'm sure he would want.

:tu don't put it in a ditch like angus did at le mans a couple of years ago (he was pissed as a fart at the time!) LOL

OMG - terrible news. RIP Angus.

Had loads of great fun with him over the years with me in the Ruf vs him in the pink SL65 at Vmax and similar.

I'd heard he was looking unwell and I know he had problems, but that's so sad. A really good fun bloke who will be missed by many.

Speechless.....one of the nicest guys you would ever meet!

RIP Angus.
He was one of a kind, brilliant fun and totally nuts. I went for a stroll in the forest after hearing the sad news this morning, I was gutted, he was only 50, a 1963 baby like me.
Life sucks, enjoy it while you can.

I can't put in to words how sad i have been all day, Angus was a great friend of mine, and i'm going to miss him sooo much.
I honestly don't think i've cried since i was a child, but i've definitely made up for it today. I miss him so much already:-(
My thoughts are with his family now, as god only knows how hard it must be for such a young family.

RIP Gus, my good friend.

I cannot believe I am reading this. Again, truly gut wrenching.

He was a character we all got to know and loved and have had many a trip away with him and other friends.

RIP Angus :(

An absolute Gent and friend. Very very sad, I missed his call only last week... RIP Angus (big black rubber cock). :(

Gareth I knew your dad had issues but I had no idea he passed away this weekend. I'm so sorry to hear that and I can only extend my best wishes to you and your family.
It's been a terrible month in our communities.

Without wanting to give out the wrong impression, I was having a bad day but I then realised that there are others a lot worse than myself today.

Thank you Cem, very kind of you.

Keep Angus in our best thoughts today and raise a glass to the big fella.

An absolute Gent and friend. Very very sad, I missed his call only last week... RIP Angus (big black rubber cock). :(
I'm really glad you have posted Lee, both here and on PGT, He was a great friend to us all.

Gents, Angus had hit troubled financial times since losing his job at Phones Intl a few years back (this is no secret), therefore forgive me if I'm talking out of turn but I'm pretty sure he had enough good friends that would put in a proper contribution towards a good send off. I'm sure this would help his wife out no end whilst also ensuring no expense is spared for a proper funeral day.

I cant see the discussion about all this on PureGT, but if someone is doing something similar to the above can you get them to contact me - I will happily contribute.

His family can use my black Flying Spur as a funeral car if this saves a few bob too.

Please can someone pass this on.

Gents, Angus had hit troubled financial times since losing his job at Phones Intl a few years back (this is no secret), therefore forgive me if I'm talking out of turn but I'm pretty sure he had enough good friends that would put in a proper contribution towards a good send off. I'm sure this would help his wife out no end whilst also ensuring no expense is spared for a proper funeral day.

I cant see the discussion about all this on PureGT, but if someone is doing something similar to the above can you get them to contact me - I will happily contribute.

His family can use my black Flying Spur as a funeral car if this saves a few bob too.

That's very kind of you Steve, there are a few of us in talks to see what we can do, but i think we're all still in shock at the moment to think straight:-(

That's very kind of you Steve, there are a few of us in talks to see what we can do, but i think we're all still in shock at the moment to think straight:-(

Agreed, when this horrid truth has sunk in fully, and not in haste but in big hearted memory of the great big hearted man himself, we should do something properly worthy of Gus and his memory. Raising money to help Helen and Poppy face the future without him at the same time is a no brainer IMO and should be the simplest thing for the collective too. We raised 30k for Steve in a few short hours so why not again. I'm in, 100%

Agreed, when this horrid truth has sunk in fully, and not in haste but in big hearted memory of the great big hearted man himself, we should do something properly worthy of Gus and his memory. Raising money to help Helen and Poppy face the future without him at the same time is a no brainer IMO and should be the simplest thing for the collective too. We raised 30k for Steve in a few short hours so why not again. I'm in, 100%
Agreed, i've spoken to Chalkie this evening, he's been with helen today, and he's going to have a word with Her in a few days, to see what we can do to help. As you can imagine, she's still in shock, and won't fully understand the financial situation until she has time to look through the paperwork.
God i'm depressed today:-(

Good thinking. Already asked what we can do so hopefully it should be organised.

Sad times. I didn't know him that we'll but always enjoyed seeing him.

Very good idea, anything we can do we will.

Just back from Steve's "Flatsticks" funeral.

It was a lovely send off for our friend and buddy and it was clear that Steve's lovely wife Sue, and the boys had had the opportunity to prepare for this day that they had never wanted to arrive.

Sue was clearly very strong, quite exceptional actually and I hope that she has a good weep later as I expect she will need a release after today.

The Johnsons' can all now look toward their futures with their lovely old fella never far from their minds whilst trying to ensure he would be proud of them, and I know he would be. Steve will not be forgotten that's for sure.

Rest in Peace Steve.

Back