Hawk Kitchens & Bathrooms - Contemporary Barn Kitchen

S1ARM

Stutt9art VIP
Cars owned: AMG GTR, 430 CUP, 620R, Ranger MSRT
contemporary-barn-kitchen-extension-large1.jpg

This client came to us with architect’s plans for his new double height space extension of what was to be the new kitchen. The client was quite overwhelmed by the size of the space itself and what to do with it so left everything up to us. His only request was contemporary with plenty of storage.

contemporary-barn-kitchen-extension-large3.jpg

Space planning was key in this vast room however we didn’t want to fill the entire room with kitchen cabinetry so left plenty of space towards the window for a dining and seating area. The space wasn’t entirely square and had lots of angles so to accentuate this we opted for a contemporary handless Rotpunkt kitchen and designed a staggered island that reflected the shape of the room.

contemporary-barn-kitchen-extension-large4.jpg

There were lots of contrasting textures throughout the space, particularly the contemporary glass window paired with rustic wooden beams. We reflected this in the choice of materials we used such as the contemporary dark polished Silestone worktops with a juxtaposing raised wooden breakfast bar.

contemporary-barn-kitchen-extension-large2.jpg

The main aspect of the brief was to include lots of storage so we ensured this was the case. Behind stools on the island we included full depth cupboards and added four larder cupboards throughout the space. We also included a tambour unit, designed to hide away worktop appliances to keep the streamlined, clean look of the kitchen. To complete the space we specified Villeroy & Boch Franklin tiles in Griege with their speckled, veined appearance in similar grey and brown tones, tying everything together.

View more of our projects here
Drew

Looks great Drew - can I have one please...

That looks lovely Drew. Well done.

I had forgot that you really did have a job and that it wasn't just a ruse.

:)

Nice - but why two very different bar stools?

Very nice Drew! Will be needing you to get me a quote for our new house in due course! I'll let you know.

Nice - but why two very different bar stools?

No idea why but they kept two old stools 🙄

Lovely but quirky local farming family this one

Very nice Drew! Will be needing you to get me a quote for our new house in due course! I'll let you know.

Thank you and......No worries Alex when you’re ready you’ve got my number 👌

Another fantastic space. It is amazing what can be doe with good design and a shit ton of budget!!

Really is an excellent space.

I notice the Quooker tap - are these the ones to go for? I’ve just ordered a ‘Flex’, would be nice to know I’ve bought the GT3 of taps and not the Carrera T 😉

Looks lovely by the way, definitely something I need not show the wife!

S

I notice the Quooker tap - are these the ones to go for? I’ve just ordered a ‘Flex’, would be nice to know I’ve bought the GT3 of taps and not the Carrera T

YES ! Best appliance to have in the kitchen and the best make/model too.

I notice the Quooker tap - are these the ones to go for? I’ve just ordered a ‘Flex’, would be nice to know I’ve bought the GT3 of taps and not the Carrera T 😉

Looks lovely by the way, definitely something I need not show the wife!

S

Yep Si the flex is the GT3 variant of quooker have you gone for the pro which has the added built in cold water filter function?

We sell one with every kitchen now they are a fantastic bit of kit and will last forever if you have it serviced ever two years

Make sure you buy the scale control addition which protects the tank for longer

D 😎

Woohoo - my first GT3 😅

Thanks guys, PRO3 Flex with the scale control 😎

S

WOW, that looks incredible! good job!

Yep Si the flex is the GT3 variant of quooker have you gone for the pro which has the added built in cold water filter function?

We sell one with every kitchen now they are a fantastic bit of kit and will last forever if you have it serviced ever two years

Make sure you buy the scale control addition which protects the tank for longer

D ��

Same here.

Lovely, we had to fight to get all the glass in our extension so you did well there!

Back