How do we roll?

I do a bit of cardio as a warm up - just 10-15mins on a bike, other than that all the gym time is weights, I suffer a lot with DOMS though and recently talking with a friend how does strange man comps etc he thinks I need some protein supplement etc but I'm sceptical or these things

Intra workout BCAA's can help with DOMS - you'll still get soreness depending upon how much you're pushing but they had some benefit in my situation.

I do a bit of cardio as a warm up - just 10-15mins on a bike, other than that all the gym time is weights, I suffer a lot with DOMS though and recently talking with a friend who does strong man comps etc he thinks I need some protein supplement etc but I'm sceptical of these things

Protein supplements are just that , a supplement to your diet . Don't worry about it . Get yourself a good quality whey isolate protein powder and crack on . You haven't been training long in time you will get better . Remember to stretch muscles once warm , you want to stay flexible . A strong healthy muscle is a long , flexible muscle . Keep an eye on joints and tendons by warming up properly . Keep it simple and you can't go wrong .

So decided to take a holiday and de stress, we're off this week. Two weeks in mustique should do it, reads like its idylic. Never stayed on such a small island with no cars or anything. love, peace and exercise

So decided to take a holiday and de stress, we're off this week. Two weeks in mustique should do it, reads like its idylic. Never stayed on such a small island with no cars or anything. love, peace and exercise

WTF'!!!! You two are on holiday every bloomin month FFS !

As Mr Doom says, eat well and sleep. Knee op this time last year so back on the erg doing 5k's at around 19m. Used to compete on the BIRC, nowhere near where I used to be as 50 now, but superb for overall fitness.
You'll love mustique, stayed at the Cotton House years ago, you'll have a great time there 👍🏻

This guy has nailed it i think ..

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    174 KB · Views: 122
I'm really glad the resistance exercise is working for you mate . 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻
Cardio is good but severely over rated unless you are a runner or long distance athlete

Using your own body weight and the rubber bands you can buy aids the best exercises I've ever done. You can get the best work out ever with 100 quids worth of equipment. Bench, rubber bands, large ball and a mat. No fancy gym needed.

With regards to food, baf is also spot on, you are what you eat. Also if you consume more calories than you burn you'll put on weight, it's not rocket science :)

Best quote I've ever heard in my life "live like a lion" lions ain't daft, they eat well, shag loads and exercise perfectly.

I do a bit of cardio as a warm up - just 10-15mins on a bike, other than that all the gym time is weights, I suffer a lot with DOMS though and recently talking with a friend who does strong man comps etc he thinks I need some protein supplement etc but I'm sceptical of these things

Don't know that you need anything too fancy here. I have found even a glass of milk with some chocolate Nesquik straight after a workout helps with DOMS.

Using your own body weight and the rubber bands you can buy aids the best exercises I've ever done. You can get the best work out ever with 100 quids worth of equipment. Bench, rubber bands, large ball and a mat. No fancy gym needed.

With regards to food, baf is also spot on, you are what you eat. Also if you consume more calories than you burn you'll put on weight, it's not rocket science :)

Best quote I've ever heard in my life "live like a lion" lions ain't daft, they eat well, shag loads and exercise perfectly.

👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

This guy has nailed it i think ..

That statement is so true for many of us I'm sure. Certainly is for my world that's for sure.

The secret with exercise is to make sure you are still doing it in a years time. In order to do that you need to enjoy it, vary it, and have targets. Once you start plateauing , if you don't change, you'll just get bored and start finding excuses to not do it. If you don't enjoy it then there is no way you'll still be going in a years time.

I've been going to the gym 3 days a week for the last two years. Before that I made sporadic , and ultimate failed, attempts to keep fit. I was either bored or just hated it. Now I look forward to my gym days and find the rest days dull.

My two favourite gym mantras are "if it's important you'll find a way, if not then you'll find an excuse" ( have had to tell myself that a few times on a cold winter morning) and "water cuts through rock not because of it's power, but because of it's persistence"

Last edited:
Taken the opportunity of a few days break. The most remote, relaxing place I could find

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    798.8 KB · Views: 120
Back