Need for Speed

Harry

Stutt9art VIP
Cars owned: 7.0L TT Monaro, 720S, 675LT, 992 Turbo S, 930 Turbo, 991.1 and 2 GT3 Cup
Just got back with the two young boys from seeing this.

If you see it you must watch in 3D and in D-Box seats. It's like a 2 hr theme park ride.

Ignore the script, the car scenes are excellent

9/10!

Might be going to see it today, girls are of to dance competition and I'm going to that!

I personally hate 3D on films, after about 10 minutes you don't notice it's 3D anymore, but you do notice the stupid glasses you're still wearing.

When I first saw the trailer for NFS I thought it looked rubbish and thought it'll all be CGI, but then I heard/read that the Director insisted that all the car stunts were real and that no CGI was used and sudddenly it sounded better.

Product Placement and Infantilism.

Product:- Mustang.

Placement:- Everywhere.

Actors and acting:- Pygmy-like on both counts.

Car crashes:- Remember when you were a child and you played 'car crashes' with your toys? The Director and writers didn't do it enough, so they subject their audience to a child's game writ large.

Mycroft Movie Rating: Celluloid excrement.

Edited and reason:- Public facing page and being nice is apparently important to some poor sensitive souls.

Last edited:
Car crashes and child's game. Yes, you get this movie too!

Car crashes and child's game. Yes, you get this movie too!

Which is ok when thats what you expect. I just watched it, as suggested not going to be Oscar nomination time, but there were loud fast cars doing proper drifting and loads of completely pointless and un-necessary handbrake turns into every corner. I admire that they did it all for real, but they ruined it entirely when they suggested that their 900hp Mustang went 234mph on a race circuit.

Saw them talking about this on Top Gear, apparently the stunts are real. Cars are models though.

Which is ok when thats what you expect. I just watched it, as suggested not going to be Oscar nomination time, but there were loud fast cars doing proper drifting and loads of completely pointless and un-necessary handbrake turns into every corner. I admire that they did it all for real, but they ruined it entirely when they suggested that their 900hp Mustang went 234mph on a race circuit.

They probably meant KPH not MPH, seems more likely.

I admire that they did it all for real, but they ruined it entirely when they suggested that their 900hp Mustang went 234mph on a race circuit.

I think it was doing top speed in the corners as well. LOL

They probably meant KPH not MPH, seems more likely.

Was definitely mph

This sounds like a film I must take my 9yr old to see.

Back