Mac F1 Team

Apolo1

Cars owned: Few Porsches, and others
So how much longer can it go on? Imv this is now affecting the Honda brand.....

Surely Mac must be wanting to ditch Honda and go back to merc customer...could see alonso and JB walking away to sports cars

Surely Mac must be wanting to ditch Honda and go back to merc customer...could see alonso and JB walking away to sports cars

Genuinley don't understand this. taking into account the resources that they both have....along with the amount of time Honda had to develop this engine.. the head of HONDA Corp was there today, what must he be thinking.....

My understanding is that Alonso brings a large amount of his $ with him, Don't think JBs on a lot. Would think Alonso will kick in a performance clause next year, can see him back at F....

Think all of them have a huge problem on their hands (Mac and Honda). Japanese culture will not deal with this situation well - I would expect some high level changes at Honda very, very soon following the visit by the CEO today.

Genuinley don't understand this. taking into account the resources that they both have....along with the amount of time Honda had to develop this engine.. the head of HONDA Corp was there today, what must he be thinking.....

My understanding is that Alonso brings a large amount of his $ with him, Don't think JBs on a lot. Would think Alonso will kick in a performance clause next year, can see him back at F....

Totally agree D. Alonso must want Raikkonens seat

Totally agree D. Alonso must want Raikkonens seat

the chap that Alonso did not get on with has gone now....K Raik does not seem bothered.......

I would bet there are some big changes next few weeks, just after Silverstone.....like above this will not go down well with the Japs......

The lack of sponsors for last two seasons must be really becoming an issue now

The lack of sponsors for last two seasons must be really becoming an issue now

what Co in the right mind would want there name down the side.........
I am sorry but I blame Ron....all down to his egotistic attitude.. the car side has gone from strength to strength now he's taken a back seat...

Last edited:
what Co in the right mind would want there name down the side.........
I am sorry but I blame Ron....all down to his egotistic attitude.. the car side has gone from strength to strength now he's taken a back seat...

My hunch is Honda will quit this year...Mac with Fez engines next year...Mag and Hulk as the drivers

Ron when he stepped down the first time, just would not let go in the background. I felt for Martin Whitmarsh-who is a very genuine person and decent guy-when Ron used to interfere. Ron just can't leave anything alone-even tried to micro manage doing my job when I was there-he knew nothing about what I was doing, but had to have his say.

Ron when he stepped down the first time, just would not let go in the background. I felt for Martin Whitmarsh-who is a very genuine person and decent guy-when Ron used to interfere. Ron just can't leave anything alone-even tried to micro manage doing my job when I was there-he knew nothing about what I was doing, but had to have his say.

heard from the top that he's the problem, and has been for a while now....way past his sell by date........imv

The three years I was with the F1 team, he had to have his say on everything. The move to the new building was totally delayed by him interfering.

The three years I was with the F1 team, he had to have his say on everything. The move to the new building was totally delayed by him interfering.

Why oh why did he put Paddy lowe on Gardening leave when he had all the CAD designs in his head? they went from hero to zero from the 12 to 13 year......

A proper desperate state of affairs. Can you imagine the amount of money that the F1 team is rinsing from the corporate coffers right now. When you think they've been unsupported for a couple of years it's quite scary really.
I reckon that there will be a few people in top level management at Honda soon committing "hari-kari" once the boss man gets back. It's a shameful display from a once great engine builder.

Worst part is, Ron still believes that they're a top level team. But I fear that they're gonna be in the wilderness for some time now, like Williams were after the Senna years.

Last edited:
From an outsiders view Both Alonso and Button are far to good for them , I would agree button to sports cars or possibly rally cross as his dad I believe loved that, both with a commentating career possible as well. He seems from the little we see pretty content personally and must have enough put by financially. Alonso is wasted at mclaren and I think doing extreemly well to keep trying.

Mclaren won't change until Ron is sidelined. , same with F1, Bernie has to move on

Why oh why did he put Paddy lowe on Gardening leave when he had all the CAD designs in his head? they went from hero to zero from the 12 to 13 year......

Bad mistake letting go of Paddy and also Pat Fry. Pat is a very very smart chap. Also losing a chap called Neil Martin was also a big loss.

Bad mistake letting go of Paddy and also Pat Fry. Pat is a very very smart chap. Also losing a chap called Neil Martin was also a big loss.

And how the results show!

And how the results show!

So many key personnel have left the team. Even some of the "wrinklies" are getting a bit fed up now.

Honda are about to Launch the NSX, the elec tech HB system on this is only surpassed by the 918.

If they are not careful, imv... this debacle with the F1 power plant could have an adverse effect on the road car sales...

Honda are about to Launch the NSX, the elec tech HB system on this is only surpassed by the 918.

If they are not careful, imv... this debacle with the F1 power plant could have an adverse effect on the road car sales...

I'm not so certain that it will affect sales too much. There are a lot of 'average' punters out there with the money to buy the new NSX so even if the connoisseurs pull out there will be people to fill the gaps. Besides, over the last two to three decades, Ferrari has often produced great road cars while its F1 team has been struggling and produced poor(er) road cars when the F1 team has been successful. Maybe Honda will be the same (Civic Type-R & NSX)?

Back