Silverstone tomorrow 7th

collecting back end of this week....and need to do a few miles before track it....
Sounds good - get mine next week as well :)

What's wrong with the centre locks, is it a warranty thing or do you have to have them changed on a regular basis

3 out of the 4 somehow got corroded and Reading recommended changing them. That's despite the car having mainly sat around in a dry warehouse for most of it's life until this year....bloody awful things centrelocks for a road car. Really wish Porsche had never fit the damn things as they are actually a wear item based on track miles as well...and for the GT 911s they couldn't even do them with proper motorsport centrelocks like on the CGT or 918 (much more expensive but much better quality design/unit apparently).

D - shame you didn't make it down. Weather was perfect....quite a lot of cars and red flags though.

3 out of the 4 somehow got corroded and Reading recommended changing them. That's despite the car having mainly sat around in a dry warehouse for most of it's life until this year....bloody awful things centrelocks for a road car. Really wish Porsche had never fit the damn things as they are actually a wear item based on track miles as well...and for the GT 911s they couldn't even do them with proper motorsport centrelocks like on the CGT or 918 (much more expensive but much better quality design/unit apparently).

D - shame you didn't make it down. Weather was perfect....quite a lot of cars and red flags though.

Driving the 12c,or saving it for Thursday ?

I know I am sorry, just to busy, will you be there Thursday pure GT day? I will be there at 11am, get to go out in 675 with B.Senna

I know I am sorry, just to busy, will you be there Thursday pure GT day? I will be there at 11am, get to go out in 675 with B.Senna

I'm hogging him on Thursday mate,i need someone to follow around the Ring :D: Bummer i'm missing my ride with Senna too...........

Andy - was in the 12c...needed a quick warmup pre main event....;)

D - i refuse to go to silverstone international i have to admit especially at mcgt prices...plus i am due somewhere on a oneway toll road at the eifel :) do mention how you get on with the 675 though..very interested...

Last edited:
How did you get on today guys ? What was faster turbo s or 12c ? How was the f12 on track ?

3 out of the 4 somehow got corroded and Reading recommended changing them. That's despite the car having mainly sat around in a dry warehouse for most of it's life until this year....bloody awful things centrelocks for a road car. Really wish Porsche had never fit the damn things as they are actually a wear item based on track miles as well...and for the GT 911s they couldn't even do them with proper motorsport centrelocks like on the CGT or 918 (much more expensive but much better quality design/unit apparently)..

this will make moz's day!

Woppum - Big ferrari corporate day, tons of challenge cars. F12 sounded rather good, damn quick in a straight line. I got hammered by the 2 speciales today, just could not keep up, wonder if it was instructors ..but my excuse is heat cycled tyres and being a wimp today for some reason ;) will have cup2s soon enough though!

Glad i made someone (moz's) day even if i am a tad in the dark as to why....?

A lovely day at Silverstone, good weather and towards the end of the day the track was quiet, I managed to get a couple of quick laps in:

That looks like a cracking bit of kit that does Ken. Out of curiosity, what pace does that run per lap against your GT3 on the same circuit ?

That looks like a cracking bit of kit that does Ken. Out of curiosity, what pace does that run per lap against your GT3 on the same circuit ?

From memory I did about 2.23 in the GT3, that lap was a 2.19 but there was traffic and I had a moment at Becketts, I am hopeful of doing a 2.17. I do have a video of a pro driving the car and doing a 2.17.

At Spa I did a 2.44 two up in the GT3, I was getting low 2.40 in the 211

Last edited:
From memory I did about 2.23 in the GT3, that lap was a 2.19 but there was traffic and I had a moment at Becketts, I am hopeful of doing a 2.17. I do have a video of a pro driving the car and doing a 2.17.

At Spa I did a 2.44 two up in the GT3, I was getting low 2.40 in the 211

That is good as I would assume that at a track like Spa, the Lotus is giving way to a great deal of top end benefit that the Porsche has showing just how high the cornering speeds are, along with I assume, the ability for the 211 to brake much later.

That is good as I would assume that at a track like Spa, the Lotus is giving way to a great deal of top end benefit that the Porsche has showing just how high the cornering speeds are, along with I assume, the ability for the 211 to brake much later.

The GT3 has about 10 mph more top end, I don't think the Lotus is hugely quicker in the corners, it is better at changing direction and the sequential gearbox allows you to always be in the right gear. The other issue of course is that I push the Lotus far harder than I ever would push something like a GT3.

The GT3 has about 10 mph more top end, I don't think the Lotus is hugely quicker in the corners, it is better at changing direction and the sequential gearbox allows you to always be in the right gear. The other issue of course is that I push the Lotus far harder than I ever would push something like a GT3.

Well, that will do it I'm sure Ken. :)

Back