Gatwick parking meet and greet

JBakes

Coolest guy on S9’s...cooler than Iceman off Top G
Cars owned: Speciale,812C,996RS Dakar,Alfaholics,NSX,675LTS SCRS, Integrale,Elite,Elise, Exige,Caterham,Macan,Di
Anyone used it? Is it any good? any issues??

I always buy parking on the official gatwick parking website. I try to use short stay and take the keys with me. I have never had a problem and even left my McLaren for a week in the summer. There is a VIP section.

I have used valet a number of times with the E63 estate and never had an issue. I am not precious though and don't check the mileage. I once witnessed and massive row when a chap was collecting his aston martin and it had an extra 63 miles on the clock...

Ditto for the official parking-never had a problem. Way to many moody people operating in that industry

I don't use the meet & greet service ever, just too many horror stories.

Used the short stay premium parking (Car Park 3, Level 2) and it puts you right opposite the departures/arrivals entrance. Worth the extra couple of quid for peace of mind and convenience.

Using Heathrow next week and use the business/pod parking at T5

£300 for 16 nights in short stay though!!

£300 for 16 nights in short stay though!!

I forgot to add... always book well in advance. :D

16 nights, just use the long stay and bus it

I always book valet parking at Gatwick as it’s on the departure access level.

Never had a problem and always reasonable.

I'm in the long stay right now... the bus takes about 5 minutes and the cost is reasonable.

used it once, got a minor dink in the roof, they denied everything

Cant see the point - Gatwick short-term parking is fine
.. although the first parking is quite narrow in places when you are going between floors

Regarding Heathrow parking - you always see Ferraris/Lambos etc parked on the ground floor of the Terminal 5 short-term parking where they have big spaces - but how do you book that bit/access it?

I used to have an airside pass that, if you were confident, could get you free parking at T5. IIRC you can get into the ground floor but just by driving up to the barrier and going in like the normal car park.

If you saw the meet and greet drivers you would drive by - we pick customers up (or drop off ) regularly at Gatwick - fooked if I would hand my keys over

I park at parents in Reigate and then get an Uber... Winds parents up having an extra car on their drive though so maybe not ideal for the S9 masses...

What car is it for? I can sort out special attention, but only use favour on special occasions...

(£300 for 16 days seems reasonable - your 720 must have lost that per day?)

No way I’d hand the keys over to anybody I didn’t know, so easy for them to clone the key and put a tracker on the vehicle, so they can steal it a later date.

Used it last year - hung around a bit on pick up but not a major issue. Everything else was fine. Would use it again.

I don't use the meet & greet service ever, just too many horror stories.

Used the short stay premium parking (Car Park 3, Level 2) and it puts you right opposite the departures/arrivals entrance. Worth the extra couple of quid for peace of mind and convenience.

Using Heathrow next week and use the business/pod parking at T5

This ^. The pod parking is quite a novelty, work well.

What car is it for? I can sort out special attention, but only use favour on special occasions...

(£300 for 16 days seems reasonable - your 720 must have lost that per day?)

It's only for the S6 Avant and the wife has already put a few go faster scrapes down the side. I'm not precious about the car at all as it's always filthy and in a state. Basically have a 3 and 5 yr old, loads of luggage and don't want to have to take a bus....just drop car and get a trolley and go... after a 3 hour drive we have a 9 hour flight so the easier less hassle the better

I stay at the Sofitel and pay the extra for them not to move the car

12 days in November is £145 including the room! - gives us the opportunity to leave a small bag of the traveled in clothes in the car to.

Back