EVO Fast Laps. No Place to hide......

Apolo1

Cars owned: Few Porsches, and others
Any one going to the Evo event today? Bedfordshire Autodrome.

One Hr of warm up laps, one hr of timed laps, some fast cars going....Looking forward to see what the RS can do.....

Would love to but no.

Let us know how you get on ?

Would love to but no.

Let us know how you get on ?

If I do well, I will let you know, if not have nice xmas and see you next year......:(rofl):
My friend is taking his 675 we are about the same Skill wise, so be interesting to see.....will give it 100%, Roll cage, 6 point, Hans, etc feel much better now about pressing on...

If I do well, I will let you know, if not have nice xmas and see you next year......:(rofl):
My friend is taking his 675 we are about the same Skill wise, so be interesting to see.....will give it 100%, Roll cage, 6 point, Hans, etc feel much better now about pressing on...

Need to know how it went before I go to bed David !!!!! :)

http://www.evo.co.uk/news/16896/evo-how-fast-trackday-live-timing-here

I was in section 3

You should know me by now A, I don't do no 2s, very well....Car was insane fastest road standard production car on the day, (well it was at the time I left) with none pro driver, and I have never been on the track before...Lol.....

Will put up the full story later, have to go now......

Who said a an RS wont know which way a 650 went........lol

Last edited:

So looks like my time was the fastest time on the day...had at least another 2 secs in the bag, had to short shift due to noise regs,( black flagged) and had to lift due to a drainage problem at the apex on fastest part of the track, surface water across the entire width, tired to take it flat but just spun off.....

Good show David , but with this lot I would edit that post as admitting you don,t do No2,s very well will create a barrage of prune jokes :D:

Good show David , but with this lot I would edit that post as admitting you don,t do No2,s very well will create a barrage of prune jokes :D:

Lol, the Spz saw my time and decided not to run......lol
The 991RS as a road car, not a lot above a GT3, show it a track completely different car, learnt a lot today about aero settings, braking using the DF and tyre pressures, these new Cups have a very narrow Operating window.....

Well done D.

Well done david, well impressive :)

Good job buddy... What time did the 675 post and what else showed up for the day?

Good job buddy... What time did the 675 post and what else showed up for the day?
675, had a sick note, in my Class.....big power Caterhams, 997RS, Jap stuff that changed to slicks....
You will be so fast in this car H....

675, had a sick note, in my Class.....big power Caterhams, 997RS, Jap stuff that changed to slicks....

Sounds like Minis and Civics :(devil):

Good going for a first outing, as you say should be plenty more in the tank
Would be interested to hear more about your experience of the Cup 2s and how they hold up.
On the mainstream Cup 2s, I find a new set starts to go off after only a few laps during the warm up cycle....however, once you have put a heat cycle through them, they then (usually during the PM session of a full day session) transform into rock solid lap after lap performance.

...your challenge will be staying at a track for the full day :D:

Well done David great result !

I can't wait to have some fun in mine, 2016 is going to be fun for me. I'm gunning for your hill climb record David ;)

Cant wait buddy, not been that excited for a car in a long long time.

Cant wait buddy, not been that excited for a car in a long long time.

the grip is insane, it just grips and grips and some........carried so much speed round one corner...I lost well over 2-3 secs through the noise ie short shifting and the water....that would have given me in the late 1.18s......
This is with me behind the wheel don't forget.....

Sounds like Minis and Civics :(devil):

Good going for a first outing, as you say should be plenty more in the tank
Would be interested to hear more about your experience of the Cup 2s and how they hold up.
On the mainstream Cup 2s, I find a new set starts to go off after only a few laps during the warm up cycle....however, once you have put a heat cycle through them, they then (usually during the PM session of a full day session) transform into rock solid lap after lap performance.

...your challenge will be staying at a track for the full day :D:

Civics, nah I recall 3 x P1s, a lafa, a white 650SP, and 650SGT3 with no 59 on the side....:(clap):

Good point about the tyres, they are not like the ones on the GT3, they work best at 29-33, that's it any above and the back end starts to slide.....will go into more on this point tomorrow.

Civics, nah I recall 3 x P1s, a lafa, a white 650SP, and 650SGT3 with no 59 on the side....:(clap):

Good point about the tyres, they are not like the ones on the GT3, they work best at 29-33, that's it any above and the back end starts to slide.....will go into more on this point tomorrow.

Sure - I still suspect you will find they settle down if you stick around for longer :)
During the first warm up phase I also get frustrated at how they start to slide at the upper end of the pressure range

Back