Goodwood Revival Sat

i went as a corp guest with full hospitality and access everywhere and that's how I got caught out. Nothing in the ticket so wore a nice jacket, collared shirt and trousers. Felt a real Pratt being stopped at the paddock entrance - luckily my host was prepared and lent me one.

It may be different this year but I wouldn't want that experience again.

Thanks will put a tie in my back pack.......

Photo of Paddock pass

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    760.3 KB · Views: 103
Yes I have one of those

Yes I have one of those
Posted it for David as he said nothing to say a tie required Andrew. Just get your Farahs sorted :(rofl):

Posted it for David as he said nothing to say a tie required Andrew. Just get your Farahs sorted :(rofl):

Thanks N
Bet this will catch a few out, how about ladies, take it smart and casual..?

but how about a 70s theme Porsche Brumos tee shirt.......? don't really want to have to wear a shirt and tie.......

This is one of the few events that I wear a jacket & tie to, ( first time I went the GRRC kindly loaned me a jacket & tie, hint taken ) I would say if you don't make an effort to be smart you will stand out a bit & in the wrong way. Its really worth it, doesn't need to be period, just smart but as has been said don't go in a suit, that's a bit ott This Google search shows a few piccies from previous events, concentrates more on those in period but you can tell in a Tee shirt you will stand out a bit https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=g...X&ved=0CCAQsARqFQoTCOe4_r7668cCFUya2wodyzkAHg

Trousers, shirt, jacket, tie. If you have any pheasant murdering country dress that might do as its timeless

If you fancy going the whole hog wear your leather gear :D::D: ( joke )

Attachments

• BD-Judge-Sarah-Bradley-Jake-Turner-219x300.jpg
    BD-Judge-Sarah-Bradley-Jake-Turner-219x300.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 138
Last edited:
This is one of the few events that I wear a jacket & tie to, ( first time I went the GRRC kindly loaned me a jacket & tie, hint taken ) I would say if you don't make an effort to be smart you will stand out a bit & in the wrong way. Its really worth it, doesn't need to be period, just smart but as has been said don't go in a suit, that's a bit ott This Google search shows a few piccies from previous events, concentrates more on those in period but you can tell in a Tee shirt you will stand out a bit https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=g...X&ved=0CCAQsARqFQoTCOe4_r7668cCFUya2wodyzkAHg

Trousers, shirt, jacket, tie. If you have any pheasant murdering country dress that might do as its timeless

If you fancy going the whole hog wear your leather gear :D::D: ( joke )

Thanks, can see going to have to make the effort on this one.....

Supposed to be pre-'66, so 70s won't wash. Sports jacket or tweed suit the easiest option.

Wife has bought be tweed jacket and trousers and brogues!

Back