How do we roll?

Good Thread..

I seriously believe the wanting to be the best and have the best is mainly fuelled by insecurities in most of us, I know it 100% used to be in me. Now I don't care so much. I measure my own success against my own goals, I do not constantly strive to have or achieve what others do, as we all do different things.

It is like all of this posting on social media about what you have, what you are getting, what top venue you are at is the oppitamy of insecurity & the desire to be accepted, admired and to some point envied by others, to gain recognition which boosts the ego and helps balance the insecurities. Does the venue matter? Surely it's the people you are with that make the occasion.

I eat well, I exercise 4 or 5 times a week and I no longer smoke, exercise builds endorphins, they make you happy, you feel good, it makes you happy, you start to see a change in the way you look, it makes you feel happy and more confident. You sleep better. This allows you to perform better in your working life. The success comes organically.

After all, you wouldn't put used oil with sand in it, in a car you have just spent 300k on, so why put shit in your body constantly. everything is about balance.

My life has changed massively in the past 12 months, based on one event. I put 100% effort in to what I do, but I will not do anything that will jeopardise mine or my families happiness, my wife and kids come before anyone and anything, that includes working 18 hour days and stressing like fuck trying to grow a business, as that affects the family. If I feel like working in the evening, I will, if I don't I won't.

Do what makes you happy, which in-turn will make the people around you happy. No point being dead rich.

cunt!

Too many people buy things they don't need with money they don't have to impress people they've never met on the internet.

It is odd.

Imagine if they were buying things they did need, with money they had, to impress people they knew!

That would be fucked up!!

Good Thread..

I seriously believe the wanting to be the best and have the best is mainly fuelled by insecurities in most of us, I know it 100% used to be in me. Now I don't care so much. I measure my own success against my own goals, I do not constantly strive to have or achieve what others do, as we all do different things.

It is like all of this posting on social media about what you have, what you are getting, what top venue you are at is the oppitamy of insecurity & the desire to be accepted, admired and to some point envied by others, to gain recognition which boosts the ego and helps balance the insecurities. Does the venue matter? Surely it's the people you are with that make the occasion.

I eat well, I exercise 4 or 5 times a week and I no longer smoke, exercise builds endorphins, they make you happy, you feel good, it makes you happy, you start to see a change in the way you look, it makes you feel happy and more confident. You sleep better. This allows you to perform better in your working life. The success comes organically.

After all, you wouldn't put used oil with sand in it, in a car you have just spent 300k on, so why put shit in your body constantly. everything is about balance.

My life has changed massively in the past 12 months, based on one event. I put 100% effort in to what I do, but I will not do anything that will jeopardise mine or my families happiness, my wife and kids come before anyone and anything, that includes working 18 hour days and stressing like fuck trying to grow a business, as that affects the family. If I feel like working in the evening, I will, if I don't I won't.

Do what makes you happy, which in-turn will make the people around you happy. No point being dead rich.

Spot on.

It's not you know . It's logic . People are dying all around me for example , I'm in falluja 2006 . It's bed time , if I sleep I can perform better , will me not sleeping, wringing my hands in worry I mprove the situation or make things worse ? Have this discussion with yourself [whatever is concerning you]you will conclude "why not sleep?". one must learn to deal with things and think about things at the appropriate time . There's a time for everything , these are boxes . There are things you can do , these are things . Put these things in the right boxes at the right time . The end
As for food and training , it takes no longer to eat healthily than it does to eat shit . Got no time ? Have a protein drink not shit. Again simple .
There are 24 hrs in a day show me someone who can't spare 30 mins to work out in 24hrs and I'll show you a lazy liar .
It's discipline and planning , I promise you it's easy

How about Red Bull?

I'd echo a lot on here. Prioritise, then divide and conquer.

We all go through periods where the sheer number of moving parts gets on top of us, and it seems to be just one thing after another. The way that works best for me is to take each point, isolate it and decide what can be done about it, what I'm going to do about it and what priority it has. It helps to write them down somehow, probably frees up space.

But the most important thing is your own health and wellbeing. Most people need a health scare to realise that if your health isn't there the rest is irrelevant. So put some effort into exercising and eating clean, it'll be the best investment you ever make. I'm dubious about personal trainers, since it suggests that you don't really believe it's important enough for you to hardwire it into your life and do it without an outside influence. If it's your top priority you'll do it without some fucker shouting at you.

Only you can decide what's really important to you, but you should make that call deliberately rather than let events drive it for you IMO

Two days at the gym and two days healthy eating, no alchohol. I'm already feeling better.

Tonight i'm booked into a boxercise class and next week starting back with kick boxing after an 8 year break!

I just wish i could do things by halves ๐Ÿ™‚ focussing on health has already eased alot of the stress

Had an interesting chat with Steve the other night, regarding the pressures we put on ourselves under because we are a certain type.

Haven't slept properly for three and a half weeks due to pressures

Realised i've got far too many plates spinning for my head to cope with stuff

Our House for Sale
Found a house to buy
3 New cars on order, 2 due in may
Appointed a commercial director in my main business
Appointed 6 new managers in my main business
30 odd ground staff to co ordinate (read grief)
Relentless business and overheads growth
Garage interiors and doors business busy
Kids taking their gcses
Wife suffering with menopause terribly
Starting my journey on circuit racing
Expensive lifestyle vs quality of life

Generally not exercising, knackered and stressed to hell. Bit of a hamster wheel, how do you break the cycle?

Anyone else get like this?

Sounds like me 12 months ago. Ive changed my life massively, not all of it for the better, divorce was never the plan, but getting rid of my transport business and the staff headache that went with it, starting my new lifestyle business, losing weight, eating well, having more time to myself has meant for the first time in years Im happy, healthy, stress free and I mostly sleep like a baby.

Ive been "working" in South Africa since January, you can live like a King out here on very little money, awesome place, fantastic climate, fantastic restaurants blah blah, Im seriously considering upping sticks and moving here permanently

PS Rob, congrats on the worst disguised look at me thread of the year so far LOL

Sounds like me 12 months ago. Ive changed my life massively, not all of it for the better, divorce was never the plan, but getting rid of my transport business and the staff headache that went with it, starting my new lifestyle business, losing weight, eating well, having more time to myself has meant for the first time in years Im happy, healthy, stress free and I mostly sleep like a baby.

Ive been "working" in South Africa since January, you can live like a King out here on very little money, awesome place, fantastic climate, fantastic restaurants blah blah, Im seriously considering upping sticks and moving here permanently

When can I come and visit mate??

PS Rob, congrats on the worst disguised look at me thread of the year so far LOL

Tosser! See you in a couple of weeks, still kick your brummy arse at arm wrestling :D

Am guessing the language barrier is difficult for them :D? Seriously envious tho bud, divorce fucked me up big time mentally and financially.

Baf You were right

Tried to eat much better this week, did two spin classes (after work) and just back from a 50 mile (3 hour) bike ride with chums

Generally feel less guilty and pissed off about being unhealthy /overweight
And found work shit - didn't result in me over reacting and wanting to kill everyone

Also less "pensive" and that constant nagging feeling I should be doing something

Two days at the gym and two days healthy eating, no alchohol. I'm already feeling better.

Tonight i'm booked into a boxercise class and next week starting back with kick boxing after an 8 year break!

I just wish i could do things by halves ๐Ÿ™‚ focussing on health has already eased alot of the stress

:(y):

Gents I beg you listen to me you will feel better . You need to replace the hunting and warring were were evolved to do with exercise . Your body and psyche need the reward of physical conquest , it's programmed into us . That's why after a fight , sex or exercise you are rewarded with endorphins , that is your prize . It's like the quickening in highlander . The more you exercise [like the more heads Kurgan took] the bigger y0ur endorphin release [or quickening].

You LITERALLY are what you eat . You are rebuilt every several months through cell regeneration and the fuel for that is your food . Eat well and you will feel well . Don't forget water .

Man needs physical , sexual and mental stimulation and a good diet . That's all , the rest is just fluff .

The last secret is sleep , nothing is as important as sleep . It is essential for mental and physical wellbeing .

Live like a lion fight , f**k , eat and sleep .

Gents I beg you listen to me you will feel better . You need to replace the hunting and warring were were evolved to do with exercise . Your body and psyche need the reward of physical conquest , it's programmed into us . That's why after a fight , sex or exercise you are rewarded with endorphins , that is your prize . It's like the quickening in highlander . The more you exercise [like the more heads Kurgan took] the bigger y0ur endorphin release [or quickening].

You LITERALLY are what you eat . You are rebuilt every several months through cell regeneration and the fuel for that is your food . Eat well and you will feel well . Don't forget water .

Man needs physical , sexual and mental stimulation and a good diet . That's all , the rest is just fluff .

The last secret is sleep , nothing is as important as sleep . It is essential for mental and physical wellbeing .

Live like a lion fight , f**k , eat and sleep .

Baf, would you be good enough to suggest what you believe to be a good 7 day diet considering that I don't drink milk or take butter/creamy stuff. I'd be keen to give this a go to see how it makes me feel against how I do currently.

Baf, would you be good enough to suggest what you believe to be a good 7 day diet considering that I don't drink milk or take butter/creamy stuff. I'd be keen to give this a go to see how it makes me feel against how I do currently.

Nick if you don't mind I'd like to do this seriously and this unfortunately means about an hours conversation before I can go away and write something up for you and Then in 2 months tell everyone how you feel and look . Unfortunately this means a chat over the phone , is this ok ? In the mean time write everything you are currently eating in your phone for me . Change nothing do exactly what you have been for 3 days. After each meal , snack , coffee , nut , crisp packet , piece of fruit etc note the time and the item eaten .

Nick if you don't mind I'd like to do this seriously and this unfortunately means about an hours conversation before I can go away and write something up for you and Then in 2 months tell everyone how you feel and look . Unfortunately this means a chat over the phone , is this ok ? In the mean time write everything you are currently eating in your phone for me . Change nothing do exactly what you have been for 3 days. After each meal , snack , coffee , nut , crisp packet , piece of fruit etc note the time and the item eaten .

there is a great app called my fittness pal that really help you keep a good food diary - you can then run reports on Kal intake, and all the macro and micro nutrients you are getting, it also tracks your excerice level if linked to a suitable device - I found out I was eating no where near enough iron or calcium so now supplement them

Since Christmas I have lost weight and am now at my target (1 stone lighter and 7% less body fat ) I have been doing the gym 3 or 4 mornings a week, not much cardio but took the advice I saw Baf giving others to do mostly resistance and it has really worked

I feel absolutely on top form recently, loads of energy, sleep like a baby etc. this then runs into work and family life and is very positive

food wise I have cut out as much sugar as possible and am eating minimal amounts of processed / junk foods (but am not religious about it as you do have to enjoy what you enjoy in life ) I am not drinking much alcohol

no where near as fit as I want to be, but I will be at some point this year. Diet and physical activity do indeed seem be a very big part of keeping your head straight and world organised and pleasnt

I'm really glad the resistance exercise is working for you mate . ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป
Cardio is good but severely over rated unless you are a runner or long distance athlete

I'm really glad the resistance exercise is working for you mate . ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป
Cardio is good but severely over rated unless you are a runner or long distance athlete

I do a bit of cardio as a warm up - just 10-15mins on a bike, other than that all the gym time is weights, I suffer a lot with DOMS though and recently talking with a friend who does strong man comps etc he thinks I need some protein supplement etc but I'm sceptical of these things

Last edited:
Back