Nissan GT-R , should I?

SJF

Stutt9art VIP
Cars owned: Lambo Aventador Sv Landrover RR Motorhome Gypo stylee
Thinking of a new or newish Gtr to run alongside the Lambo for the odd track day and general weekend tooling about. Not too worried about running cost because I'll only do 5-6k miles a year maybe 3-4 track days.
Opinions would be appreciated.

Cheers

Steve

Great cars - had three and loved them...the new 2017 version even faster and the new interior is a big step forward

I had one for three months, great car really enjoyed it. It is everything a Porsche turbo is not and that is a good thing, I'm talking about character

I've had mine for 4.5 years, amazing value for money, modified to stage 4 there are very few cars that can keep up with them.Mines currently running 670bhp and 635ftlb, serviced and tuned by Litchfields who know the cars inside out, much better to buy a car that has been looked after by one of the top independents rather than a Nissan main dealer who generally don't have a clue when it comes to sorting any issues. The old scare stories regarding the transmissions are now irrelevant, the independents can rebuild the boxes and internals are available from companies such as Dodson, they really only need uprating if you run over 680-700 ftlb. Servicing is very reasonable, newer cars are on 12 month services and the servicing generally works out cheaper than my Evo IX.

Yup do it, great cars you will have fun. Recently jumped in for first time and bought a Nismo. Love that ugly Datsun to bits and cant wait to have a right go with sticky tires on Spa next week.

Yup do it, great cars you will have fun. Recently jumped in for first time and bought a Nismo. Love that ugly Datsun to bits and cant wait to have a right go with sticky tires on Spa next week.

Weapon, of the hammer variety!

My 2010 car was good but not great. Sadly my car suffered so many problems , I completely lost faith with Westover Nissan, so I flogged it.
I'd like a newer one and I'm sure I wouldn't be so unlucky this time. I hear they are better on track these days too without the limp home mode and overheating gearboxes constantly ruining the day.

My 2010 car was good but not great. Sadly my car suffered so many problems , I completely lost faith with Westover Nissan, so I flogged it.
I'd like a newer one and I'm sure I wouldn't be so unlucky this time. I hear they are better on track these days too without the limp home mode and overheating gearboxes constantly ruining the day.

Westover, there's the problem, complete muppets of the highest order. We were told the master cylinder on the Abarth had failed because it was contaminated, when I asked what with, answer, clutch fluid . then there was , ok I wont bore you but I could write a small book, they are feckin useless

Think you have to get MY11 or later, my Nismo MY16 laughs at the beating you dish out, drove it on Spa like a hooligan, sliding it round like no tomorrow, bouncing just off the rev limiter. Awesome car, love that Datsun. Next week back to Spa hoping for dry and I'll get a little more serious, aiming at 2.40 laps :)

great shout. ive always thought about one since they came out, but have had M3's instead as they are more sensible. BUT the new 2017 one looks so much better and interior is far far better looking. maybe chop M3 in for one of the new GTR's as its an itch I want to scratch. plus massive boot, 4 seats (kids can fit no problem)
plus the 2017 one looks so much better I think. :(y): £80k for a new one now though

Last edited:
Thanks for response,
I think I'll end up with a 15/16, trying to do a deal from somewhere but struggling too find the time.

Cheers
Steve

My mate has one at the moment running 1000BHP it's an animal..... But he also has two young kids that he can put in the back if you just want to use it as a car ( as it has a number of different map settings)

It's all cars for all people.

He had all his work done at Litchfield and he rates them highly, but they are very very busy so do not expect fast turn around.

All in all a bloody great car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cheers thanks for comments.
Put a deposit on a nearly new Recarro spec car today! Hopefully picking it up early next week!

Cheers thanks for comments.
Put a deposit on a nearly new Recarro spec car today! Hopefully picking it up early next week!

Great, think you will love it.

Come to Spa on Wed and run it in :)

Back