EVO Fast Laps. No Place to hide......

Sure - I still suspect you will find they settle down if you stick around for longer :)
During the first warm up phase I also get frustrated at how they start to slide at the upper end of the pressure range

yes but you have to switch the TC off, the outside rear goes about 10psi of the other one, the TV and BS just kills the speed.....I set my fastest time with TC off....was told they require 3 heat cycles before they give their best, was just on the 3rd when done my fast time....was struggling to get out of the 1,23s with TC on.....but know now what I feel is the optimum aero and geo settings......

Well done David, good to see you giving it large all the time.
Now in session 2, what was Duncan Cowper driving to do 1:14:593? LT675?

I googled the name Steve and it came up with dax Rush

Wow, that's a fast Dax and obviously very quick driver too.

Civics, nah I recall 3 x P1s, a lafa, a white 650SP, and 650SGT3 with no 59 on the side....:(clap):

Good point about the tyres, they are not like the ones on the GT3, they work best at 29-33, that's it any above and the back end starts to slide.....will go into more on this point tomorrow.

P1?????

Any decent driver ?
How did they do ?

no that looked like westfeild, type caterham, race car only type car......

Last edited:
P1?????

Any decent driver ?
How did they do ?

Only jesting, Mate there were some very fast track only cars there though, all on slicks....my 1st time at the circuit, would have liked longer than just over 30 mins to learn it.

I've done a 1:17..in my fighting weight days...not sure if the tracks changed that much since (that was about 15 years ago)

**ok hands up, that was in a JPA single seater (wings and slicks) a young Justin Wilson was there the same day,I seem to recall the instructor crushing my ego by informing me it would only take JW about 6 laps to catch and LAP me :=:)

That's impressive, seriously ....

I've done a 1:17..in my fighting weight days...not sure if the tracks changed that much since (that was about 15 years ago)

**ok hands up, that was in a JPA single seater (wings and slicks) a young Justin Wilson was there the same day,I seem to recall the instructor crushing my ego by informing me it would only take JW about 6 laps to catch and LAP me :=:)

different circuit, this is the west one came live in 2008/9?

I went with my friend he has done a 1.15 in Formula Ford on Slicks, he was in boxster SP yesterday, he did not set a time went off on both runs, due to taking the water part as I said above flat out.....

Have they changed the config of the west circuit? This link says fastest lap was a 1.13 in an SR8 LM. So there is no way on earth any Westfield or dax would get within 1 sec of that...

http://fastestlaps.com/tracks/bedford-autodrome-west-circuit-post-06-2008

think it changed in 2008,9....was told yesterday that Steve Sutcliff did a 1.19.8 in 991Turbo s, if I did not have to keep at low revs and short shift noise regs, and lift over the water, taking into account that I have never been on the track before and only had 30 mins to learn it, think even with my driving skills I could have gone from my 1.22.5 to below the Turbo S time....

Some of you are going to be very fast in this car...

think it changed in 2008,9....was told yesterday that Steve Sutcliff did a 1.19.8 in 991Turbo s, if I did not have to keep at low revs and short shift noise regs, and lift over the water, taking into account that I have never been on the track before and only had 30 mins to learn it, think even with my driving skills I could have gone from my 1.22.5 to below the Turbo S time....

991 'RS is going to be phenomenal at tracks like Spa with high speed corners that enable the DF to show its self more. Can you imagine Pouhon and Blanchemant 1 & 2 in this car...?
It's going to be quite something.

991 'RS is going to be phenomenal at tracks like Spa with high speed corners that enable the DF to show its self more. Can you imagine Pouhon and Blanchemant 1 & 2 in this car...?
It's going to be quite something.

I've raced a fair bit at Spa in cars with proper downforce (Radicals and Junos) and I can't wait to take my RS to the track. It won't of course be anything like a radical but I would like to see how good this oft talked about downforce on the RS really is

My link says Sutcliffe did a 1.19.2 in the TTS so perhaps the layout hasn't changed

My link says Sutcliffe did a 1.19.2 in the TTS so perhaps the layout hasn't changed

the info from yesterday said it changed to 1.8 miles in June 08.....

Google research suggests

Track was 2.7km upto 2008 then 2.9km (so about 7% longer)
However the average speed jumped from 110kph to 119 KPH (8% faster - some of this increase is due to faster cars)

So materially the pre 2008 times can be compared to post 2008 times (as the track is 7% longer but 8% faster)

**double checked my own times! best ever wasn't 1.17 but 1.19 :(blush):

Google research suggests

Track was 2.7km upto 2008 then 2.9km (so about 7% longer)
However the average speed jumped from 110kph to 119 KPH (8% faster - some of this increase is due to faster cars)

So materially the pre 2008 times can be compared to post 2008 times (as the track is 7% longer but 8% faster)

**double checked my own times! best ever wasn't 1.17 but 1.19 :(blush):

1.19, very good, they said yesterday that anytime below 1.20 for road going production car is very very quick, take it your 1.19 was in race car? ie slicks etc taking into account Sutcliff's time in a 991turbo S

1.19, very good, they said yesterday that anytime below 1.20 for road going production car is very very quick, take it your 1.19 was in race car? ie slicks etc taking into account Sutcliff's time in a 991turbo S

my time was in a 3.0 jag (two up)
:(y):

one of these two (cant remember which one)

jag 2.jpg

jag.jpg

Back