Silverstone tomorrow 7th

Sorry no D.

You back from Spain then ?

I wish, first day back at the office. Kavi is bringing his new f12 which will be interesting !

I wish, first day back at the office. Kavi is bringing his new f12 which will be interesting !

going to have a go in it later, so how was the 918 on a long trip?

I'm there tomorrow, testing the 211

going to have a go in it later, so how was the 918 on a long trip?

Incredible best euro car on the planet. Did the drive to St Tropez in one day and set up camp there for 2 weeks. Pretty much every day I went for drives around the hills with the roof down, or escaped St Tropez to Cannes, Nice or le cap d'antibes. Roof off on those roads really going for it is so exhilarating. Amazingly the stereo is so good you can clearly hear it at warp speeds and that engine note! A car to die for. Over 4200 miles now I think ! :)

I sent it back with Alex Sharp (iguana from PGT) as decided to hop on the plane as my lot were all staying out there till Wednesday and I needed to get back to work. Really great way of doing it actually if you want a relaxed end of the holiday. He picked it up Friday mid day and dropped it off yesterday evening when I got home.

Some pics for u

Here were my vital stats from the drive down. Really impressed with mpg considering....

image.jpg

An instafan saw I was doing the trip and asked one of his friends to wait for me en route. When I passed his friend he got the message and 100km down the road later he was waiting, in the middle of no where on bridge over the motorwary wielding a camera. I had no knowledge this was all going on however I did notice the chap with the camera draw his camera on me as soon as I came in to vision. I thought little of it at the time but by the time I got to the Byblos I was tagged in to his photo on his page. Amazing 918 love shown but also a little scary ! Here is the pic he took :

image.jpg

I took these in the hills around St Tropez

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Brightening up the ultra stuffy hotel Eden rock at the cap

image.jpg

And finally loading on to its chariot on the way home :)

image.jpg

It was so good I may play 2 euro trips in it next year if I can!

Last edited:
What garage you in, might pop up and say hello?

Great pictures,lovely weather and a relaxing flight back !:)

I will be there with Mark from Backdraft, come and say hi

Some us have to work :(

David can you give me a call at some point tomorrow?

don't have garage J, did not expect be back in UK, will be in 918 from 2 onwards.....

If you want or don't already have someone else to share one, feel free to use the one I'll be in. Don't know the number yet but in theory a friend i am there with should have sorted one out...assuming of course our cars are worthy of being in around yours!;) will be there from 10, earlier if i can manage in the 12c. Wanted to take the RS but still waiting for replacement centrelocks grrr...

Last edited:
If you want or don't already have someone else to share one, feel free to use the one I'll be in. Don't know the number yet but in theory a friend i am there with should have sorted one out...assuming of course our cars are worthy of being in around yours!;) will be there from 10, earlier if i can manage in the 12c. Wanted to take the RS but still waiting for replacement centrelocks grrr...

What's wrong with the centre locks, is it a warranty thing or do you have to have them changed on a regular basis

Just got the 918 out 1st time for 7 weeks, been at the Den, and its put in a sick note, back to the Den, will be in Turbo S for just after 2.....will keep an eye out for a 12C in rear mirror...

What's wrong with the 918 David ?

What's wrong with the 918 David ?

Water had some how got into a sealed control unit just below the mesh on the back, that controlled the box. Hopefully should be back on road later this week.

Not had time to get to Silverstone today

Water had some how got into a sealed control unit just below the mesh on the back, that controlled the box. Hopefully should be back on road later this week.

Not had time to get to Silverstone today

Sealed being the operative word David ,guess it's not a boat ..............

Just got the 918 out 1st time for 7 weeks, been at the Den, and its put in a sick note, back to the Den, will be in Turbo S for just after 2.....will keep an eye out for a 12C in rear mirror...
sorry to hear about the 918,

Why not running your RS?

Back