Performante in Action

Diamond Blue

Realised Porsches are for poofs, joined the dark s
Cars owned: 997.2 GT3,FK8 Civic Type R
Convoy with Ed's lovely Performante,
The S9 car of choice apparently :)

En route to Marque One cars to see Paul Baileys P1 (Which is gorgeous I have to say )

Great little run despite Ed's little detour on the way there

11154375634_9e676c5a7f_c.jpg

Lovely pic - brings back happy memories of my first 997RS in bk/ or

Lovely pic - brings back happy memories of my first 997RS in bk/ or

And orange/black. Weren't they good times Pete ?

When I was looking to get out of my CLK Black ( I know, everyone loves em but me ) I thought it was the sweet spot of GT3-dom TBH,
and I don't regret it. Its a peachy little car, had so much fun in the last 18 months. Better since the engines voice has been unleashed admittedly. But since I bought it, its gone up in value by a fair bit and now I'm reluctant to go out on a hoon in it like I used to

So been back into the paint shop for some fettling and down to Nicks shortly to protect it properly.

1977236_855000284526753_3175277323746792974_n.jpg

they were Nick. Like going through Pouhan at Spa with you asking if I ever bother warming my tyres up :)

There will be good times again. I have a feeling the way this place is developing that there will be some great cars and meets in the future :)

When I was looking to get out of my CLK Black ( I know, everyone loves em but me )

How can a PetrolHead not love the Mighty CLK BLack???? TBH out of all my cars its my favourite, I take the Black out hooning more than any other car. On my second set of tyres already :D:D:D

How can a PetrolHead not love the Mighty CLK BLack???? TBH out of all my cars its my favourite, I take the Black out hooning more than any other car. On my second set of tyres already :D:D:D

To be fair, I used up quite a lot of those tyres when I test drove the car :)

The day I decided I couldn't be bothered to run the car in anymore.

Not that I had much choice trying to keep up.

"Sigh"

I know I know, everyone loves them. I won't bore S9 with another whinge about why I never got on with it but it lasted 6 weeks til I outed it, my own personal best

"Sigh"

I know I know, everyone loves them. I won't bore S9 with another whinge about why I never got on with it but it lasted 6 weeks til I outed it, my own personal best

Wasn't having a dig mate!!

The only downside to the car is the slow witted gearbox, but Ive found if I drive it in manual I like it much better, but the rest....just perfect, pointy steering, waggy tail, great brakes and suspenders and that gem of an engine.

Wasn't having a dig mate!!

The only downside to the car is the slow witted gearbox, but Ive found if I drive it in manual I like it much better, but the rest....just perfect, pointy steering, waggy tail, great brakes and suspenders and that gem of an engine.

No offence taken mate in any way.

I went through my reasons on here and elsewhere when it was fresh but what it amounted to was the Black and me didn't gel.

I came to it immediately after my Scuderia and not long after a fettled GTR. Compared to those cars and the RS it was replaced by I found its most obvious shortcoming (the gearbox) maddeningly frustrating. Hitting the dash and screaming at the bloody thing frustrating !

Its a hooligan for sure and has character in spades but the shortcomings (Compared to its predecessors) were too great for me.

Expensive mistake , never mind,:stung: life's too short

No problem, sure the opportunity will arise again.

In that video, didn't look like these was much performance difference between the Gallardo and the RS. Was there, is that really the case?

In that video, didn't look like these was much performance difference between the Gallardo and the RS. Was there, is that really the case?

Paul, Ed's Performante was brand new on the day so some reluctance to wring its neck I think.

On public roads an RS is as quick as you would ever reasonably want TBH.

Paul, Ed's Performante was brand new on the day so some reluctance to wring its neck I think.

On public roads an RS is as quick as you would ever reasonably want TBH.

Ah right, I can understand that then. I am sure both are in that category, was just interested which had the edge.

Your RS does sound amazing.

Ah right, I can understand that then. I am sure both are in that category, was just interested which had the edge.

Your RS does sound amazing.

Its actually a custom made Hayward and Scott X pipe, based on what Sharkwerks make (In California rather than Germany )

There are lots of similar mods out there because its cheap, easy to take off if you want to, and sounds fucking brilliant.

Having briefly toyed with adding a scuderia to the garage I'm now enjoying the performante more than ever.
IMHO its seems a far better car overall. Italian styling and flair with German engineering and build quality. Oh for a sat nav, ipod,phone and air con that all work properly
Makes you wonder sometimes how a Ferrari commands a premium in comparison

Back