Think twice before putting loved ones in small cars, even if NCAP 5 rated

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry to hear of your loss, terrible circumstances.

Very sobering reading especially as the Insurrance Industry pushes youngeters towards smaller vehicles with the premiums they charge....

My deepest condolences Max, sorry to read this mate

Always here if you need a beer to moan about life and a shoulder my friend.

Sorry to hear this. My condolences

Really gutted for you MV and my heartfelt condolences go out to you and your family.

You must not feel any guilt over this; this was, by definition, and accident and nothing you have ever done accounted for the event or the outcome in any way.

Stay strong!

A terrible accident. So sorry to hear of your loss MV.

Stu I am so sorry to read this. My heart goes out to you and your family mate!

I caught up with my brother today, he is a west Yorkshire paramedic commander and was on scene for this tragic event.

By all account the Audi driver was witnessed driving like a dick (very excessive speed) just before he crashed and some suggestion he could have been over the limit.

Hope they throw the book at him.

Really sorry to hear this about your mum & I hope he recovers fully.

Last edited:
I caught up with my brother today, he is a west Yorkshire paramedic commander and was on scene for this tragic event.

By all account the Audi driver was witnessed driving like a dick (very excessive speed) just before he crashed and some suggestion he could have been over the limit.

Hope they throw the book at him.

Wow, small World. The next time you speak with him please thank him and his colleagues on our behalf for their service, I know they did everything they could at the scene.

As for the Audi driver, he was allegedly twice over the drink limit at 9:30 the following morning. So, it's not over for us yet unfortunately, we await a trial which may take up to 10 months before we get a full understanding of how and why this happened so we can put this, and an innocent Ladies’ memory, to rest.

I still have major concerns about small cars and the EuroENCAP ratings after this, although this appears to be a high speed/impact event I still feel the car underperformed to my expectation.

Once again, thank you to all that have read and commented on this thread, I am so sorry that I couldn’t bring myself to answer each comment individually, but please know that your kind thoughts and comments have been truly appreciated.

Let’s bring this thread to a close now, with my gratitude for the kind thoughts that have been extended and the hope that everyone’s loved ones and friends remain safe and well on the roads.

Sincerely,

MV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back