New joiner

Scaramanga

Stutt9art VIP
Cars owned: Mostly German...
Evening all. Just wanted to do a proper intro, after an initial hiccup where I hadn't appreciated the closed nature of the forum and my first post was a for-sale ad for some 991 parts.

I know a small handful of folk on here, including Nick who has cling'd a few toys for me some time back, including a low-ish mile CSL and the 1M that replaced it. Naturally I managed to sell both at completely the wrong time, but enjoyed my time in each.

I've kept a couple of BMW M models in the stable, but still feel like the E46 M3 is amongst the best drivers' cars ever built (at today's values) and can be an absolute bargain if found in well maintained condition.

Have been lucky to have some nice Porsches over the years, including a 987 spyder as well as 991 GT3 (LHD car with 918 buckets). That said, am addicted to 993s, having owned a C2S and C4S in the past. Once again, managed to sell before prices rocketed before realising I wanted another. So picked up a leggy manual C2 coupe a couple of years ago which has become a labour of love (bare metal respray, RS-inspired interior return, engine refresh, plus some choice upgrades inspired by the experience of others). Am nearly done with it, and it's one of my favourite cars of all time despite not being 100% factory original.

Anyway, I must confess that I haven't been out on track much, other than experience day invites from BMW as well as some PalmerSport days organised as client events from work. Would v much like to get some track experience and driver training, so that'll be the mission for 2017.

The forum seems like a fantastic meeting place for like-minded folk, and I'm proud to know some of the members on here already.

Hoping to make a contribution and will get some pics of the machinery up if that would be of interest !

Welcome dude, Porsche people are in demand, we are infested with Mac fanboys who dances to Ron's tune... Good people deep down though :)

Come join us for Zandvoort July 6 & 7.

Evening!

Likewise since joining the forum earlier this year I've made do great new friends and got into track days big time.....all Nicks fault and Zandavoort was the big kick start I needed after my first track day out at Spa last year!

Get stuck in and enjoy the community....a few odd balls like Henrich so what out for him! 😜

Welcome Nick and I'm glad that you've found us all here on the good ship S9's !

Get some pics up.

Oh, and have you still got the Stradale ?

Anyway near a gravel trap watch out Drew ain't wildly out of control sliding backwards into it trying to drag you along :)

Welcome dude, Porsche people are in demand, we are infested with Mac fanboys who dances to Ron's tune... Good people deep down though :)

Come join us for Zandvoort July 6 & 7.

Evening!

Likewise since joining the forum earlier this year I've made do great new friends and got into track days big time.....all Nicks fault and Zandavoort was the big kick start I needed after my first track day out at Spa last year!

Get stuck in and enjoy the community....a few odd balls like Henrich so what out for him! 😜

Thank you guys! Sounds like the trip in July would be great. Prob need to confirm it's a good starting point for a novice. Need to shake out some of my mechanical sympathy... :)

Welcome Nick and I'm glad that you've found us all here on the good ship S9's !

Get some pics up.

Oh, and have you still got the Stradale ?

Cheers buddy. I have indeed. Was almost embarrassed to admit it, as I just haven't had much time to use it properly!! It's had a few runs out in Surrey Hills on dry days, and was asked to pop down for a photo shoot at Brooklands at the end of the summer.

Very annoyed at the place that used to service it, as they damaged your film. I understand that mistakes/accidents happen, but they actually did a mini repair on the film (cutting in a small new rectangular piece) and didn't tell me. I was in a rush at time of collection and didn't notice it until I spotted it only a few days later.

Probably one of the best cars I've ever owned, and definitely the car I've held on to the longest! Hope to see you soon Nick.

Pics to follow when I get back to the UK.

Welcome Nick! Even though I myself am a newbie here as well! I'm sure you will find a lot of like minded people here who love their cars and I for one aim to meet up with some of the dudes on here at track days in the coming year. Seeing you like 993's you're welcome to join me on any ride in my 993 RS Clubsport. Its a great trackday tool-even though it lacks some firepower compared to the modern metal. Still great fun though!
Cheers

Last edited:
Welcome along and look forward to meeting you at some point I'm sure. Nice thing about S9 is there are a few get togethers so it's not just Internet chat, lots of keen drivers.

It's good to have nice new members who immediately join in and make the effort, a big welcome from me Nick.

Welcome Nick! Even though I myself am a newbie here as well! I'm sure you will find a lot of like minded people here who love their cars and I for one aim to meet up with some of the dudes on here at track days in the coming year. Seeing you like 993's you're welcome to join me on any ride in my 993 RS Clubsport. Its a great trackday tool-even though it lacks some firepower compared to the modern metal. Still great fun though!
Cheers

That sounds like a plan! 993RS CS - you won't need to ask me twice!! :) I hear you on the firepower, on the road mine doesn't feel as quick as other cars, but I think power increases start to get v expensive unless you're bolting on a supercharger? I do wonder if I missed a trick with mine (ie. should have taken out rear seats and put in a half cage)... :(

Welcome along and look forward to meeting you at some point I'm sure. Nice thing about S9 is there are a few get togethers so it's not just Internet chat, lots of keen drivers.

Welcome Nick !

It's good to have nice new members who immediately join in and make the effort, a big welcome from me Nick.

Thank you gents!! Looking forward to meeting at some point soon. 👍

Welcome aboard (my new Nautical greeting)

Jez

Welcome Nick. Good to see you on here. Hope m2 is going well.

Mike

Welcome aboard (my new Nautical greeting)

Jez

Thank you sir!! Think I read on another thread that you had a nautical incoming... now that sounds interesting!

Welcome Nick. Good to see you on here. Hope m2 is going well.

Mike

Cheers Mike. Trying to keep it as nice as when it left you! Only 450 miles so haven't had a chance to drive it properly yet. :(

Then again... i still grin everytime I think of your red 'R!

Have some more bits to discuss with you for the new year! 👍

Welcome in Sir, good bunch on here.

Nice wheels, but get yourself off to McLaren sharpish and try yourself a proper car.

Nice intro, Welcome it is an awesome place. Hours will be lost on here lol

Welcome Nick, fancy a 993 myself anyway hope to see you around in the new year at one of the s9s get togethers. J

Back